Viking Ship Locations

Dukefan

13 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

- Two 45 minute brisk walks a day.

- 30 minutes of fetch in the yard.

- 30 minutes running around the house playing keep-away.

- Prepping two fresh-food meals a day for his highness.

- Holding a raw-hide chew-bone while the slobber runs down over and prunes your hand.

- Providing one or more body parts to be chewed on.

- Bath and mani-pedie every week or so,

- Allowing room on the bed for his highness’s long legs to stretch out, your comfort is secondary.

- Not minding voluminous dog farts....

Hmmmm, maybe we aren’t your guys then. Most of those seem do-able but the bath and bed ones are a bridge too far.  LOL

22 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

All changed again with Viking Sun. Now she is at anchor off Hong Kong and the destination on her AIS is now listed as Hong Kong.

All this reminds me of when we would negotiate with the Chinese 20+ years ago.   You would get the deal all set and agreed to by both parties until you showed up for the signing and tranfer of payment.  When you arrived the person you had agreement with was not there and in their place was a new person who would anounce that they had replaced the previous person because the deal negotiated by the previous person was not good enough and was unacceptable.   The best way to deal with the situation was to say that the deal is unacceptable we will leave.  Their strategy I believe was to try and get you to better the agreement because when you said that you were walking away, they always eventually decided the orginal deal was acceptable after all.

• Like 2

@Dukefan your post reminds me of an article I read years ago in which a person from Africa stated how even tho buying from the US may have cost more and took longe, they had absolute assurance that whatever you contracted and paid for from an American company you got.  You didn't get cheated. In contrast, they hated dealing with the Chinese who invariably did not honor their contracts. For ex, if you ordered and paid for class A materials - what arrived would more than likely be inferior class products. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 12:50 AM, Heidi13 said:

Viking Sun now steaming about 100 miles from Chinese Waters, almost as if she is holding for orders.

I guess the Chinese authorities require the crew members to be quarantined for 14 days (since the departure from previous port) before Viking Sun is allowed to enter China and go to the Shekou shipyard. Perhaps she may stay at the current position at Hong Kong OPL for one more week.

5 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I guess the Chinese authorities require the crew members to be quarantined for 14 days (since the departure from previous port) before Viking Sun is allowed to enter China and go to the Shekou shipyard. Perhaps she may stay at the current position at Hong Kong OPL for one more week.

Good point and it makes sense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Viking Sea has departed Trieste and is bound for Bodrum in Turkey. Not a port I have visited before, or know much about other than being more of a yacht port.

Anyone been there before?

Nowhere near Aliaga I hope....😳

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Nowhere near Aliaga I hope....😳

Haha!! Now there's a rumour to get started, but fortunately with already having 5 cruise ships, I suspect they may not be accepting new tonnage for many months.

However, they could be using Bodrum as a holding yard.😒

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Viking Sea has departed Trieste and is bound for Bodrum in Turkey. Not a port I have visited before, or know much about other than being more of a yacht port.

Anyone been there before?

Haven't been there, but some ships from luxury cruise lines occasionally visit this port, e.g. Crystal, Regent, Seabourn

• Like 1

After a few months of inactivity, many of the ships are moving:

• Jupiter - approaching Mukran, with ETA 16th
  • Sea - alongside Limassol, after a brief stop in Bodrum. Might be taking bunkers
  • Star - today moved to the berth vacated by Jupiter

On 3/15/2021 at 6:48 PM, Heidi13 said:

After a few months of inactivity, many of the ships are moving:

• Jupiter - approaching Mukran, with ETA 16th
  • Sea - alongside Limassol, after a brief stop in Bodrum. Might be taking bunkers
  • Star - today moved to the berth vacated by Jupiter

So the Jupiter is headed to Mukran, Germany... I;m supposed to board her in July in Bergen. I'll be vaccinated. Iceland is accepting visitors who are vaccinated... Maybe these are good signs? I'm still not holding my breath. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Liz Masterson said:

So the Jupiter is headed to Mukran, Germany... I;m supposed to board her in July in Bergen. I'll be vaccinated. Iceland is accepting visitors who are vaccinated... Maybe these are good signs? I'm still not holding my breath. 🤷‍♀️

Jupiter has been in Mukran for over a week, as she arrived March 16th. No indication get on her AIS for departure. 

18 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Andy-any update on Sun? 

Clay - she is still alongside the pax treminal in Shekou and the AIS is still showing NIR or Norwegian Flag. As of last week they still have a number of Senior Officers and a VP still on board.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Clay - she is still alongside the pax treminal in Shekou and the AIS is still showing NIR or Norwegian Flag. As of last week they still have a number of Senior Officers and a VP still on board.

AAA929B3-B99F-42F3-B531-99C8EBF602C2.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We are boarding the Jupiter in Portsmouth  on 29 May. Does anyone know how and when the crew will be boarding the ship for the three English cruises? We were on the TA last March when the Sky turned, mid Atlantic and headed back to the USA. It will be great to get back on board a Viking ship. Hopefully we will recognise a few crew members who may have transferred from the Sky.