Crew being transferred in Coco Cay pictures

Here are some photos of the crew being transferred from ship to ship in Coco Cay. Navigator just dropped off Filipino crew members on the dock and waiting for Liberty to pick them up. The Vision is ported and will pick up the crew members from St Vincent and St Lucia. What a sight to see. Hope everyone can get home soon and safe.

Screenshot_20200514-155314_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200514-155303_Gallery.jpg

Edited by tx121
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, suesnake2002 said:

Yeah but what about the poor Romanians. 

We had a female Romanian bartender on i think rhapsody. She was so funny, with a dry wit. And made the best old fashion. 

It was planned that Navigator would collect the Romanian and Ukraine crew from all ships and that they should have charter flights from Miami on the 16th of May. I am not sure if the exact schedule has held. 

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

How are they ever going to get them all back in time to re-open in June?

A full fleet of crew who are currently on vacation are ready to return to work.

Cheers!

5 hours ago, orville99 said:

Most ships won't operate initially and stay in cold/warm lay up. And the ships that are running won't be allowed to operate at full capacity. Few ships. Less passengers. And even fewer crew to serve them. Fewer stewards, even fewer cooks and servers if they close the windjammer (everyone forced to eat in the MDR 3 meals a day), fewer cruise staff with fewer activities, social distancing in bars means fewer servers and fewer bar tenders, less laundry means fewer laundrymen, on and on. You're down toe the captain, one cook, and a bartender/waiter. 

25 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Most ships won't operate initially and stay in cold/warm lay up. And the ships that are running won't be allowed to operate at full capacity. Few ships. Less passengers. And even fewer crew to serve them. Fewer stewards, even fewer cooks and servers if they close the windjammer (everyone forced to eat in the MDR 3 meals a day), fewer cruise staff with fewer activities, social distancing in bars means fewer servers and fewer bar tenders, less laundry means fewer laundrymen, on and on. You're down toe the captain, one cook, and a bartender/waiter. 

Don't forgot the cleaning crew.......

4 hours ago, Slainte! said:

A full fleet of crew who are currently on vacation are ready to return to work.

Cheers!

That would make sense if the airlines were actually flying from their countries. Not all that likely right now.

10 hours ago, orville99 said:

They're not. :classic_wink: They probably won't even all be home by June. 

Thanks for sharing the photos @tx121

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:51 PM, Snit13 said:

Almost as said as sitting here "home alone."

It is.  I feel so sad for them and all the disaster they have to go through trying to get home.  Although we're stuck at home alone too, at least we didn't have to travel there to enjoy our own company ALONE.  ugh.  I can only pray this will pass very soon. :classic_sad:  I really miss my cruising friends. 

There's a Facebook page @Seaman's Adventure that has loads of videos from Royal's ships.  The have the one where Harmony dropped off crew to Anthem and the sail away was very boisterous.  They have Quantum repatriate them via life boats.