Princess new health guidelines..will X follow suit!

hcat

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I agree, it may be an old link that you are following.

Compare your screen capture with mine, and you'll see that where your III. exists there is a blank space before the paragraph that follows.

2030177791_ScreenShot2020-04-24at2_15_09PM.thumb.png.f683b1a31d9e563f12dd14c11c69d641.png

I do see the difference BUT for sake of losing my mind, I went to my desktop and did the following:

princess website

clicked the booked guests link

chose the advisories and cruise status link

went to the health and travel advisory link dates for 4/14

I got my same results showing item III 🤷🏽‍♀️

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories but maybe some 70+ cruiser with severe underlying chronic illnesses has hacked the Princess site and changed the guidelines...

😂😂😂 Im just wondering why we are seeing different things. Maybe that explains it 😂

7 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

I do see the difference BUT for sake of losing my mind, I went to my desktop and did the following:

princess website

clicked the booked guests link

chose the advisories and cruise status link

went to the health and travel advisory link dates for 4/14

I got my same results showing item III 🤷🏽‍♀️

Ah, now that might explain the difference if you are accessing the document through the booked guest link. Try this route:

• Princess.com (don't sign in)
  • View current Travel & Health Advisories (top left corner)
  • 04/14/2020 Travel & Health Advisory
  • Health Advisory (PDF)
Edited by Fouremco

7 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Ah, now that might explain the difference if you are accessing the document through the booked guest link. Try this route:

• Princess.com (don't sign in)
  • View current Travel & Health Advisories (top left corner)
  • 04/14/2020 Travel & Health Advisory
  • Health Advisory (PDF)

Ok - that’s what I did the very first time on my phone. Just followed it on my desktop and I got the same results. Are you also in Canada? 

I had my husband try and he too sees section 3

Just to inform: I don’t have a log in for Princess and I’ve never visited their site before this morning. 

Edited by tiggy85

9 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

Ok - that’s what I did the very first time on my phone. Just followed it on my desktop and I got the same results. Are you also in Canada? 

Just to inform: I don’t have a log in for Princess and I’ve never visited their site before this morning. 

I suppose it’s possible that access from non-US internet service providers is routed to a slightly different version of the document.  Hoorah for Canada (and UK too, I think)!

Severe underlying chronic conditions? On a few prior cruises, Dialysis at Sea, was aboard. How great that service is so that folks who require that treatment could cruise. Probably a thing of the past since failing kidneys are a severe underlying chronic condition.

Insulin-dependent Type 1 diabetics will likely also be precluded from cruising. If that's so, 2 of my college-age grandsons will never be able to share in an inter-generational family voyage. On the other hand we over 70 grandparentss might not get to go either🤔

22 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

Yes, I live in Canada, but I'm using a VPN that provides a US IP, so I'm accessing the US site. I still think it's an issue with cache or similar that needs refreshing. Or that 70+ hacker with underlying chronic illnesses! :classic_biggrin:

Phone a friend, get them to try and let us know!

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Yes, I live in Canada, but I'm using a VPN that provides a US IP, so I'm accessing the US site. I still think it's an issue with cache or similar that needs refreshing. Or that 70+ hacker with underlying chronic illnesses! :classic_biggrin:

Phone a friend, get them to try and let us know!

Now that you mention it...that gap after section 2 looks suspicious 😂

So I phoned a friend lol...I gave her your instructions and she also sees section III. We don’t have the same service provider and she’s about 80miles away from me. 

There is obviously 2 versions of that darn letter from Princess and hopefully Princess will be able to clarify things for those it affects (glad I’m not one of them). I do feel bad for the author of the article as I’m sure they saw the same thing I do and based their writings off of that. 

The biggest question I now have is which version is correct? 🤔🤔🤔

Just my 2 cents......

Pre-Covid19 cruise companies believed that their ships were safe for most people with pre-existing conditions.  Outbreaks of the common flu were certainly possible, but not of such concern that restricting those with asthma, diabetes, etc. were necessary.  Post Covid19 they no longer believe their ships are safe for these travelers.  This is a pretty telling admission.  Hopefully, with vaccinations & treatments the risk of Covid19 can be reduced to common flu level or better.  At that time cruise lines will likely relax their medical restrictions.  THAT will be the time I will resume cruising.  To do so before would be to willingly place yourself in an unsafe environment.  As long as the cruise lines themselves consider their ships to be an unsafe environment for those with many pre-existing conditions, I have no desire to try to skirt the rules or seek a doctor's note to allow me to enter an unsafe environment.  Remember, that doctor's note is really intended to protect the cruise line - not you. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

If you have a chronic, pre existing condition then why would you book knowing the policy?

because my COPD does not affect anyone else only me. that means i may catch something from another person but i am not a danger to anyone. if i am willing to accept those consequences, thats on me. why should anybody worry about that. I AM NOT THE PROBLEM. my wife has terminal cancer and can be denied cruising. i am pretty sure she is not going to give anyone else her cancer. but her wish is to cruise the world beforw she dies and they will take that away. maybe i should rethink where we spend all of our money. and if she catches something, she may die?? don't think she is really worried about that either

Edited by drewski1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, drewski1 said:

because my COPD does not affect anyone else only me. that means i may catch something from another person but i am not a danger to anyone. if i am willing to accept those consequences, thats on me. why should anybody worry about that. I AM NOT THE PROBLEM. my wife has terminal cancer and can be denied cruising. i am pretty sure she is not going to give anyone else her cancer. but her wish is to cruise the world beforw she dies and they will take that away. maybe i should rethink where we spend all of our money. and if she catches something, she may die?? don't think she is really worried about that either

The condition increases the chances that they'd have to deal with the fallout of your dying should you also catch COVID19.  Has zero to do with you passing on your condition to anyone else. They don't care if you want to risk it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drewski1 said:

Sorry to hear about your wife.

45 minutes ago, tiggy85 said:

Now that you mention it...that gap after section 2 looks suspicious 😂

So I phoned a friend lol...I gave her your instructions and she also sees section III. We don’t have the same service provider and she’s about 80miles away from me. 

There is obviously 2 versions of that darn letter from Princess and hopefully Princess will be able to clarify things for those it affects (glad I’m not one of them). I do feel bad for the author of the article as I’m sure they saw the same thing I do and based their writings off of that. 

The biggest question I now have is which version is correct? 🤔🤔🤔

I give up! At the risk of antagonizing the anti-Alice faction on this board, "Curiouser and curiouser!" :classic_biggrin:

12 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

The condition increases the chances that they'd have to deal with the fallout of your dying should you also catch COVID19.  Has zero to do with you passing on your condition to anyone else. They don't care if you want to risk it.

Totally agree. Even if he survives, he's tied up one of a very limited number of beds, medical equipment and supplies, and medical staff, potentially endangering the lives of others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Totally agree. Even if he survives, he's tied up one of a very limited number of beds, medical equipment and supplies, and medical staff, potentially endangering the lives of others.

puts me in a condition of having to lie. and if they catch me, what can possibly be my punishment, they'll be tied up in the courts and i'll be dead before that case comes before a judge. i'm 80 years old. they are an international co and basically don't want to get in that entanglement, just like having their ships registered in the U S, they don't want to pay minimum wages in this country or canadian wages or even healthcare to crew

32 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

i have a DNR, if i catch it my survival rate as calculated from symptom to death is about 4 days. i would take up more refrigerator space in the morgue than a medical bed. you shouldn't be afraid of me but the other undetectable person that comes on board and gives it to you, because you CAN'T catch him, he is absolutely silent in his transmission. been in healthcare all of my life, get real. if you are that scared, i suggest YOU stay home. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, drewski1 said:

i have a DNR, if i catch it my survival rate as calculated from symptom to death is about 4 days. i would take up more refrigerator space in the morgue than a medical bed. you shouldn't be afraid of me but the other undetectable person that comes on board and gives it to you, because you CAN'T catch him, he is absolutely silent in his transmission. been in healthcare all of my life, get real. if you are that scared, i suggest YOU stay home. 

I’m sorry to learn that you and your wife are having to cope with such serious health conditions. I am sorry, too, for the callous responses of others here. You don’t deserve that.

I’m hoping you two will be able to fulfill your wife’s dream of sailing again. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Babr said:

I’m sorry to learn that you and your wife are having to cope with such serious health conditions. I am sorry, too, for the callous responses of others here. You don’t deserve that.

I’m hoping you two will be able to fulfill your wife’s dream of sailing again. 

Amen, some people need to get a grip, lockdown or not.

With underlying serious conditions you are much more likely to catch any virus or bacteria on the ship.   You will tie up their very limited medical resources and you might cause re-routing of the ship for a medical evacuation.   These evacuations already occur  too frequently and cause monetary losses to the cruise lines.

On our last cruise, two Zenith members, proudly stated they had been evacuated four times before.   They even told us that their Dr. stated they should not be cruising but they chose to ignore his advice.   Both were severely overweight and one had a walker with a seat and she always had 3 or 4 drinks balanced on it.   Really don’t know why they are still allowed to sail.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, llawrence said:

So true.....but I was told by Celebrity resolutions department, yesterday, that the over 70 fit to cruise note will be in place at least through the end of the year...we have a Nov 2020 cruise booked....so we are concerned....

But is a Resolutions Department the final word???

3 minutes ago, llawrence said:

As finial as the average passenger can get ,I assume.  It’s a step up from the cruise team.. I have not had any luck getting any higher.

Finial...... I learned a new word today but I guess it was a typo!