Now for something completely different

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Ah, cold gold, kb @ kiddies beer. Drank a few, but not mad about it. I was tooheys new, tooheys old or tooheys flag. Reschs was 🐈 urine, sorry to be vulgar.

Did you ever get to the bong bong races uncle Les?

And do you remember these?

image.jpeg.5d125642218af5ebb9bc7866ccd9b68d.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Did you ever get to the bong bong races uncle Les?

And do you remember these?

image.jpeg.5d125642218af5ebb9bc7866ccd9b68d.jpeg

Yep went to bongbong picnic races years ago, bowral way. Had a few of those kb hand grenades over the years too. They had a wide neck and ring pull top from memory. Bottle was like a grenade, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm not sure which one I like the most but any of the Budweiser "puppy" commercials from several Superbowls are fun.

I like the puppy series too, although my overall favourite  is the Xmas one where the young horses are kicking snow at the older horses, and an older horse shows the younguns how it's done.

I really can't think of very many Canadian beer commercials that are very memorable. There were some Kokanee commercials that were good but no matter how good the commercial the beer is still swill, not fit for actual humans, I wonder if the wagyu cows would drink it.

18 hours ago, NSWP said:

6 pack of Bud $10 @ ALDI, you have Aldi, Lyle? Or perhaps the Aldi U boats have not reached North America yet, great stores,👍

No Aldi that I am aware of Les, we did have Woolworths here but that has been gone for years. They used to have the automatic donut machine running at the front of the store. It was fascinating to watch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So we're watching "Coast Australia" this episode Botany Bay to Schoalhaven.

Eurobodalla Shire - Batemans Bay down to Narooma etc is south of The Shoalhaven.  Some nice areas in the Shoalhaven, except for the main town - Nowra which in my view is not the nicest of places. Huskisson, Mollymook etc, lovely.

Botany Bay generally compasses the south of Sydney down to the Sutherland Shire, where I lived for 30 years before moving down here.

Enjoy the show Lyle and be positive about your forthcoming adventure to NZ and OZ.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a nice show, I really liked the coast hugging bridge, I would love to drive that nut I'm thinking I would miss that section heading to Canberra out of Sydney. Oh well there are some nice folks in Canberra I am happy to be able to visit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

It was a nice show, I really liked the coast hugging bridge, I would love to drive that nut I'm thinking I would miss that section heading to Canberra out of Sydney. Oh well there are some nice folks in Canberra I am happy to be able to visit.

The original road really hugged the cliff, but it collapsed and got destroyed in landslides due to cole mining subsidence, but there is debate re that. So the suspended SeaCliff bridge was built, between Stanwell Park down to northern suburbs of Wollongong. A real attraction these days, very busy on weekends. We lived and worked in Wollongong for 3 years just after we married.

th (1).jpg

th.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

You could do a detour to drive the Seacliff Bridge on your way to Canberra. It would add about an hour to the trip. You'd go via the bridge to Woollongong, then back up the escarpment to connect with the Hume Highway from the road through to Picton.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chiliburn said:

Personally I think that bridge is overrated.

They call it NSWs great ocean road.

5 minutes and you are across it ,and the guardrail blocks the view.

It's lovely walking across it and the construction is interesting.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

I went out of my way to drive a similar bridge on Oahu that follows the edge of the hill but it is not on the coast. it was cool but also only lasts about 8 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Agree in part. 

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The walk is probably good.

We have done it a few times and I think the Royal National Park with a side trip to bundeena was the highlight of the drive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It cost the NSW Govt hundreds of millions in compo to affected businesses whilst it was being built, around Coledale, Stanwell Park etc as no vehicular access for a few years.  

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Doubt I will ever get Mrs Gut on it, she hates roads that go along cliffs etc.

Don't go to the Canary Islands or Peru then, scary, lol.

Edited by NSWP

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I went out of my way to drive a similar bridge on Oahu that follows the edge of the hill but it is not on the coast. it was cool but also only lasts about 8 minutes.

Oahu what part of Texas is that? LOL

My opinion there’s better things to see around Sydney.

Edited by Chiliburn