Keeping meds cold without a fridge

On Royal Caribbean inside room and have been told there isn’t a fridge in room . Have always had a balcony or above but wanted to try something different and cheaper . So question is how to keep meds cold ? Ice bucket ? 
thanks for the help 

13 hours ago, spookwife said:

You can email special needs and request a medical fridge.  It will most likely be the tiny kind only good for a few syringes.  

On the Serenade I was given a small fridge box upon request.  It probably could have held between 4-6 cans of soda.  It gets very cold.

1 hour ago, Badatz2 said:

On the Serenade I was given a small fridge box upon request.  It probably could have held between 4-6 cans of soda.  It gets very cold.

We were on the Allure and that is my experience as well.

16 hours ago, Cenotediver said:

On Royal Caribbean inside room and have been told there isn’t a fridge in room . Have always had a balcony or above but wanted to try something different and cheaper . So question is how to keep meds cold ? Ice bucket ? 
thanks for the help 

As others have said, you request a medical refrigerator well ahead of your cruise at special_needs@rccl.com

I think that there's a form somewhere on line, too, but you can just write to that address.

They will stick it under the desk/vanity.  There's not much extra space in an interior cabin on the Grandeur.

• Like 1

Don't panic if the fridge is not in your cabin when you arrive.  Even with an email to Special Needs, the information doesn't always get through to the ships.  Your cabin steward will make it right asap.

When emailing Special Needs be sure to include all your information - name, reservation #, ship, sail date, cabin # as well as your needs (fridge, distilled water, extension cords, shower stool, etc).

Have a great trip!

On 5/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, Cenotediver said:

thanks for the help 

There is a fridge in every room.  It just doesn’t get extremely cold but it’s fine for my husbands insulin.

15 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

If you check on the  Royal site, it states that there is.  If you were in a room without one, I would check with Guest Services.

There is not a fridge in every room.   Interior and OV  cabins on some old ships don’t have them. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

6 hours ago, sellwingri said:

If you check on the  Royal site, it states that there is.  If you were in a room without one, I would check with Guest Services.

There are many things that Royal's site states that are inaccurate.  See post #11.

8 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Of ships currently in the fleet:

Majesty, Grandeur, Rhapsody, Vision, Enchantment - no refrigerator/cooler in standard interior or oceanview cabins.

(They did put one in the "new" panoramic oceanview staterooms midship on Decks 7 & 8 on the Vision class ships)

7 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

I pack a small collapsible beverage bag and some ziplock baggies . Just request ice daily. and fill the ziplock bag everyday. 

We do something similar. We had a situation in a hotel once where the mini-fridge froze and ruined medication so we don't trust them anymore. We got a 26 or 32oz Yeti with screw lid and a NefCase waterproof medication tub on Amazon (it's made for epi-pens but can be used for anything). Every night when we travel we just dump out the ice and refill it. Works perfectly and we've left the same batch of ice in for 3 days before, no issues. The Yeti keeps the medication at perfect temperatures. Taken it on planes, cruises, etc.

Edited by jrapps
spelling