NCL offering to change cruises up to 30th November

I've just had an email from my travel agent attaching a letter from NCL saying that they are now offering to let you change your cruise if you are due to travel before 30th November. 

I was so hoping that my Trans Atlantic on the 23rd November would go ahead.  Now I'm not so sure!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I've just had an email from my travel agent attaching a letter from NCL saying that they are now offering to let you change your cruise if you are due to travel before 30th November. 

I was so hoping that my Trans Atlantic on the 23rd November would go ahead.  Now I'm not so sure!

I doubt any cruises that leave one location and end at another will happen in 2020.

Look for things to stay regional for the rest of the year.

• Like 2

Major international airlines/carriers are forecasting "essential travel" for the near future.  I would not count on any sort of T/A.  Speculatings that some limited short cruises might start up "later" within Europe and/or Asia first, but I would not bet on crossing the Atlantic in either directions this Fall - especially if the seasonal influenza and Covid-19 "conspired" to wreck more human tolls.

Cruising - especially nowadays - is a first world problem, IMHO.  Why not plan a land-based vacation instead. Besides, it is going to be very difficult to get a trip/travel & medical insurance ... consult your trusty advisor about available coverage. 

• Like 1

OP, was that the 'Peace of Mind' letter?  We received one for our late October cruise.  It was just an extension of NCL's Peace of Mind policy that they had  offered for earlier cruises.    IIt allows you to cancel up to 48 hours before the cruise date and receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amount.   I've copied this excerpt from our letter below:

Additionally, I want to provide our guests and travel partners with reassurance, so I am very pleased to extend our Peace of Mind policy. Booking with confidence is now more important than ever, so for any existing or new reservation made by July 31, 2020 for any voyage through November 30, 2020, guests are free to cancel anytime up to 48 hours in advance of embarkation. Please note that this policy applies to individual and group bookings only. Anyone choosing to cancel via our Peace of Mind policy will receive a full refund in the form of a future cruise credit to be used for sailings that embark through December 31, 2022. If you are opting to cancel your future reservation and not taking advantage of our Peace of Mind policy, you must do so by contacting us via phone. Please note that standard cancellation policies will apply to cancellations made outside of our Peace of Mind policy.

• Thanks 1

Also, if you go to book a cruise now (on the US website, perhaps on others?)  this is on their website:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence

Enjoy our Flexible Cancellation Policy

• For all cruises through and including November 30, cancel up to 48 hours prior to your vacation start date and receive a Future Cruise Credit for sailings through December 2022.

• For all cruises December 1 and beyond, you can cancel for a full refund up to 120 days before your cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

OP, was that the 'Peace of Mind' letter?  We received one for our late October cruise.  It was just an extension of NCL's Peace of Mind policy that they had  offered for earlier cruises.    IIt allows you to cancel up to 48 hours before the cruise date and receive a Future Cruise Credit for the amount.   I've copied this excerpt from our letter below:

Yes, it's that letter. 

9 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

Yes, it's that letter. 

I was glad to see they had extended this Peace of Mind policy to cover our cruise.    

We haven't yet decided if we should go ahead with the October cruise, but this policy gives us more time to make that decision. 

We have already been through a cancelled cruise earlier this year.  It takes awhile to 'un-do' all the plans and receive refunds/credits from air and hotels in addition to NCL.  I would rather make the decision to cancel myself.

56 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We fully intend to fly to Hawaii on November 12 to board Pride of America on Nov 14.  If that cruise doesn't go, then we'll take NCL up on the first available POA cruise. 

I would not want to be the guinea pig taking the first Hawaii cruise that NCL sails whenever that date may be. Probably safer to wait a few months from whenever the date is that cruises resume.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Major international airlines/carriers are forecasting "essential travel" for the near future.  I would not count on any sort of T/A.  Speculatings that some limited short cruises might start up "later" within Europe and/or Asia first, but I would not bet on crossing the Atlantic in either directions this Fall - especially if the seasonal influenza and Covid-19 "conspired" to wreck more human tolls.

I agree.  We cancelled our late Oct. TA out of Italy several weeks ago (and have already received the refund of our deposit from NCL).  United had previously cancelled our non-stop flight to Rome and rebooked us on a much longer connecting itinerary (requiring under DOT rules that they refund our money, though I had to argue with them over that).

I seriously doubt this TA will sail; even if it does, there won’t be a vaccine by then and I can’t imagine doing that kind of international travel in October (the flights or the cruise).

5 hours ago, yankees111 said:

I would not want to be the guinea pig taking the first Hawaii cruise that NCL sails whenever that date may be. Probably safer to wait a few months from whenever the date is that cruises resume.

You folks sound like that virus is going to last forever.  I say come August, there will be very few cases still around.  You can wait a few months if you want but I'll be on a ship on vacation while you're 'safely' tucked away in your space.

• Like 3

It is beginning to look like cases are dropping rapidly in most countries regardless of the level of restrictions/speed of them being lifted.  I'd say cruises later this year will be down to how they cope with CDC rules, but there might be a glimmer of hope for some cruises post October hopefully!

4 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

It is beginning to look like cases are dropping rapidly in most countries regardless of the level of restrictions/speed of them being lifted.

But especially the countries which have fought the virus so good and which don`t have many cases any more will try to keep the numbers low. So the question is not how many cases are in the country the ships docks in but how many cases are in the country where the ship and passengers come from.

I can`t imagine that any country that has almost won the fight will let a ship dock that comes directly from NYC and is full of americans. Or a ship that comes from great britain and is full of british.

• Like 2

Opinions are all over the board. I wish I knew which one was the 100% real truth. I'm not a psychic, but I surely hope my 10/30/20 on the Breakaway going to Bermuda and Bahamas sails. My worry is that it sails out of Manhattan. I was told by the TA I have used for 13 years, that she is pretty confident it will. They will start a few ships at first, and my cruise itinerary is a favorable one due to the low impact Bermuda and Bahamas had on the virus. Canada & New England would not be, due to certain restrictions from where it would be sailing to. I can't remember the exacts on that one. I got such a super price with great perks for the 3 of us in a Balcony that I would hate to pass up on this one. We'll just all have to wait and see what happens. It also will depend on anyone's air travel as to where Airlines are and are not flying to, especially Europe. So keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck to all who are booked.

3 hours ago, crystalaziza said:

Opinions are all over the board. I wish I knew which one was the 100% real truth. I'm not a psychic, but I surely hope my 10/30/20 on the Breakaway going to Bermuda and Bahamas sails. My worry is that it sails out of Manhattan. I was told by the TA I have used for 13 years, that she is pretty confident it will. They will start a few ships at first, and my cruise itinerary is a favorable one due to the low impact Bermuda and Bahamas had on the virus. Canada & New England would not be, due to certain restrictions from where it would be sailing to. I can't remember the exacts on that one. I got such a super price with great perks for the 3 of us in a Balcony that I would hate to pass up on this one. We'll just all have to wait and see what happens. It also will depend on anyone's air travel as to where Airlines are and are not flying to, especially Europe. So keeping my fingers crossed. Good Luck to all who are booked.

I would love to know which ships they plan to start up first.  My October cruise is supposed to be out of Miami on the Joy.  Cruisemapper shows she is currently sailing past Hawaii reportedly headed towards Japan.   Will she be returning to Miami for October?     Who knows.....

Good luck on your cruise🤞