Coastal Kitchen

7 minutes ago, knots4crewzing said:

Hi Just wondering if the Coastal Kitchen is available for Junior suite guests on Anthem

Thank You

Generally no.  If there are a lot of Pinnacles on the Anthem, they often limit the number of nights they can go to Coastal Kitchen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a JS guest on Anthem in January this year I have very good success using CK, basically every night

CK on Oasis class as a JS guest is very dependent on the numbers week to week.  My last JS experience yielded 2/7 nights on Oasis.  JS access to CK on Quantum class including Anthem is consistently much better than Oasis class.

As an extra bonus on Anthem you don't have to bang on the glass doors to get attention as the host/hostess stand on Quantum class is in the public hallway unlike Oasis class.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twangster said:

As a JS guest on Anthem in January this year I have very good success using CK, basically every night

CK on Oasis class as a JS guest is very dependent on the numbers week to week.  My last JS experience yielded 2/7 nights on Oasis.  JS access to CK on Quantum class including Anthem is consistently much better than Oasis class.

As an extra bonus on Anthem you don't have to bang on the glass doors to get attention as the host/hostess stand on Quantum class is in the public hallway unlike Oasis class.

We have, too- and it's the first destination for us when we board to quickly make reservations for the week.

I'm sure one thing that helps us is that we now eat really early- so getting reservations just when they open is really easy.  Even if it's super crowded with P's- few eat so early.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Hi Just wondering if the Coastal Kitchen is available for Junior suite guests on Anthem

Thank You

JS has access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner.  On Anthem, we have had no issues getting reservations for dinner when we have sailed in a JS.  Just go make your reservations for the week when you board and you should be fine.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, knots4crewzing said:

Thank You

For our cruises on the Anthem in a JS in Feb 2019 and Feb 2020 we had no problem getting dinner reservations except we had to take an early time on Valentine's Day. YMMV and as mentioned, who knows how COVID-19 will change things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dennis#1 said:

Generally no.  If there are a lot of Pinnacles on the Anthem, they often limit the number of nights they can go to Coastal Kitchen.

What time of year have you experienced this on Anthem?  I know that JS have issues booking dinner in Coastal Kitchen on Oasis class at times, have never seen anyone say they had an issue on Anthem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

JS has access to Coastal Kitchen for dinner.  On Anthem, we have had no issues getting reservations for dinner when we have sailed in a JS.  Just go make your reservations for the week when you board and you should be fine.  

On the Anthem I've been able to book the Coastal Kitchen in the cruise planner.  None of the other ships with the CK have that ability.  I was last on the Anthem last September and it was that way then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

On the Anthem I've been able to book the Coastal Kitchen in the cruise planner.  None of the other ships with the CK have that ability.  I was last on the Anthem last September and it was that way then.

I had read that but it was never available for any of the sailings that we had access to Coastal Kitchen.  

11 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I had read that but it was never available for any of the sailings that we had access to Coastal Kitchen.  

It might be hard to find, it's all the way at the bottom.  Or maybe they were already full.  It's been available on all my Anthem cruises but i booked it as soon as booking was available. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

It might be hard to find, it's all the way at the bottom.  Or maybe they were already full.  It's been available on all my Anthem cruises but i booked it as soon as booking was available. 

Not sure what the issue was but just wasn't there when we tried multiple times on the three sailings that we had access to CK on Anthem.  Funny thing is that the other person who said they can do it all the time was also a Pinnacle like you.  There was a thread about it and others couldn't book it on Anthem either and this one poster could.  Hopefully, we will have Anthem back in Bayonne someday so we can try to book CK online again. 🙂 

• Like 2

On 7/14/2020 at 12:06 AM, knots4crewzing said:

Thank You

I always book a junior suite and have always gone to Coastal for dinner

• Like 1

On 7/14/2020 at 11:42 AM, reallyitsmema said:

I was on the Anthem in November in a junior suite and could no longer book on line which I have done on past cruises.  I boarded and went straight to coastal to reserve a set time for the entire week.

On 7/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Cruise a holic said:

For dinner only, but you must have a reservation.  You might not get the time you want however.  If early, typically no problem.  

Who knows what post covid will look like or what rules might be in place.

Agree about post-COVID19

On 7/14/2020 at 12:05 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Not sure what the issue was but just wasn't there when we tried multiple times on the three sailings that we had access to CK on Anthem.  Funny thing is that the other person who said they can do it all the time was also a Pinnacle like you.  There was a thread about it and others couldn't book it on Anthem either and this one poster could.  Hopefully, we will have Anthem back in Bayonne someday so we can try to book CK online again. 🙂 

actually, we prefer the oasis to the anthem   IMO layout of the ship nicer so we are happy to welcome the oasis to bayonne this summer.  assuming we can sail!

Edited by Cruise a holic

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

actually, we prefer the oasis to the anthem   IMO layout of the ship nicer so we are happy to welcome the oasis to bayonne this summer.  assuming we can sail!

We prefer Oasis class ships too but we find the CK experience to be superior on Anthem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we didn’t like it on quantum   the location was next to the buffet   Since we are in suites, we like the location attached to the suite lounge  We enjoy drinks in the lounge then dinner  

we never were on the Anthem so perhaps a better location 

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1

Yes, we visited it many times for dinner while on the Anthem, and cruising in a Junior Suite.  We had the Diamond Lounge Concierge make our reservations.  If your not C&A Diamond or above, just go by the desk outside the Coastal Kitchen and make your own reservations by showing your stateroom card.