Wearing a mask

Bawbob

We have 2 masks each   once back in the car we take them off  when we get home  they go directly into the sink & washed & rinsed with hot soapy water

If DH has to go out again that day he will use the other mask & same  goes for washing on return home

I would not even think of wearing several days before washing 😲

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Because Kansas City put in a mask mandate for the next 2 weeks, I reluctantly made 2 last weekend, one for myself and my DH. I have worn it on and off all week. I have not washed it yet. I keep it in my purse, pull it out when I have to wear one, take it off as soon as I can and stuff it back in my purse. I have only had it on a total time of maybe 1 hour for the whole past week. 

You are my hero (sarcasm emoji).

I can't believe the enormous sacrifice you are making for America - keep up your patriotic duty no matter how difficult it may be.. (another sarcasm emoji)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

@Petoonya  Yes, that was me with the "Yuck" word.  I have actually purchased my masks and additional ones for all of my family members. The sources I have used for my masks donate additional masks to those who need one and cannot afford them with each purchase. Do not criticize if you do not know what others do. Tacky.

Also, most people who wash their face and brush their teeth everyday can surely wash the mask. Majority of them own a cell phone 😉 and much more expensive than a bar of soap.

A dirty mask helps nobody. "Yuck from CO"

Very well said.  Agree 100%

8 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Cathy,

I'm baffled. The article said nothing about leaving your mask in your car for two or three days and expect it not to be infectious.....the Johns Hopkins article says it's ok to keep your mask in your car and not to forget to bring it inside to be cleaned. I might be wrong but I found nowhere in the article did it say what you claim.

"Keep your mask on until you have finished your trip, errand or work shift. You can remove it outside, once you are away from others, or in your car on your way home. Don’t forget to bring your mask inside to be cleaned. If you wait to take your mask off until you have returned home, it may be easier to put it directly into the laundry."

The virus doesn't live forever on surfaces.

PS; Catherine or Cath

2 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

We booked a November cruise hoping the ships will be allowed to do the Caribbean from Miami. At the way our numbers in Florida are going, I don't think they'd let us on even if we wore Hazmat suits.

We booked a November cruise hoping the ships will be allowed to do the Caribbean from Miami. At the way our numbers in Florida are going, I don't think they'd let us on even if we wore Hazmat suits.

Probably right

It might have washed through FL by then. 

At the rate they are going, Floridians may have developed herd immunity by November!

Is that their goal? I think many of the younger ones feel the best course for them is to get it; get over it; develop the antigens; and stop worrying about it. Let the aged stay hunkered down indefinitely until a vaccine or cure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

At the rate they are going, Floridians may have developed herd immunity by November!

Is that their goal? I think many of the younger ones feel the best course for them is to get it; get over it; develop the antigens; and stop worrying about it. Let the aged stay hunkered down indefinitely until a vaccine or cure. 

So none of these "younger ones" have parents or grandparents - they are all orphans? Or even older co-workers (assuming that they are working and not just surfing and drinking).

Or do they just care about themselves (most likely).

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Is that their goal? I think many of the younger ones feel the best course for them is to get it; get over it; develop the antigens; and stop worrying about it.

The ones I see interviewed on the news are basically saying "I'm young and healthy" and then they shrug. They may know that they could be asymptomatic carriers but they won't admit it cause then they'd be forced to look at who they really are. Not a pretty sight.

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Yes, that is their goal. College kids are having Covid parties to purposely expose each other to the Wuhan virus, see if they get sick or not, and then get tested for antibodies. I have thought about doing that myself. Either get it or not and be done with it and get on with my life. If an "antibody passport" became something that would allow people to travel again I would definitely go for it. I am also looking for a vaccine study in my area to volunteer for, there are 2 that are being conducted here in Kansas City.

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Yes, that is their goal. College kids are having Covid parties to purposely expose each other to the Wuhan virus, see if they get sick or not, and then get tested for antibodies. I have thought about doing that myself. Either get it or not and be done with it and get on with my life. If an "antibody passport" became something that would allow people to travel again I would definitely go for it. I am also looking for a vaccine study in my area to volunteer for, there are 2 that are being conducted here in Kansas City.

She-gawd in non-heaven!!!!!!!!!! Well, let's see now. Just a few scenarios. a) You're an asymptomatic carrier and go your merry way infecting the innocent. b) You get sick. Really sick. In the ICU on a ventilator. Taking a bed away from some innocent person who has 'underlying medical conditions.' c) You get it and recover. But down the road you become disabled and need an organ transplant. All so you could "travel again."  Okey dokey.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

People have tested positive for the COVID -19 antibody and when retested, were negative. Don't be looking for any "passport" anytime soon.

Way too many questions and not many answers. Except "wear the damn mask."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Like a miracle? 😀

I don't believe in miracles. (Sorry, Al Michaels.)

I do believe in xponential growth. Florida 20-odd million people.

200K confirmed cases so far, roughly 10K/day at present, rising.

If that's catching 10% of actual cases(former FDA Commish Scott Gottlieb thinks 10% might be close)  there are 2MM cases so far and 100K/day-and-rising.

A couple months will wash that through 22MM people.

• Like 2

Florida's 'over 65' population is over 20%. Assuming they all get it, and 1/2 of that number don't make it (along with a bunch of younger people with 'conditions'... that's at least 2 millions dead in Florida alone... quite a wash.

• 7 months later...

This is 2021 spring.  We're looking at an oceania  cruise this (next?) year.

We never wear masks in our town (except at walmart).  We are free ! and smart! and Immunized!

Never would cruise on a mask mandated ship.

Is Oceania mask free now ?

1 minute ago, Eclex said:

This is 2021 spring.  We're looking at an oceania  cruise this (next?) year.

We never wear masks in our town (except at walmart).  We are free ! and smart! and Immunized!

Never would cruise on a mask mandated ship.

Is Oceania mask free now ?

YES

no one is sailing  on the ships 😷

• Like 2
  • Haha 1