Cash refund

antsp

Sorry to start a new thread on refunds. Has anyone who has had a cruise cancelled during the original 60 day pause had there money back, not fcc. Please only respond if you have had credit back to your credit card. I did try to read the other thread but it’s 56 pages. 
thanks 

• Haha 1

I have been reading it but not all posts.  From what I have read, most have not.  If anyone has it has been in the single digits and probably you could count it on one hand 😞

UK poster......I cancelled our May 15th (paid in full) cruise on March 12th, the day they suspended for 60 days,AND rebooked for 2021 during the same phone call. Since we had paid the deposit on the original cruise with a FCD, we transferred that to the new one. The majority of our money was then refunded to our credit card except the cancellation fee part,which we were assured would be also refunded in FCC, still waiting for that part to show up yet.The refund appeared on my card in about 5 days.

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

I have been reading it but not all posts.  From what I have read, most have not.  If anyone has it has been in the single digits and probably you could count it on one hand 😞

This is appears to be a current fact.....hard to find anyone who received a refund of their cruise fare when Princess canceled  cruises on March 12, 2020 and asked passengers to chose between Option #1 and Option #2.  Option #2 was where Princess offered a FCC and 100% refund.  

They have not appeared to kept their word on Option #2 which in a way seems to have a lot of passengers upset and not taking Princess' word at face value anymore.  They appear to have burned a lot of bridges at this time and it will probably only get worse if they file bankruptcy and leave everyone high and dry.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

UK poster......I cancelled our May 15th (paid in full) cruise on March 12th, the day they suspended for 60 days,AND rebooked for 2021 during the same phone call. Since we had paid the deposit on the original cruise with a FCD, we transferred that to the new one. The majority of our money was then refunded to our credit card except the cancellation fee part,which we were assured would be also refunded in FCC, still waiting for that part to show up yet.The refund appeared on my card in about 5 days.

Wow you were lucky. The original voluntary shut down by Princess did not generate options to get a refund here in the states for any cruise date beyond May 10th. Our cruise was May 16th and we had to wait for the CDC / WHO ban on cruises through July 1 st before we were offered money refunds! We have been told 60 days but I suspect it will more like 90 days before we see anything!

52 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Wow you were lucky. The original voluntary shut down by Princess did not generate options to get a refund here in the states for any cruise date beyond May 10th. Our cruise was May 16th and we had to wait for the CDC / WHO ban on cruises through July 1 st before we were offered money refunds! We have been told 60 days but I suspect it will more like 90 days before we see anything!

I cancelled the 15th May cruise because the 1st pause finished on May 10th ( IIRC,) and we would leave home on the 12th......too close a time frame for me.  However when I did cancel ,I wasn't even offered option 1 or 2 !  

2 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I cancelled the 15th May cruise because the 1st pause finished on May 10th ( IIRC,) and we would leave home on the 12th......too close a time frame for me.  However when I did cancel ,I wasn't even offered option 1 or 2 !  

We would have flown to Seattle on the 15th May and overnighted in a motel then boarded May 16th. Many cancelled before Princess did and lost the chance to get a refund. We waited them out as we did not want FCC. Too risky with an uncertain and most likely more expensive cruising future!

1 hour ago, gmjc2 said:

Waitwaitwait-- "Alternatively, all guests can forfeit these bonus FCC offers and request a refund for all money paid on your booking by using this online form."

So people cancelling now don't even get the extra 25% (or whatever it was) that earlier cancellations got from Option 2? Geez.

I cancelled our June cruise back in early March when I saw the writing on the wall. It was way before they announced that June cruises were officially cancelled. I got all of my money refunded to my credit card the following week. At the time I thought I was being paranoid but wanted my money back (over 9K). Glad I did because now I would be waiting a lot longer for the refund. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cuedon said:

Waitwaitwait-- "Alternatively, all guests can forfeit these bonus FCC offers and request a refund for all money paid on your booking by using this online form."

So people cancelling now don't even get the extra 25% (or whatever it was) that earlier cancellations got from Option 2? Geez.

Though they had plenty of notice that their cruise was in jeopardy and most had not made final payment.

1 hour ago, rocklinmom said:

I cancelled our June cruise back in early March when I saw the writing on the wall. It was way before they announced that June cruises were officially cancelled. I got all of my money refunded to my credit card the following week. At the time I thought I was being paranoid but wanted my money back (over 9K). Glad I did because now I would be waiting a lot longer for the refund. 

I cancelled in early March (March 6th) and have not received a cent.

Princess cancelled our cruise while we were on board the Emerald ending on March 15th and the two remaining B2B cruises (Panama Canal westbound and LA round trip to Hawaii).  We selected the cash refund as well as completed the forms Princess provided for our expenses to get home from Fort Lauderdale.  We completed all the Princess required paperwork for the cancelled cruises and as of today, we have not received anything--Zero...We are beginning to feel like we are the piggy bank for Princess.

On 5/5/2020 at 3:12 PM, dog said:

Yes, I received money to my credit card. Why?

There is no consistency in how and when this is happening.

Full refund of cruise fare or money for excursions, items pre-purchased for cruise, etc or what?

We received the latter but not cruise fare refund which is significant money.  

3 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Smart move.....I was thinking of doing the same thing but waited a day too late to pull the trigger and they pulled it for me on March 12th..

4 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

Well, thanks for posting! Happy for you!

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 5:56 PM, ohnonotmeagain said:

Thanks for posting! Happy for you!

6 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

People on my roll call thought I was crazy for cancelling. I wish I had pulled the trigger earlier.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

We have not even received our port fees.shore excursions or EZair yet!

May 16th cruise cancelled by Princess on April 14th.

Nor have I and I cancelled March 6th for April 19th cruise. I think you have a while to wait.

I have shore excursions but I cancelled those on my own even earlier than the cruise.

Edited by Coral

rocklinmom -- I did the same thing and my TA cancelled on March 9th.  I received what was suppose to be a total cash refund which was credited to my credit card on March 11th.  The problem is that the person that processed my refund didn't know how to read a booking notice and withheld $534.56 in cancellation fees.   I called and talked with a customer service rep and after an hour on the phone everyone agreed that a mistake was made by them and that I would get the rest of my refund in 7 - 10 days.  It is now May 8th and I have yet to see the refund.  I have sent many emails and have finally talked with Jan Swartz's office and they promised me I would see the refund by May 12th (60 days from the the time the error was found and processed (March 13th).  We will see.

• Like 2