Celebrity and Royal Caribbean Loyalty Programs

HleeCruiser

Self edit..

Found this...

Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society® Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club levels will be equivalent to Elite in Celebrity Cruise’s Captain’s Club and Azamara Club Cruises’ Discoverer in Le Club Voyage. Gold and Pinnacle Club membership status in Crown & Anchor Society are not part of this benefit.

Edited by Sam.Seattle
wrong info

9 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

We are at the Elite level with Celebrity.  If we choose to cruise on RCCL are we eligible to participate in any of the perks Royal offers  and if so what level would it be?

Thank you,

Henry

Henry,

Once we discovered that we could become Diamond on Royal C. (since we were Celebrity Elite) we have taken two Royal C. cruises.   Both were great. 

We still give the edge to Celebrity overall, since the MDR dining is a bit better than Royal, but Royal's entertainment is exceptional.

As for the loyalty programs, Diamond is even better than Elite.  The free happy hour runs from 5-8:30 instead of 5-7.   Because of the extended hours, we have never had to purchase ANY alcoholic drinks while on Royal.   We don't drink alcohol until happy hour and are moderate drinkers.  Since you can order a glass of wine in the MDR up until 8:30 we don't have to buy any wine with dinner.

The Diamond program is not quite as good for free landry, but the difference is not huge.

The difference in Internet should be noted. On Royal Caribbean you must use your Internet benefit all in one 24 hour period. And Celebrity you may log in and out and spread the Internet minutes over your entire cruise

If you are planning to book on Royal, call to get reciprocity before you book. Diamond status on Royal gets you a pretty significant discount on balcony cabins. The amount varies based on length of cruise and how far in advance you book. 

I have 13 cruises on Royal between 2011 and 2019 all Diamond and 15 cruises on Celebrity between 2008 and 2016 moving from no Captain Club status to Elite Plus.  I personally prefer the perks on Celebrity but I will enjoy any and all perks on either cruise line.

The information provided on the previous posts seems to be accurate.  Happy Sails To You.

I am planning a cruise (1st time) on Royal instead of my usual Celebrity cruises.  Would the points that I would get from RCC transfer to my Captain's Club number on Celebrity?  I already registered in Crown & Anchor (Celebrity Elite and RCC Diamond).

19 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I am planning a cruise (1st time) on Royal instead of my usual Celebrity cruises.  Would the points that I would get from RCC transfer to my Captain's Club number on Celebrity?  I already registered in Crown & Anchor (Celebrity Elite and RCC Diamond).

No.   

On 6/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, George C said:

Really prefer rccl diamond perks over celebrity elite , longer happy hours and the balcony discount. 

My Loyalty Savings on the cruise I booked last week was $340 pp and also got a Sail Now Savings of $200 pp.  That Trumps my Diamond discount.  Also my 2 free bags of laundry versus Diamond 0 free laundry works for me too.  Not to mention the my 240 minutes complimentary internet on Celebrity.

17 hours ago, Snit13 said:

My Loyalty Savings on the cruise I booked last week was $340 pp and also got a Sail Now Savings of $200 pp.  That Trumps my Diamond discount.  Also my 2 free bags of laundry versus Diamond 0 free laundry works for me too.  Not to mention the my 240 minutes complimentary internet on Celebrity.

Ah, but the Loyalty savings were only for a short time, very short time. Blink and you missed it. The Diamond balcony discount has been there for a long time, like years. 🙂