Now for something completely different

8 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Reminds me of this😂:

The Bikini Tree

There was one on the south side (heading towards Singleton) of the New England highway near Branxton back in the 70s and early 80s. After the new freeway was built the tree was further away and  could no longer be seen. When the kids were little we would pass it on the way to Queensland for holidays. The kids were excited  to see what colour it would be for that year.

I've unsuccessfully  tried to find it a couple of times since but haven't given up.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 8:11 AM, Chiliburn said:

How about a cruise junkie detox and counseling centre.

Hey Uncle Les how about we all padlock our lanyards on to the fence in protest.

You know, like that bridge in Paris.

or that fence with all the bras in NZ 🙂

On 6/17/2021 at 1:40 PM, Chiliburn said:

We have a bra tree here in the Hawkesbury, I haven’t see it but it’s supposed to be impressive 

oh I didn't see that one before I has posted my reply. Haven't heard about it though

Bit the bullet today and spent some of my tripped up a deal credit from my cancelled  Georgia/Armenia/Azerbaijan tour that was supposed to have happened April last year.

Commencing 15/2/22 I'll will follow that with a 10 day self drive tour of NZ south island and fly home presuming there will be no return cruises happening.

https://www.tripadeal.com.au/deals/3799-7-day-rail-journeys-new-zealand?utm_source=TripADeal+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=29may2021

• Like 2

How weak and insensitive are the Queensland Govt not allowing the south african couple from USA the opportunity of visiting the father/father in law, dying in Brisbane. They got approval to fly into NSW now that tyrant of a  Qld Premier is barring them, even in a private plane and full PP gear.

outreagous.  

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 11:19 AM, lyndarra said:

Bit the bullet today and spent some of my tripped up a deal credit from my cancelled  Georgia/Armenia/Azerbaijan tour that was supposed to have happened April last year.

Commencing 15/2/22 I'll will follow that with a 10 day self drive tour of NZ south island and fly home presuming there will be no return cruises happening.

https://www.tripadeal.com.au/deals/3799-7-day-rail-journeys-new-zealand?utm_source=TripADeal+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=29may2021

So many nice places on the South Island and both times we visited in February the weather was really good.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GCHAN said:

So many nice places on the South Island and both times we visited in February the weather was really good.

Late February/early March is the best time to tour the South Island although being NZ you always have to be prepared for the odd cool and rainy day.

On 6/20/2021 at 1:19 PM, lyndarra said:

Sounds great. We had planned to do the TranzAlpine & Coast Pacific on our trip in Jan 2019. However the Coast Pacific was still closed at that time. With some input from Julie (OzKiwiJJ) & others we made it a driving trip - Christchurch, Mt Cook, Queenstown (3N), Franz Josef, Westport & Picton, then the ferry to Wellington & then Ruapehu (2N),  Waitomo & Auckland before cruising back to Sydney.

We thought we may go back again to do similar as what you have booked, but who's to know what the future will bring.

I'm sure you will enjoy.

• Like 1

We're having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave...

We have be flirting with 30 degrees for the last week and the forecast is for upwards of 37 on Sunday (which would be an all time high on record) and Summer just started 🤔.

I know we are wussies but it's not supposed to be this way in our island paradise, you know not too hot not too cold with our giant ocean energy store. We have all the windows covered, lights out, fans blowing. No I didn't think we would need A/C here (I was wrong), next house will definitely have a heat pump with A/C.

25 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We're having a heat wave...a tropical heat wave...

We have be flirting with 30 degrees for the last week and the forecast is for upwards of 37 on Sunday (which would be an all time high on record) and Summer just started 🤔.

I know we are wussies but it's not supposed to be this way in our island paradise, you know not too hot not too cold with our giant ocean energy store. We have all the windows covered, lights out, fans blowing. No I didn't think we would need A/C here (I was wrong), next house will definitely have a heat pump with A/C.

We are in winter Lyle and it was 25C the other day.

1 minute ago, Chiliburn said:

We are in winter Lyle and it was 25C the other day.

Like I said, here in my part of the Great White North we expect "moderate" weather. We expect maybe 30 degrees for a couple hours for a day or 2 at the height of summer and maybe -6 at the depth of winter. Hovering around 30 for more than a week and expected spikes to 37? No thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Like I said, here in my part of the Great White North we expect "moderate" weather. We expect maybe 30 degrees for a couple hours for a day or 2 at the height of summer and maybe -6 at the depth of winter. Hovering around 30 for more than a week and expected spikes to 37? No thanks. 

Look at it as getting you in training for when you do get to come down under.😋

15 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

See California had a heatwave in the mid to high 30s . I had to smile.

Where @mr walkerlives in Penrith,which isn’t far from me .

They had 48.9C awhile ago and in reality you can add a couple of degrees to that. I think it was the hottest in Australia at the time.

Now 50C is getting beyond a joke.   Air conditioning doesn’t work above 55C.

But enjoy the warm weather you are getting,better than the bloody cold you get.

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What plan are we up to ? It would be Plan `D’ or `C’. 

Plan C I think but now after Lyle retires so they can spend longer down here. The silver lining in the cloud.  😊