Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

FYI for those considering booking a sailing to Asia, be sure to check out the shore excursions, they were pricey, one Vietnam port had a bunch of $300+ options

Did you see the multi-day Angkor Wat excursions?

31 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I enjoyed the 50 PUPs.

I checked my email and there it was so watched in entirety. 50 PUP'S  does that translate to 5 captains club  points? If so a pretty good deal. I enjoyed the webinar also. 

Since the emphasis seemed to be on southeast Asia, we did an 8 night from Shanghai to Japan on RCCL Quantum of the Seas a few years back, and had a terrific time.  

Our cruise included an overnight in Tokyo, so we got a hotel in the Shinjuku region (where all of the lights and Godzilla are), and it was an excellent experience.

We used Triple Lights tours, which I think is now gowithguide, and their guides were outstanding and prices reasonable.

But I do recommend this, for those who haven't visited the region.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I checked my email and there it was so watched in entirety. 50 PUP'S  does that translate to 5 captains club  points? If so a pretty good deal. I enjoyed the webinar also. 

Yes, it translates into 5 Captains Club Points.

• Thanks 1

I initially thought to just turn it on and do some other things and half-watch.  Then, the photos of Japan came on and both my wife and I were hooked.  Watched the whole thing.  We actually have back-to-back 24 nights booked for the Millennium in Japan for March/April 2024.  We originally booked back in 2019 before Covid hit, then lifted and shifted several times...We can't wait...

BTW, we did Southeast Asia (Hong Kong/Vietnam/Thailand/Singapore) on Millennium just before the pandemic.  Great cruise.  Some shorexes ight be pricey...but well worth it.  There is so much to see...and so worth seeing.   I'd highly recommend it.

• Like 1

As others have said, this was interesting.  I appreciated the fact it was recorded and we could watch at any time, it wasn't so polished that it seemed like a commercial, but still had the nuances of a live production.  The B2B2B segment was interesting.  We'll never know, but I'd be interested to know how many people book all three legs on those sailings.  I booked the middle leg on the Equinox earlier today so maybe I'll be able to find out some information about that when the sailing comes around.  The Japan sailings look interesting, if I hadn't booked the above mentioned trip maybe we would have considered one.  I just hope they have those B2B2B schedules a few years down the road when I have the flexibility to travel for that amount of time. 

I just hope I get the credit for watching.  I'm still missing the 5 points from the New Zealand/Australia one back in September.  I've sent in screen shots two months in a row and still haven't received credit.  I've just given up now, and this time didn't even bother to take screen shots to document my viewing.  Just becoming too big a battle if I don't get the credit automatically.

Edited by garyl62

1 hour ago, cnkgirl said:

I quite enjoyed the webinar as well. I just hope I actually get the PUPS because I usually don’t, I even emailed them and asked them about it they said I got them but I never have.

I have never tried emailing but I have called the Captains Club desk when I have been

missing points.  I have sent screenshots which have been forwarded onto the loyalty desk.  It generally takes quite a while for them to investigate.  Right now, I am missing five points from the promotion where you booked a flight by Celebrity.  The Captains Club representative said that it could take three or four weeks before I actually see those points, not surprising because of the holiday timeframe.

• Like 1