HAL has updated your "account" information on website

16 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I compared my FCCs to what I paid for the three cruises and they are half of what I was expecting.  I think what it means is they are only listing my FCCs and my dear wife's will be listed under her name on the website.  She has never logged on, so I will assume that is the way it works.

Yes, ours is the same.  FCC's and FCD's are listed in my name only.

It does say that they can be used when making a booking, but how will that work if DW's FCC/FCD are on her account and I am making the booking on my account?

51 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I compared my FCCs to what I paid for the three cruises and they are half of what I was expecting.  I think what it means is they are only listing my FCCs and my dear wife's will be listed under her name on the website.  She has never logged on, so I will assume that is the way it works.

I will probably have the same problem because my husband never logs on. I do it all.

I finally got a chance to log in and see the update.  I really like it.  With all of the cancellations and rebookings I thought I knew how many FCD I still had available and the correct number is on my account.  No more needing to bother my PCC to see if I still have one.  Also like the expiration date attached to the FCD.

6 hours ago, bennybear said:

ARGHHH!!!!!!!

Well I WAS pleased until I checked prices for a cruise next year.  It looked like a big drop and so while signed in I put a hold on it.  Well the drop is because it’s in US dollars even while signed in to my Canadian account.   Come on HAL, one step forward two back!  I can imagine there are going to be some very upset customers.

Yes, USD.

I couldn't get CND by signing in as usual.   I used a "book now" link from a HAL promo email and got CND pricing that way. 

Edited by SilvertoGold
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Yes, ours is the same.  FCC's and FCD's are listed in my name only.

It does say that they can be used when making a booking, but how will that work if DW's FCC/FCD are on her account and I am making the booking on my account?

That is good to know.  Means we have twice what is showing on my account.  I don't expect a problem.  When we book a cruise I will just ask my TA to apply the credits to our cruise.  I'm sure he can figure it out.

FCDs / FCCs are associated to the pax mariner number, versus the primary booker (ie named pax one) on PNR.   So, when you go to re-book, make sure you have your pax two mariner number handy) as that should 'pull forward' that person's FCC/Ds to apply.   Any unused FCC remains on account until it's expiration (so you don't have to use it up all in one transaction) until their respective expiration date(s). 

Here is a walk-through for POLAR Online (TA booking tool).    Self-serve is the same.    Scott 

Edited by YXU AC*SE

2 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

FCDs / FCCs are associated to the pax mariner number, versus the primary booker (ie named pax one) on PNR.   So, when you go to re-book, make sure you have your pax two mariner number handy) as that should 'pull forward' that person's FCC/Ds to apply. 

That will be ok when using a TA with Polar, but those who book directly on the HAL website will have a problem as the second traveler information page does NOT have a box to insert the Mariners Number. (At least on the European version I have just rechecked.)

12 hours ago, bennybear said:

Thanks Silver to gold!  

It has always defaulted to Canadian unless I am physically in the US,  so not sure how they messed that up.

I tried this morning and got CND without even signing in.  I keep in mind the tricks for the next time it goes weird!

6 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

I tried this morning and got CND without even signing in.  I keep in mind the tricks for the next time it goes weird!

Today ofcourse, my FCC's and FCD's have disappeared!  Also fares are being shown in $. I should get prices in Euro, but normally they are shown in £ stg and I need to sign in to get Euro.

It does keep the brain active ! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YXU AC*SE said:

FCDs / FCCs are associated to the pax mariner number, versus the primary booker (ie named pax one) on PNR.   So, when you go to re-book, make sure you have your pax two mariner number handy) as that should 'pull forward' that person's FCC/Ds to apply.   Any unused FCC remains on account until it's expiration (so you don't have to use it up all in one transaction) until their respective expiration date(s). 

Here is a walk-through for POLAR Online (TA booking tool).    Self-serve is the same.    Scott 

====

Question on FCC since you all seem so experienced with FCC.

If you sign on and do a "booking" but not go through with final payment will your known receipt of FCC automatically populate the booking?

I believe FCC shows up as "Miscellaneous Credit".   My FCC does not show up yet so tests I do are incomplete.  

Thanks for all answers.

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER

19 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

If you sign on and do a "booking" but not go through with final payment will your known receipt of FCC automatically populate the booking?    Peter

I personally can't say b/c I don't have any FCC outstanding.   I do know that that my FCD -- which now appears in Safari but not Chrome -- will NOT automatically re-rate the deposit requirement. (sidebar to HAL IT:  Google Chrome only has ~60% browser share rn, so it might be helpful to fix? k thx bye.)   

My thinking [supposition] is that HAL's customer-facing sales positions are taking a beating with no-sale / non-value add 'Where's my FCC' calls, so this tool was pushed out. Given that booking demand is probably light, rather than waiting until the back-end (ie the application) was complete, it was done knowing they could clean it up later, as not that many ppl are looking to book anything atm.  [/supposition]    Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE

58 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

That will be ok when using a TA with Polar, but those who book directly on the HAL website will have a problem as the second traveler information page does NOT have a box to insert the Mariners Number. (At least on the European version I have just rechecked.)

Workaround:  Log-in w/ Pax A on website; then enter Pax B as passenger one on PNR when creating the booking -- then both mariner numbers are then associated to booking?   I'm in the habit actually of using both our mariner numbers to validate pricing, b/c despite having identical sailing histories. oftentimes one of us is targeted for a favourable 'hey-we-haven't-seen-you-in-a-while' offer which results in a price reduction. 

That said, if my current FCD is any indication (caveat: focus group of one, and the plural of anecdote is never data), the back-end (ie re-rating of deposit w/ FCD and/or application of FCC) appears to not yet be functional.   Scott.  

On 6/13/2020 at 3:29 PM, VMax1700 said:

Today ofcourse, my FCC's and FCD's have disappeared!  Also fares are being shown in $. I should get prices in Euro, but normally they are shown in £ stg and I need to sign in to get Euro.

It does keep the brain active ! 🙄

Now, Sunday evening, and when I open the website I automatically am shown euro prices, but when I sign in then I am shown US dollar prices. 🙃  FCC and FCD are still hiding from me!

Edited by VMax1700

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Now, Sunday evening, and when I open the website I automatically am shown euro prices, but when I sign in then I am shown US dollar prices. 🙃  FCC and FCD are still hiding from me!

Oh more joy!   Hopefully they get this corrected. Before they upset a lot of people!  It’s like whack a mole,  they fix one thing and two more pop up.  

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been trying just to get INTO my account - nothing seems to work.  I have used my regular log-in, and password, also tried to just re-sign up.  Nothing works.  I have 2 cruises booked.  Any ideas?

51 minutes ago, BJzink said:

I have been trying just to get INTO my account - nothing seems to work.  I have used my regular log-in, and password, also tried to just re-sign up.  Nothing works.  I have 2 cruises booked.  Any ideas?

I think they must be working on the system as when I sign in to My Account, sometimes it has my details and cruise history and a few minutes later it disappears.

Give it an hour and try again!

Thanks for posting the new enhancement! I checked and no FCC available although I have $1,884 from our cancelled April 1st cruise. Also, no FCD and we have a Veendam cruise booked for Feb. 2021! Been waiting since March 13th for the FCC and our PCC said 2 weeks ago it could still be another 90 days before we hear anything. I'm a patient person usually, but it's wearing thin at this point. However, I am still glad that we can now see the FCC and FCD in our account. Progress!

5 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Thanks for posting the new enhancement! I checked and no FCC available although I have $1,884 from our cancelled April 1st cruise. Also, no FCD and we have a Veendam cruise booked for Feb. 2021! Been waiting since March 13th for the FCC and our PCC said 2 weeks ago it could still be another 90 days before we hear anything. I'm a patient person usually, but it's wearing thin at this point. However, I am still glad that we can now see the FCC and FCD in our account. Progress!

Yes, at least we can see them now!  I've been wanting this added for years.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:53 PM, AlanF65 said:

Mine are there, But they reverted my name from my legal (passport) name to what I use day to day, which was changed last fall to my my Legal name.

Seabourn made similar changes to their site and my birthdate was changed, but all is fine on HAL except that our FCCs aren't showing yet.

23 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

Seabourn made similar changes to their site and my birthdate was changed, but all is fine on HAL except that our FCCs aren't showing yet.

I just went to Seabourn and checked out their changes.  Looks just like the HAL site but I didn't see the cruise credits area. I hope they're planning on adding it.  I tried updating my email preferences twice but it didn't work.  They still have some work to do.