Has anyone received their refund from NCL?

30 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Got my refund about 2 weeks ago for DSC on cancelled May 3 cruise (request was made March 9, prior to actual cruise cancellation). Also got my fare refund at the same time. I did not receive any notification from NCL, credits just showed up in my CC statements. 

We requested our pre-paid DSC be refunded on March 9th also (prior to cruise cancellation by NCL).

We are still waiting....119 Days now!

On 5/28/2020 at 7:23 AM, CarolinaMamma said:

I know they said it could take up to 90 days. I submitted my refund request on March 23rd, the first day I could, for a Haven 2-bedroom family villa on an April 2020 cruise that was cancelled. Since then my PCC has called both me and my teenage son about booking with our future cruise credit, which makes me doubt NCL’s internal communication practices. I told my PCC I had requested the refund, not the FCC, but she was unable to check the status because her job is to book cruises. I tried not to push it because I’m sure these folks are stressed out and a lot of them are losing their jobs, but pointing me in the direction of someone who could help might have been nice. 

I’ll give them another few weeks, the full 90 days, but if I don’t see the refund come through, I may have to ask Amex for help getting it back. 

Curious to know if anyone else has received their refund. 

We got the email around early May of NCL cancellation to our 11 days vacation starting in June 18th, 2020.  We then file for refund during that one week period in May 7th, 2020.  Still waiting for our refund.  

Noticed last week my fcc disappeared from my account. Received my credit today for my May 31st Bermuda cruise I submitted on May 7th, very happy it was ahead of schedule and hoping this is a good sign for those still waiting. Fyi, I did not get an email notifying me to expect the refund, was hopeful it was on the way since the fcc disappeared and it was.

We were booked for March 29 and were cancelled by NCL two weeks before we were due to leave.  Applied for refund on the first day allowed.  Our refund just showed up on our credit card this morning.  I am grateful that we finally received it, but at the same time, feel that the length of time they kept my money was unacceptable.  

Requested our refund May 7.  Received our refund June 29, well within 90 days. We also got our latitudes points even though the cruise was canceled.  We received 28 points for a 14-day cruise due to double points promo.  Completely acceptable considering the circumstances.  This is uncharted territory for everyone.

We're still waiting for a refund of pre-paid gratuities which we cancelled on March 11 (before NCL cancelled any cruises).  We keep being told "it's pending."  Very frustrating as it's been almost 4 months now and NCL is clearly not processing refunds in the order in which they were received.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:31 AM, luv2kroooz said:

And the other thing.....not once has anyone proactively reached out and said, hey thanks for your patience, the refunds will be further delayed. It's just radio silence. I've always said they missed on the college course "Customer Service 101". And this is just another example. It's like you're bothering them by inquiring about a refund claim that was filed 100 days ago and you have no updates on. They live in the own chaos they create. Maybe if they were a little more proactive with the communication, fewer people would be calling in to inquire. Duh!!

I sent an email and this is the response I got,

Re: Norwegian Bliss Voyage of 4/19/2020

Dear Mrs. Evans:

This is to further our previous correspondence and in response to your recent letter.

Due to the high volume of refunds being issued, you may experience a delay in receiving these funds. Please be assured that Norwegian Cruise Line is working hard to ensure that these refunds are done in a timely manner. We greatly appreciate your patience in this process.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, once more.

Sincerely,

Lou Valdes

Coordinator

Guest Relations

13 hours ago, udivegirl said:

Requested our refund May 7.  Received our refund June 29, well within 90 days. We also got our latitudes points even though the cruise was canceled.  We received 28 points for a 14-day cruise due to double points promo.  Completely acceptable considering the circumstances.  This is uncharted territory for everyone.

Congrats on getting your refund.  We, also requested our refund on May 7th.  Hope it comes soon.  

21 hours ago, jvevans said:

I sent an email and this is the response I got,

Re: Norwegian Bliss Voyage of 4/19/2020

Dear Mrs. Evans:

This is to further our previous correspondence and in response to your recent letter.

Due to the high volume of refunds being issued, you may experience a delay in receiving these funds. Please be assured that Norwegian Cruise Line is working hard to ensure that these refunds are done in a timely manner. We greatly appreciate your patience in this process.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns, once more.

Sincerely,

Lou Valdes

Coordinator

Guest Relations

We were on the same cruise.  Got our full refunds today - 85 days.

13 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

We were on the same cruise.  Got our full refunds today - 85 days.

Ours was only for the gratuities that I cancelled on March 14, 116 days and nothing yet.  I am going to go through the credit card company!

Finally received our refund today for March cruise (NCL cancelled), "only" took 108 days and lots of stressful phone calls.  Very relieved to have that over with, now to figure out what to do with our worthless cruise next certs! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvevans said:

Ours was only for the gratuities that I cancelled on March 14, 116 days and nothing yet.  I am going to go through the credit card company!

We're still waiting for the gratuities we cancelled on March 11...almost 4 months ago now.  Good luck with your credit card company.

Edited by cruiser1836

Received a refund for our 5/17 cruise last week (request submitted on 5/7)  but minus our $1500 deposit.   

The $1500 deposit just showed up on our credit card today.  A call to NCL Customer Service last week was

not helpful other than for them to say the deposit refund was "in progress".

Now waiting on the credit card company to send us a check for all the refunds.  That's another 20 - 40 days.  No company

is any hurry to part with funds!

Edited by banjineer
wrong date for refund request

Submitted 4/5 for 4/19 cruise.  Two weeks ago received 4100 final deposit.  the 1500 deposit was "in progress". Today I finally received the 1500  (in strange increments; no letter like last time)  which they said they refunded on 7/3, showing up today 7/9.  Although I got it, not happy with NCL, should not have come in pieces, the last refund took 92 days. They must be so cash poor that they are waiting for others to book so that they have the cash to refund the cancelled cruises. 

I'm glad to hear that so many of you waiting for a full refund are finally receiving them.

It's been 122 days since we requested refund of our pre-paid daily service charges but nothing yet.  I've received a couple of emails similar to those posted above.    It's just $203, so maybe they are prioritizing those who are waiting for larger amounts.  

I'm glad to hear that so many of you waiting for a full refund are finally receiving them.

It's been 122 days since we requested refund of our pre-paid daily service charges but nothing yet.  I've received a couple of emails similar to those posted above.    It's just $203, so maybe they are prioritizing those who are waiting for larger amounts.  

It’s been 120 days since we cancelled our prepaid DSC and we’ve heard nothing from NCL. When I call them, they say the refund is pending. I know it’s a small amount compared to what others are waiting for (in our case it’s $435 as it was a 15 day cruise) but that’s no reason to make us wait indefinitely, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1