Wonder if this will impact return-to-service dates

Fivehole

It makes sense that someone without symptoms wouldn't easily spread the virus.  I have always had doubt when it was said that people without symptoms should wear masks.  They aren't coughing or sneezing, so I guess the belief was they could spread it by merely breathing.  Anyway, it seems highly likely that it is spread by being in close contact with a person who is coughing or sneezing, not just standing there.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

The article seems to support the "phasing" back into less social distancing, primarily for people with no symptoms. That could bode well for the restart of cruising as well as schools, office buildings, etc.

That's what I was getting at 🙂

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

And that hopefully means I'll be going on my Sept 3, 2020 cruise!!  Thx for posting the article😀

I hope you do too give us a report when you get back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

It makes sense that someone without symptoms wouldn't easily spread the virus.  I have always had doubt when it was said that people without symptoms should wear masks.  They aren't coughing or sneezing, so I guess the belief was they could spread it by merely breathing.  Anyway, it seems highly likely that it is spread by being in close contact with a person who is coughing or sneezing, not just standing there.

Coughing, sneezing...and talking.  Especially loud talking.  Also, inhaling and exhaling....when exercising, when dancing.  Smoking...exhaling.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Coughing, sneezing...and talking.  Especially loud talking.  Also, inhaling and exhaling....when exercising, when dancing.  Smoking...exhaling.

What are you trying to say?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I was reading a post elsewhere if cruises were leaving august 1st, they would already be getting the singers and dancers together to practice.

I started thinking do we know there will even be production shows? Maybe in the name of social distancing they will substitute some lame game shows they know few will show up to.

Cruises could become booze cruises. One guy said just give him a bartender and he is good to go.

No one knows what cruising will be like at 50% capacity. None of us has even a good outline what cruises will be like. I read one port will require masks ... but what about boarding the cruise?

Everything is unknown... just speculation on everyones part. How many ports will even be open? Nothing is known at this pt.

• Like 1

Every time i hear about the dangers of cruising I have to laugh.  They will cancel cruising but will allow the plane that would bring you to the port to continue flying.  You usually would come a day early and that hotel or motel will continue to operate.  Then on cruise date, you would have gone to a restaurant and they will continue to be open for breakfast.  Finally, you would have taken an Uber or bus to get you to the ship.  You guessed it, they remain in service.   Really glad they are watching over us.  

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, richfret said:

Every time i hear about the dangers of cruising I have to laugh.  They will cancel cruising but will allow the plane that would bring you to the port to continue flying.  You usually would come a day early and that hotel or motel will continue to operate.  Then on cruise date, you would have gone to a restaurant and they will continue to be open for breakfast.  Finally, you would have taken an Uber or bus to get you to the ship.  You guessed it, they remain in service.   Really glad they are watching over us.  

Dont forget about thousands of protestors the rules dont apply to arm to arm yelling. 

I gotta stop and get gas and park my car, get on a shuttle that might or might not be wiped down clean to drop me at the terminal. 

Just say we are protestors, the ship will let us board. The rules only apply if we say we are cruisers. I'm protesting higher prices.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

On 6/8/2020 at 10:24 PM, firefly333 said:

Dont forget about thousands of protestors the rules dont apply to arm to arm yelling. 

I gotta stop and get gas and park my car, get on a shuttle that might or might not be wiped down clean to drop me at the terminal. 

Just say we are protestors, the ship will let us board. The rules only apply if we say we are cruisers. I'm protesting higher prices.

The number of protestors pails in comparison to the numbers of everyone else coming out of shutdown. I see more masks on protestors than I do on the general public.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SA - Cruiser said:

Dr. Fauci has been wrong a lot.  No one really knows one way or the other at this point.  One study says this, another says this, the WHO says this, Dr. Fauci says something completely different.  I think the whole thing is just mean to confuse and scare people.  I will just say, if you are scared, stay home, no one makes anyone else cruise.  Me, I will be on the first boat leaving (hopefully not, I am going in Dec). 

• Like 1