Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Unless it's an amphibian or a gastropod.😨

Still not good enough for them. In the Pacific they introduced French snails that subsequently destroyed they indigenous snail population just so they could eat French snails😕

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You'd think the cruise line would have sorted things like that out before offering the itinerary, or at least before the cruise started.

It is on a 7 day cruise, apparently Scotland moved the goal posts once the cruise started.  Lot of complaints re same on MSC board of CC.

Edited by NSWP

Well on the subject of global exploration by Europeans. I don't think anyone went exploring for any altruistic search for knowledge. They went in search of thing they could make money from. Something anything they could take, or barter for and sell at a profit. Rarely did the inhabitants come out better for the experience. Here in Canada we are once again confronted with the legacy of the "Residential School" system. Recently an unmarked grave site was found at a former residential school which contained 215 unidentified Indigenous children who were stolen from their families to be "educated". It is a sorry chapter in our history. 

Like I said I think every country in the "New World" has painful chapters from our Colonial past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well on the subject of global exploration by Europeans. I don't think anyone went exploring for any altruistic search for knowledge. They went in search of thing they could make money from. Something anything they could take, or barter for and sell at a profit. Rarely did the inhabitants come out better for the experience. Here in Canada we are once again confronted with the legacy of the "Residential School" system. Recently an unmarked grave site was found at a former residential school which contained 215 unidentified Indigenous children who were stolen from their families to be "educated". It is a sorry chapter in our history. 

Like I said I think every country in the "New World" has painful chapters from our Colonial past.

It was on the news here Lyle. Very much like our stolen generation of indigenous children. A sorry chapter in our history too. 

Leigh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I watched that movie in the theatre and never felt the need to see it again. The first part was okay the second part was simply bizarre.

That was about the most memorable part .But the whole movie portrays the arrogance of the place.

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I watched that movie in the theatre and never felt the need to see it again. The first part was okay the second part was simply bizarre.

Well you watched the theatre cut 😂 everyone knows you have to watch the directors cut 😜

1 hour ago, ilikeanswers said:

Well you watched the theatre cut 😂 everyone knows you have to watch the directors cut 😜

Why is it even more bizarre? The theatre cut had the real life film of Martin Sheen literally losing it on film and production was halted while he recovered from the mental breakdown.

Like I said, I never felt any want to see the film again. It represents 2 1/2 hours I will never get back.🤔

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1

The Viet Cong and NVA could hear the Air Cav music from the Hueys from a great distance, so could prepare themselves for a fight or slip back into the jungle.  A futile war, nothing achieved but plenty of dead on both sides. 

I saw the movie years ago, not impressed, gung ho.

@Blackduck59

Lyle 

About 20 cruise junkies are staying in the rocks for the weekend,bit of a weekend getaway.

We are going to have a burial at sea for the Australian Cruise industry.

The ceremony will take place at the Overseas Passenger terminal at circular quay.

We are going to throw our lanyards and favourite sea cards into the water and then hit the pub and drown our sorrows.

Any thing you want us to check out for you while we are there?

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@Blackduck59

Lyle 

About 20 cruise junkies are staying in the rocks for the weekend,bit of a weekend getaway.

The ceremony will take place at the Overseas Passenger terminal at circular quay.

We are going to throw our lanyards and favourite sea cards into the water and then hit the pub and drown our sorrows.

Not so much, have a good time.

13 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

@Blackduck59

Lyle 

OPT will be transfomed into a child care centre, lol.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

OPT will be transfomed into a child care centre, lol.

How about a cruise junkie detox and counseling centre.

Hey Uncle Les how about we all padlock our lanyards on to the fence in protest.

You know, like that bridge in Paris.

Edited by Chiliburn

16 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I fear you may be correct  .. unless the government... sets a date to welcome cruise lines back

( mid 2022 for OS travel....   inferring 22/23 cruise season a may be...

but what about the Ruby,   and all the states working as one.... somehow I don't think so )

the cruise line might find it is too much bother to run cruises from Australia...

Station Pier will no longer need an upgrade.. and once the Spirit goes to Geelong, it can be turned into apartments  

Just now, getting older slowly said:

I fear you may be correct  .. unless the government... sets a date to welcome cruise lines back

( mid 2022 for OS travel....   inferring 22/23 cruise season a may be...

but what about the Ruby,   and all the states working as one.... somehow I don't think so )

the cruise line might find it is too much bother to run cruises from Australia...

Station Pier will no longer need an upgrade.. and once the Spirit goes to Geelong, it can be turned into apartments  

I think The Australian cruise market could change .
old flea bag ships that nobody wants.

5 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

How about a cruise junkie detox and counseling centre.

Hey Uncle Les how about we all padlock our lanyards on to the fence in protest.

You know, like that bridge in Paris.

And the SeaCliffe bridge down Stanwell Park way.

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

We have a bra tree here in the Hawkesbury, I haven’t see it but it’s supposed to be impressive 

I trust the said unmentionables are human free? lol.