Boarding Pass & Luggage Tags Printed, We're ready to Cruise...

NavyCruiser

BOARDING PASS

Port Of Galveston, Tx CARNIVAL DREAM August 22, 2020

Online Check-in

ARRIVAL APPOINTMENT 12:00PM - 12:30PM

BOARDING ZONE PRIORITY

FINAL BOARDING 2:30PM

Name: _________ Stateroom  ________ (DECK 😎 Muster Station B3

IMPORTANT INFORMATION • • Please arrive promptly to your Arrival Appointment to minimize your wait time in line. All guests must be on board for Final Boarding time or they will not be permitted to sail.

VIFP #: _____________ - Platinum PRIORITY

IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS • • You must print your boarding pass and present a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) Additionally, citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) will be needed at embarkation.

Looks like Carnival reached their Maximum Limited Capacity & no longer accepting any more bookings for Aug & Sept cruises.  Yea....  ship will be half full.

They even upgraded us to Balcony for a great price.

Galveston will be 90 degrees & 90% humidity in Aug

Ready to go.

My beer glass will always be filled at least half full until then....  😎

• Like 3

I have one booked for the first of October, I can't imagine how glorious it would be to cruise with half capacity.  I'm not holding my breath, but I've got my fingers crossed tightly that it goes that way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you NavyCruiser.

I've mentally crossed my September cruise off my list and am beginning to wonder about October.  I've never before had two cruises booked in two months, but the October sailing was booked to replace the cancelled March cruise.

I admire your optimism.

3 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

BOARDING PASS

Online Check-in

BOARDING ZONE PRIORITY

Name: _________ Stateroom  ________ (DECK 😎 Muster Station B3

IMPORTANT INFORMATION • • Please arrive promptly to your Arrival Appointment to minimize your wait time in line. All guests must be on board for Final Boarding time or they will not be permitted to sail.

IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS • • You must print your boarding pass and present a government-issued picture ID (applicable to all guests 16 years and older) Additionally, citizenship documents (including any necessary visas) will be needed at embarkation.

Looks like Carnival reached their Maximum Limited Capacity & no longer accepting any more bookings for Aug & Sept cruises.  Yea....  ship will be half full.

Ready to go.

My beer glass will always be filled at least half full until then....  😎

Sadly, I agree with cruiseboy06 September cruises will be cancelled. The CDC seems to be unfairly picking on the cruise lines. We have a B22B on the Horizon in September which is a replacement for our cancelled Mardi Gras cruise. Oh well, time to start looking again for another cruise. Hope the 125% and $600.00 FCC is still in effect. Good luck to you all.

I have my boarding pass and luggage tag as a PDF on my computer. I'll print the morning we leave the house on Halloween. Just my habit developed over more than a half century of travel.  I sailed Panorama in January and it was fabulous with a full boat. What word can I use to sail at half capacity? I can hardly wait. 

We are optimists as well but doubt our Oct cruise will sail. And I sure wouldn’t want it to sail if it was going to be one of the first “trial run” cruises! I can’t see anything sailing before November but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

9 hours ago, skrufy said:

Sadly, I agree with cruiseboy06 September cruises will be cancelled. The CDC seems to be unfairly picking on the cruise lines. We have a B22B on the Horizon in September which is a replacement for our cancelled Mardi Gras cruise. Oh well, time to start looking again for another cruise. Hope the 125% and $600.00 FCC is still in effect. Good luck to you all.

What 125% ?

9 hours ago, skrufy said:

The CDC seems to be unfairly picking on the cruise lines

The CDC is just doing its job. Suggesting it has some sort of animus towards cruise lines makes no sense. Nor I think, is there a shred of evidence to support the suggestion.

• Like 2

As of June 19, The CDC released the following info:

- revised its death rate estimate down to just 0.4 percent.

- One percent of counties in the country account for more than half of all Covid-19 deaths nationally.

- Ten percent of counties account for more than 90 percent of all deaths.

- Nearly half of the counties in the country haven’t experienced a single Covid-19 death.

- More than 80 percent of all Covid-19 deaths are among those over 65 years old.

- Those aged under 55 account for just seven percent of all Covid-19 deaths.

- If you are 34 years old or younger, your probability of dying from Covid-19 as of June 3rd was 0.0005 percent.

- The overwhelming majority of deaths are among those with at least one other underlying medical condition.

- For 7% of the deaths, Covid-19 was the only cause mentioned.

- Daily new Covid-19 cases in Florida have risen recently, but this is due to an uptick in testing.

- Daily Florida deaths continue to fall—dropping from 51 per day to 34 per day over the last month, according to the 7-day moving average.

Figured if number of cases & deaths peaking now, it'll fall off during this hot summer & will be minimal in 62 days.  We're in the extremely low risk age bracket with no underlying medical condition, driving to port & not flying in a metal tube packed with hundreds of others.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

As of June 19, The CDC released the following info:

- revised its death rate estimate down to just 0.4 percent.

- One percent of counties in the country account for more than half of all Covid-19 deaths nationally.

- Ten percent of counties account for more than 90 percent of all deaths.

- Nearly half of the counties in the country haven’t experienced a single Covid-19 death.

- More than 80 percent of all Covid-19 deaths are among those over 65 years old.

- Those aged under 55 account for just seven percent of all Covid-19 deaths.

- If you are 34 years old or younger, your probability of dying from Covid-19 as of June 3rd was 0.0005 percent.

- The overwhelming majority of deaths are among those with at least one other underlying medical condition.

- For 7% of the deaths, Covid-19 was the only cause mentioned.

- Daily new Covid-19 cases in Florida have risen recently, but this is due to an uptick in testing.

- Daily Florida deaths continue to fall—dropping from 51 per day to 34 per day over the last month, according to the 7-day moving average.

Figured if number of cases & deaths peaking now, it'll fall off during this hot summer & will be minimal in 62 days.  We're in the extremely low risk age bracket with no underlying medical condition, driving to port & not flying in a metal tube packed with hundreds of others.  

Thank you for this!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Thanks, NavyCruiser.  That helps put things in perspective!

It sure does! Thanks NavyCruiser! It's refreshing to read something that I consider positive. We get so little of it here lately, with all the asinine arguments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

We're in the extremely low risk age bracket with no underlying medical condition, driving to port & not flying in a metal tube packed with hundreds of others.  

And of course you never, ever interact with people at risk or who interact with people at risk. 😷

Almost 4,000 new cases in FL today. Over 3,000 yesterday. This suggests a significantly higher infection rate than the national average. FL testing rates come nowhere near accounting for this increase.

TX new case rates look to follow a similar path. 

We can wish all we want, it's not going to change what the virus will do. On the other hand, acknowledging the situation, being patient, and following proven procedures to reduce transmission will more rapidly get us back to cruising.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, broberts said:

And of course you never, ever interact with people at risk or who interact with people at risk. 😷

Yes, I've probably have interacted with Millions of people at risk throughout my numerous HS, College, Navy foreign port calls, & retail sales business over the years with People who might've had colds, influenza, anthrax, smallpox, polio, hepatitis, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria, typhoid, yellow fever, tuberculosis, meningeal, blah, blah, blah...

We both work out daily, eat healthy, & do not have underlying health issues.

You can choose to live your life in utter fear, 

but we choose LIFE, liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness.....  & going cruising in late Aug achieves that!!!

Edited by NavyCruiser
  • Like 2

Yes, I've probably have interacted with Millions of people at risk throughout my numerous HS, College, Navy foreign port calls, & retail sales business over the years with People who might've had colds, influenza, anthrax, smallpox, polio, hepatitis, measles, mumps, rubella, tetanus, diphtheria, typhoid, yellow fever, tuberculosis, meningeal, blah, blah, blah...

but we choose LIFE, liberty & the Pursuit of Happiness.....  & going cruising in late Aug achieves that!!!

Again, THANK YOU for this! You are correct, the number of cases is of course increasing because testing has increased! The number of deaths is what "flattening the curve" was all about, and those death numbers are decreasing. I'm not one of those who believes the virus isn't real (because it is), but the sheer panic from media coverage is what sent us into a shutdown.

• Like 1

COVI-19 does infect healthy people, even professional atheletes. It can cause significant lung, heart and other damage. We are not sure yet about long term effects.

Personally I consider it only prudent to try and avoid a virus that has killed more Americans in the last five months than were killed in the 19 months of American participation in WW1.

BOARDING PASS

Online Check-in

BOARDING ZONE PRIORITY

Name: _________ Stateroom  ________ (DECK [emoji41] Muster Station B3

Ready to go.

My beer glass will always be filled at least half full until then....  [emoji41]

Canceled as expected .......[emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro