C&A points for single passenger.

We are paying for me, DH and our 3 over 18 DC's to go on one last family cruise.

We are booked in 3 balcony cabins all the same category. 

Me and DH in one.

2 DC in one

1 DC in one 

I just realised you can get double points for a single person. Should I have booked myself or my DH as the single to get the points?   

Will RC change names around for me?  Or is it cheating?

Yes you get double pts unless you book solo cabins as I found out. I assume you are paying 200% for one DC, is that a dear child? If you are paying 200% then yes that person gets double pts.

I heard you can change name around without a fee.

2 hours ago, livylotte said:

We are paying for me, DH and our 3 over 18 DC's to go on one last family cruise.

We are booked in 3 balcony cabins all the same category. 

Me and DH in one.

2 DC in one

1 DC in one 

I just realised you can get double points for a single person. Should I have booked myself or my DH as the single to get the points?   

Will RC change names around for me?  Or is it cheating?

Call.  In many cases even double name changes are being allowed due to the current situation. 

Thank you all.

I've just done it.  I got a nice man on the phone and he said I would normally be charged a fee but because it was my first time it was free.

I'm now all on my own with my own bathroom, huge bed all to myself, own balcony and my own 2 bottles of wine 😁

Lets just hope the ship sails 🤪

• Haha 1

Just to be accurate, you do not get "double" points.

You get an EXTRA point per night.

1 point per day for cruising.

1 point per day for solo in a cabin for two.

1 point per day for a suite.

So a solo in a suite, you would you get 3 points per night.  If solo and suite were "double" points, you would get 4.  1 for cruising, doubled to 2 for solo, doubled to 4 for a suite.

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

Thank you all.

I've just done it.  I got a nice man on the phone and he said I would normally be charged a fee but because it was my first time it was free.

I'm now all on my own with my own bathroom, huge bed all to myself, own balcony and my own 2 bottles of wine 😁

Once on the ship, you can change passengers around  to any of your cabins.   

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Once on the ship, you can change passengers around  to any of your cabins.   

That doesn't address the point situation. She can't just kick her husband out then at the end of the cruise call C&A and ask for the extra points.

3 hours ago, livylotte said:

Thank you all.

And DH gets his 2 bottles of wine in his cabin... in addition to the 2 bottles you bring on per cabin.... 

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Just to be accurate, you do not get "double" points.

You get an EXTRA point per night.

1 point per day for cruising.

1 point per day for solo in a cabin for two.

1 point per day for a suite.

So a solo in a suite, you would you get 3 points per night.  If solo and suite were "double" points, you would get 4.  1 for cruising, doubled to 2 for solo, doubled to 4 for a suite.

If you do a royal up from a balcony to a suite do you still get the extra pt per day?

I was told if you do royal up from solo cabin to regular cabin, no double pts, they go by what you originally booked. Just curious as a solo cruiser.

35 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you do a royal up from a balcony to a suite do you still get the extra pt per day?

I was told if you do royal up from solo cabin to regular cabin, no double pts, they go by what you originally booked. Just curious as a solo cruiser.

No.  You get the points awarded for your original cabin choice not the upgrade

• 1 month later...

Soooo... i have an all girls cruise coming and am going into a single room.  So I will acrue the points.  My hubby feeling left out is going to do a guys cruise later in the year. He will be going as a single also.  He gets his points.  So my question is: Our total points right now is 354. I usually do the bookings under my C&A number. When he books his cruise what happens to his points.?  Are they added to the "our" account or does he start from scratch and get the points just under his C&A number.??

35 minutes ago, siren said:

Soooo... i have an all girls cruise coming and am going into a single room.  So I will acrue the points.  My hubby feeling left out is going to do a guys cruise later in the year. He will be going as a single also.  He gets his points.  So my question is: Our total points right now is 354. I usually do the bookings under my C&A number. When he books his cruise what happens to his points.?  Are they added to the "our" account or does he start from scratch and get the points just under his C&A number.??

You each have your own point totals and it just shows both of you at the highest total.

assuming you both have 354 now.

you go on your girls cruise and get 14 points.  You will have 368 points and hubby will still have 354 even though he will show The same points as you at 368.

when he cruises he will get 14 points (assuming he travels solo) which will bring him from 354 to 368 and you will both be equal again.  If he only gets 7 points then he will have 361 points.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

13 hours ago, siren said:

There is no OUR account.

You have an account and he has an account.  Even though you booked the rooms, you get your points for cruising and he gets his points for cruising.

If your accounts are linked, then each account shows the highest level of points for either person.

This is assuming you actually created an account for him and linked them, and put his C&A number on reservations.

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You each have your own point totals and it just shows both of you at the highest total.

assuming you both have 354 now.

you go on your girls cruise and get 14 points.  You will have 368 points and hubby will still have 354 even though he will show The same points as you at 368.

when he cruises he will get 14 points (assuming he travels solo) which will bring him from 354 to 368 and you will both be equal again.  If he only gets 7 points then he will have 361 points.

I think I got it!!  so if i go single first and end up with 368 points.  I book a cruise for both of us and under me primary it will be 368.  If he books under his C&A then it will show him still at 354....so who ever has the most points wins!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, siren said:

I think I got it!!  so if i go single first and end up with 368 points.  I book a cruise for both of us and under me primary it will be 368.  If he books under his C&A then it will show him still at 354....so who ever has the most points wins!!!

When declared in a relationship both accounts appear to have the same point count based on who has the highest points.  You won't see the points total of the lower point holder when logged into their account.  You can go into "past cruises" and add them up yourself for that person but their account will show the amount of the highest person in the relationship.

Who is primary on a reservation isn't relevant.  Who has the higher point count is.

If you went binge sailing and made it to Pinnacle and they never cruised that entire time their account would show 700+ points just like yours and they would be Pinnacle just like you.  If they then went on a cruise by themselves they would be Pinnacle on that cruise by themself even though their actual points are 354.   

On 7/11/2020 at 12:27 PM, siren said:

No, you still don't get it.

If your accounts are linked, both accounts show the points of the highest person.  You do not see the points of the lower person.

There is not such thing as Primary or Not.  You are either at a level or not.  Each person will have their level on the SeaPass card.  If your accounts are linked, you will both be the same level.

If you had 365 points and you married someone with NO POINTS, once you link the accounts, they would show 365 points, and they would show as Diamond Plus.

If they cruise alone, there personal account would have more points, but it would not affect you total, as theirs is much lower.  But if you sail alone, both peoples' points totals would go up.