Enchanted Princess: Construction/Delivery PROGRESS THREAD

snoozecrooze

2 minutes ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

If that is true then that would be unacceptable. I may try to change my assignment.

I would double check first. I think the official line is that it cannot be used whilst sailing but I have seen people using those balconies at sea. The problem is obviously the wind might make it unusable.  

3 hours ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

For our January cruise on Enchanted we are in M106 which is a mini suite on Marina deck forward, looks like it is over the bridge. Never had a forward cabin before, this will be interesting. Has anyone had experience with this type of cabin?

You'll be able to find videos of this and its neighboring cabins on Royal/Regal/etc. on YouTube. I've also read that people did get to go on the balcony at any time (probably depends on the captain's discretion too, not sure), but you're much more likely to not go on it when the ship is moving anyways because of the winds, given where your cabin is located. Search some of the discussion here on Cruise Critic as well -- there are many thoughts, pictures, etc. all along, as these are pretty coveted rooms. 

I looked up this topic (use of forward balconies) and it seems that most people did not have any problem using it while under way. Some people did not like the wind others were not bothered by it. There is also the issue of the metal wall on the outside that makes it hard to see out if someone is seated.

1 hour ago, MaineCruiser243 said:

If that is true then that would be unacceptable. I may try to change my assignment.

Believe the note "Balc Access Limited" means that you really can't use the balcony when the ship is underway. It's too windy. I remember someone saying that while the ship was at sea they were able to hide behind the steel balcony wall.

Stateroom Number: M106
Type: Mini-Suite

Category: MF
Deck: 15 (Marina)
Bath Type: Shower/tub
Connecting Room: N/A
Total Size: 319 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
MINI SUITE PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL BALC ACCESS LIMITED

6 hours ago, skynight said:

Believe the note "Balc Access Limited" means that you really can't use the balcony when the ship is underway. It's too windy. I remember someone saying that while the ship was at sea they were able to hide behind the steel balcony wall.

Stateroom Number: M106
Type: Mini-Suite

Category: MF
Deck: 15 (Marina)
Bath Type: Shower/tub
Connecting Room: N/A
Total Size: 319 sq. ft.

Special Notes:
MINI SUITE PART OBSTRUCTED VIEWNON-GLASS BALC RAIL BALC ACCESS LIMITED

There are absolutely no restrictions with using your balcony on the forward-facing balconies.  People that have not been in them don't know because they're just reading what some IT person put in the description that had no idea of the reality.
It wasn't too windy all the time because you're sitting below the solid metal panels and there are areas that aren't as bad as others in M-107, M-108, L-107, L-108 that you can move to (like the side section of the balconies).

18 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

Photos Credit: Fincantieri FB

120233478_2830369803851292_2721856294943328581_n.jpg

120259940_2830369220518017_180900429725761878_n.jpg

120217227_2830369157184690_8814974892083438725_n.jpg

Thanks for the pics!. Strange seeing the Good Spirits bar at the side now. And is that area with the different sections and red "James Bond" chairs the new Crooners with a bar at one end?

Sandra

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, dides said:

Strange seeing the Good Spirits bar at the side now. And is that area with the different sections and red "James Bond" chairs the new Crooners with a bar at one end?

Sky was definitely a one-off with the generous allocation of Bellini's on the port side of deck 5; the rest in the class have always had Good Spirits there. But I read that people liked that Bellini's had more space so I'm not sure why they didn't just continue that.

And I do believe those red chairs are part of the Crooners, as it fits the renderings that were first designed for Discovery. It looks like a nice space, but I'm just slightly afraid its location on Enchanted & Discovery present possible traffic chokepoints along the high-traffic starboard route. I liked that a part of deck 7's atrium on the port side was just all Crooners on Royal and Regal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

And I do believe those red chairs are part of the Crooners, as it fits the renderings that were first designed for Discovery. It looks like a nice space, but I'm just slightly afraid its location on Enchanted & Discovery present possible traffic chokepoints along the high-traffic starboard route. I liked that a part of deck 7's atrium on the port side was just all Crooners on Royal and Regal. 

I agree about the location of Crooners. Similar situation on the Grand Class derivatives where on Crown, Ruby and Emerald it was moved to port side, enlarged and became less of a hallway space with a piano and more a proper lounge.  

That said, being on the starboard side of Fiesta deck (6) on Enchanted and Discovery there will be far less traffic than if it were on Promenade deck (7).

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

That said, being on the starboard side of Fiesta deck (6) on Enchanted and Discovery there will be far less traffic than if it were on Promenade deck (7).

You're so right; I completely forgot it would also be on deck 6, which means it should have far less traffic than that on deck 7 because Crooners doesn't really see that much activity at peak dinner hours anyways. Good point. And also thank you for sharing your insights throughout the forum on deployments and all else Princess.

We're on the final stretch here -- just around three days until she's tentatively scheduled to be delivered. In addition to the pics posted above, I'll try to share some stuff I can find/glean but I can't promise anything.

image.png.48385f4204512ebfd5c4d97590bf0f06.png

Pretty sure this is the living area of one of the Sky Suites

image.png.f49820c3bd468ab2ae26e76d6ac75767.png

Piazza

image.png.5a2472dd9cdb7a880233143903416b01.png

Wakeview pool at the aft

On a slightly more serious tone, if you're familiar with the Celebrity Apex, there was unfortunately a major outbreak aboard the ship back in March & April when the pandemic had first gone haywire. Italian authorities have reported that there were a few cases aboard Enchanted after the sea trials, which is to be expected given the need to exchange crew and staff capable of serving specific duties. And there were probably other cases throughout the construction process, but anyways, I'm just hoping there won't be any other bad news because a lot of attention will be drawn to Princess with this delivery coming up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you understand Filipino, this may be informative to you. It's a 4-minute video of Rex, a Princess security guard, discussing a few things. Visually, he begins walking through a hallway and some stairs at 2:56, which just confirms how Enchanted will look very similar to Sky, at least on some parts on the inside. Please share more pics if you find them!

The delivery has happened!

[ceremony link below]

Enchanted's delivery marks the 100th newbuild delivered by Fincantieri. Most of the ceremony is in Italian. English speakers will hear from Arnold Donald, Stein Kruse, Jan Swartz, and Captain Nick Nash. Some awkward tech moments here and there with the zoom call-ins, but it's great that all of it could come together in the end.

Edited by snoozecrooze
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

The delivery has happened!

[ceremony link below]

Enchanted's delivery marks the 100th newbuild delivered by Fincantieri. Most of the ceremony is in Italian. English speakers will hear from Arnold Donald, Stein Kruse, Jan Swartz, and Captain Nick Nash. Some awkward tech moments here and there with the zoom call-ins, but it's great that all of it could come together in the end.

We were invited to attend the virtual naming ceremony and transfering of the ship the changing of the ship's flag.  It was a very interesting ceremony, lots of speeches and it was also the announcement of Captain Nash now being the Commodore.  The ship will now be leaving Monfalcone hopefully getting ready to finally arrive in Florida for December voyages.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grego said:

We were invited to attend the virtual naming ceremony and transfering of the ship the changing of the ship's flag.  It was a very interesting ceremony, lots of speeches and it was also the announcement of Captain Nash now being the Commodore.  The ship will now be leaving Monfalcone hopefully getting ready to finally arrive in Florida for December voyages.

Yes, Captain Nash is indeed, now Commodore of the fleet. Interesting that Commodore Giorgio Pomata retired -- I wasn't aware of this and it was definitely very low-key (we'd probably otherwise see some press about his storied career any other year) and I can't help but think that the Ruby Princess fiasco might have played a bit of a role in accelerating his quiet retirement from the company. 

And Swartz reiterated what was announced last year, that Captain Gennaro Arma (now known as the famous captain from Diamond Princess) will be the other captain of the ship when Commodore Nash rotates out. 

I'm curious to find out who the godmother/father will be. We'll probably be waiting several months before that's announced.

5 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

Yes, Captain Nash is indeed, now Commodore of the fleet. Interesting that Commodore Giorgio Pomata retired -- I wasn't aware of this and it was definitely very low-key (we'd probably otherwise see some press about his storied career any other year) and I can't help but think that the Ruby Princess fiasco might have played a bit of a role in accelerating his quiet retirement from the company.

Had you heard about Ray Calouri leaving earlier this year too? We've seen him at quite a few launches for Princess.

Sandra

3 hours ago, dides said:

Had you heard about Ray Calouri leaving earlier this year too? We've seen him at quite a few launches for Princess.

Yes, I read about that back when the press covered his exit from Princess. I was somewhat shocked because he had really become one of the faces of the company when it was going haywire during the Diamond fiasco. The stuff given to the press painted his departure prettily, but there was honestly so much going on behind the scenes that resulted in several Princess (+Carnival Corp) execs exiting that I'm positive the crisis definitely had something to do with it all. 

• Like 1

Interesting still that with the addition of some new April bookings, there isn't a T/A voyage shown between those and the first voyage in May starting in Rome.

Regarding the mentioning of Rai during the ceremony, we thought it was nice to acknowledge all he has done in his career with Princess and especially the bringing on the Royal Class ships.  We personally miss him as he has always shown kindness to us and his leaving is still a question with us.