Switched Cruise to next year under new CWC! Anyone else?

Got right through to an agent (no wait) and successfully switched my $250 NRD Baltimore to Bermuda 5 night cruise from Grandeur Sep 26, 2020 to Enchantment (Grandeur retiring) Sep 18, 2021 for the same price. It took *45 minutes* for the 'other department' to work through all the paperwork but as my agent told me this is brand new for them. She checked in a few times to let me know they were still working on it. I kept my corner deck 7 aft JS - went from Grandeur 7650 to Enchantment 7666. I had a fantastic price of $1363.87 and it actually reduced to $1288.47 as the taxes/fees/port expenses cheaper!

I have a small $265.50 FCC in the works that should be here any day now (verbal estimate was 30 days from 4/8) that I'll be able to apply to the $1038.47 balance. Have my vacation receipt pdf. The current MD resident discount price for the cruise is $2520.38.

I really don't think Grandeur will be sailing this September and even if it was my husband - this is a solo cruise - wouldn't have wanted me back in the house without a 2 week quarantine somewhere else even if I had decided I felt safe enough to go... which is also doubtful.

Happy that I can look forward to this other cruise in another year. Sad I won't be experiencing Grandeur as I had hoped.

Edited by twins_to_alaska
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I’m contemplating it for our November TA but no commitment yet

I'm contemplating it for our January 2021 Carib. Don't want to have to wear a mask on a cruise. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever

We are trying to have our TA move our Oct. 11th Freedom to 2021 November Freedom with the same itinerary. The problem is that it needs  to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. There is only one sailing that month that meets that criteria. I'm hopeful we can get it with the same or similar jr. suite.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are trying to have our TA move our Oct. 11th Freedom to 2021 November Freedom with the same itinerary. The problem is that it needs  to be dated within 4 weeks (before or after) of the original sail date, but for the following year. There is only one sailing that month that meets that criteria. I'm hopeful we can get it with the same or similar jr. suite.

The itinerary does not have to be identical

15 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

I've canceled my Alaska booking for August 2020 and made a new one for 2021. It's not a "Lift & Shift," because the equivalent booking wasn't available. In fact, it's not even the same itinerary.

Itinerary does not have to be identical.  as long as it is Alaska

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes that may be our second option if we can't get the one sailing in November that is exact. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Ours was a southern Caribbean itinerary which there is only 1 left within our window out of San Juan. Could we do a eastern or western Caribbean itinerary out of Miami with different islands on a different ship but same length of cruise?

Edited by Sea Dog

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Ours was a southern Caribbean itinerary which there is only 1 left within our window. Could we do a eastern or western Caribbean itinerary with different islands on a different ship but same length of cruise?

I read it as Caribbean.  I think they are in for a lot of PO'd people if they start to  differentiate between West, East and South

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked Freedom out of San Juan and there is no sailings in Sept. or Oct. in 2021. Not sure where she will be but that is why we booked Freedom for this October as I had not been on that ship and have heard great things about her.

I have 

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read it as Caribbean.  I think they are in for a lot of PO'd people if they start to  differentiate between West, East and South

I'm in same boat - curious to know if someone finds out before I can get my TA assistance. We're on Sep 2020 Freedom to Southern Caribbean, but there are no 7 night Southern Caribbean cruises in Sept 2021, so I'd have to pick an East or West.

• Like 1

I've canceled my Alaska booking for August 2020 and made a new one for 2021. It's not a "Lift & Shift," because the equivalent booking wasn't available. In fact, it's not even the same itinerary.

Which cruise did you book for next year? We are suppose to be on Serenade this August . Had already booked for August 8, 2021 just in case it’s cancelled. Now found I have to have surgery and will see if Royal cancels. If not I will cancel under the Cruise with Confidence program. I fell very fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

13 minutes ago, robmtx said:

I'm in same boat - curious to know if someone finds out before I can get my TA assistance. We're on Sep 2020 Freedom to Southern Caribbean, but there are no 7 night Southern Caribbean cruises in Sept 2021, so I'd have to pick an East or West.

We are in the same situation as out window is September 11- November 11 and Freedom is based out Cape Liberty not San Juan. We have only one date in November to work with. Hoping Royal can be flexible or move our itinerary to East or West out of Miami on Symphony.

2 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Got right through to an agent (no wait) and successfully switched my $250 NRD Baltimore to Bermuda 5 night cruise from Grandeur Sep 26, 2020 to Enchantment (Grandeur retiring) Sep 18, 2021 for the same price. It took *45 minutes* for the 'other department' to work through all the paperwork but as my agent told me this is brand new for them. She checked in a few times to let me know they were still working on it. I kept my corner deck 7 aft JS - went from Grandeur 7650 to Enchantment 7666. I had a fantastic price of $1363.87 and it actually reduced to $1288.47 as the taxes/fees/port expenses cheaper!

I have a small $265.50 FCC in the works that should be here any day now (verbal estimate was 30 days from 4/8) that I'll be able to apply to the $1038.47 balance. Have my vacation receipt pdf. The current MD resident discount price for the cruise is $2520.38.

I really don't think Grandeur will be sailing this September and even if it was my husband - this is a solo cruise - wouldn't have wanted me back in the house without a 2 week quarantine somewhere else even if I had decided I felt safe enough to go... which is also doubtful.

Happy that I can look forward to this other cruise in another year. Sad I won't be experiencing Grandeur as I had hoped.

Is your final payment date now extended to May or June 2021?

Looks like Lift & Shift won't work for any of our three 2020 cruises.

August cruise is on Harmony in 4-Bdr Villa Suite. That cabin is only available on Harmony & Symphony. Since Harmony is in Europe next August, only option would be Symphony. That cabin is not available on any sailing within a 4 week period of 8/16.

September cruise is in a CLS on Oasis. The rate is ineligible for Lift & Shift. Too bad, it was a Friends & Family rate that was very widely available for almost every Oasis 2020 sailing from May - October. Would have loved to move it to September 2021.

November cruise is the Allure TA. We are already booked on the Harmony TA for 2021 in a similar cabin for $1100 less than Allure.

Oh well, I was excited for about 45 minutes. Now its back to the "do I make the final payment dilemma" .

mac_tlc

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Is your final payment date now extended to May or June 2021?

Yes,  20 June 2021. I didn't pay any more money. They just transferred over my already paid $250 NRD. Same booking number. And I verified old cruise gone from cruise planner and next year now there.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

I successfully 'lifted and shifted' my Oct 2020 five-night cruise from NJ to Bermuda on Adventure to October 2021. Same itinerary, but Freedom is doing that run next year which is fine by me. I still kept my deck 11 JS off of the solarium and my OBC moved to the new cruise.  Yeah, it took 90 minutes because the wait for the supervisor to finalize it all took a while, but time well spent in my book.  I'm sure they are being slammed with these calls now.  Thanks again to @Ourusualbeach for giving us the heads up on this!  Bonus that the last night of the new cruise will be a 'milestone' birthday for me.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I did something similar this morning.  I wanted a refundable deposit on the new cruise, and couldn't go from NRD to RD, so I cancelled and booked the new one, plus I'll get a $500 FCC on the old one, and I didn't have to pay the $200 cancellation fee.

9 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Looks like Lift & Shift won't work for any of our three 2020 cruises.

August cruise is on Harmony in 4-Bdr Villa Suite. That cabin is only available on Harmony & Symphony. Since Harmony is in Europe next August, only option would be Symphony. That cabin is not available on any sailing within a 4 week period of 8/16.

September cruise is in a CLS on Oasis. The rate is ineligible for Lift & Shift. Too bad, it was a Friends & Family rate that was very widely available for almost every Oasis 2020 sailing from May - October. Would have loved to move it to September 2021.

November cruise is the Allure TA. We are already booked on the Harmony TA for 2021 in a similar cabin for $1100 less than Allure.

Oh well, I was excited for about 45 minutes. Now its back to the "do I make the final payment dilemma" .

mac_tlc

Those F&F rates were great.  I picked up a TA rate on the OA sailing this Christmas...those are great rates. Surprised that it was and still is offered

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those F&F rates were great.  I picked up a TA rate on the OA sailing this Christmas...those are great rates. Surprised that it was and still is offered

To bad they are ineligible. The same cruise next September is about 70% higher.

mac_tlc

• Like 1