Crown & Anchor Points For Canceled Cruises

6 hours ago, L454S said:

Wouldn't it be in RCI's best financial interest to say this....true or not?????

Have 7 new Bookings since March myself receiving good Rates, since have over $4500 in deductions on new/existing... Points for canceled Cruises, not going happen

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Other than delaying our getting to pinnacle by about a year, extra points really do us little good. I'd be happier if they put a new break in at 525 between D+ and Pinnacle, at least that would be of some value to us.

What would you call it and what extra benefits would you expect?

M8

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What would you call it and what extra benefits would you expect?

M8

My top five:

1) Would like to have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner regardless of cabin type booked.

2) Access to Coastal Kitchen for all meals if booked in a JS.

3) Upgraded wine and gift lists (what's there for D+ is quite pedestrian, even at the 350 and 525 levels)

4) Complimentary "Key" first day perks.

5) Larger discount on Zoom Internet.

As for a name - don't really care what they call it.

Starting in 2018 RCI has cancelled 115 nights of cruises I scheduled, I only have 53 points from cruises sailed.  They cancelled 2 TA's, 2 TP's, 23 nights out of Dubai, 12 nights Baltic Sea, 10 nights Tokyo to Singapore, 9 nights Hong Kong to Singapore.  Would love to have those points.   

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

My top five:

1) Would like to have access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner regardless of cabin type booked.

2) Access to Coastal Kitchen for all meals if booked in a JS.

3) Upgraded wine and gift lists (what's there for D+ is quite pedestrian, even at the 350 and 525 levels)

4) Complimentary "Key" first day perks.

5) Larger discount on Zoom Internet.

As for a name - don't really care what they call it.

Interesting fantasies.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Yea. More people with access to the CK. 

Want these perks, book a Suite. 😇

M8

We do. However, you asked for my wish list for anyone with 525+ points, not what we currently enjoy.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We do. However, you asked for my wish list for anyone with 525+ points, not what we currently enjoy.

Under your plan for full CK access as D+ 525, how should Royal manage the reservations? Suites, Pinnacle’s, and 525 D+ on a lot of cruises can’t all have a seat at the table (pun intended). 

What part of the Key do you like on first day?

This is a lot better than talking the doom and gloom of CV19. 

M8

• Like 1

Can you imagine it? There were some people booking cruises that they knew were going to be cancelled by Royal so they could get extra  fcc's. That would be a ton of extra points if they did.

Why would they???

I don’t know much about cruising so I’m wondering how they can get away with an 83 day interest free loan from me ? It must be in the small print somewhere . I did ask for a measly increase in OBC for a future cruise and heard nothing back . I called cc company to find out if there is a time limit in getting my money back . How long do we show patience ? At 90 days , I’m done .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

Other than delaying our getting to pinnacle by about a year, extra points really do us little good. I'd be happier if they put a new break in at 525 between D+ and Pinnacle, at least that would be of some value to us.

I'd be happy with that as we were planning to receive our 490 block on the Indy in April and we would be around 525 by now but that didn't happen.  I don't see an intermediate level unless they revamp the entire program and push the D, D+ and Pinnacle levels upward.  And I don't think that will happen either as the PR fallout will be significant.  They would have to grandfather everyone currently in C&A and then start a new tiered program for all new future cruisers.  Right now they have much bigger issues to deal with than the C&A tier levels and the overall program.

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Under your plan for full CK access as D+ 525, how should Royal manage the reservations? Suites, Pinnacle’s, and 525 D+ on a lot of cruises can’t all have a seat at the table (pun intended). 

What part of the Key do you like on first day?

This is a lot better than talking the doom and gloom of CV19. 

M8

RE CK: 525+'s - On a space available basis

RE KEY:

• Priority check-in and boarding on Day 1. Upon arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated check-in area.
• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

RE CK: 525+'s - On a space available basis

RE KEY:

• Priority check-in and boarding on Day 1. Upon arrival at the terminal, follow The Key check-in signage to your designated check-in area.
• Carry-on bag drop off and delivery to stateroom. Drop-off your carry-on bags in the Main Dining Room until 1:30pm.

Good points. 

Not all Suite guests are frequent cruisers. As far as the CK goes, many cruises are not a problem. The lower fare winter rates attract a bunch of D+ and above. Many B2B+. Suites can’t make reservations until mid week the week prior (and this is not known by all nor published). Many Suite guest would like to make reservations once onboard or the day they would like to dine in the CK. It’s not uncommon for the C&A members who are onboard the previous week(s) to manage to secure reservations prior to Suite Guests.  I’ve know Suite Guest who were unable to get a reservation in the CK. 

D+ and above are Cruise savvy. They know all the in/out’s that many Suites don’t know, and don’t have the experience. 

As long as Suite Guests have priority seating/dinning in the SL/CK, I have no issue who dines/sits/drink in the SL/CK. Personally, I would like them to limit the number of Pinnacle’s who have access on a daily basis. Royal seemed to move in that direction recently.  I’m not opposed to creating a Lounge and Dinning area for Pinnacles. If the want to add D+ to that area, fine with me. 

When Royal starts diluting the Suite Experience, those cruisers will go elsewhere.  We were cruising 4-7 times a year in a GS until our bad experience in SL/CK. We haven’t been back since and have found other places to enjoy our vacations. We are now booked on 3 future cruises (1 we will cancel) based on what Royal did on lasts President Cruise. 

Royal’s big ships are family oriented. It’s not unusual to have kids in SL/CK. It’s disgusting at times watching all the nasty looks toward the kids. Remarks are not uncommon. 

Key - I personally have no objection to priority boarding as long as it’s not added to the Suites/Pinnacle Line.  The luggage drop off is a nice perk. Suites and Pinnacles don’t have that option. Wonder what Pinnacle’s will think with D+ getting that perk and not themselves? 

All these perks are available if one books a Full Suite and the Key. 

My opinion 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight