Expect more Cancellations for rest of the year.

Cruiseboy06

We scheduled our cabin on the Radiance back in September 2019 with a final payment due September 7, 2020.  When Carnival reassigned us to the Breeze and downsized our cabin from a GS to an OS, it was less money, but Carnival wanted some money immediately.  Then when I called they said that I could just pay my trip insurance fee (I payed that at time of booking) with my final payment (no way).  1 hour 20 minutes later, nothing due then, trip insurance was covered, BUT my final payment date CHANGED from my September date to the 3rd week in August.  I figure that the next round cancelling this cruise will be the first of September and Carnival just wanted to make sure they had my final payment because I had planned to hold off until 2 days prior to that date in September before paying.  

You would think if logic were the main criteria.  But Princess also has the PR issue of being in the news for having "Corona Virus Ships."   They will wait for other lines to open sucessfully before they start, jut to not be "that" cruiseline again.
Exactly... they don't want to be in the news for that again for damn sure.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Forums mobile app

Just read this, this morning-

Carnival stated in the 8-K. Wednesday's disclosure comes a week after Carnival said it was extending its sailing pause in some regions, including Asia, South America, the California coast, Hawaii and Mexico, through Dec. 15.

So my B2B to Mexico for the Day of the Dead, will be taken away too, and monies paid will go to a couple of future cruises that we have.

• Like 1

Well, October is still bookable on the website, and that's usually the first indicator. In the past, they've unlisted the bookings several days before any official announcement. As of right now, you can still book my Oct. 3rd cruse on Panorama. We're 65 days out... 

26 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Well, October is still bookable on the website, and that's usually the first indicator. In the past, they've unlisted the bookings several days before any official announcement. As of right now, you can still book my Oct. 3rd cruse on Panorama. We're 65 days out... 

Just curious, and you still believe October is a go? NCL has already cancelled and Donald has stated Carnival isn't in any hurry to sail.

NCL and RCI have formed a panel of experts, Carnival isn't part of that.

i understand optimism however realtity is sneaking in that cruising in 2020 will be nothing short of a miracle.

• Thanks 1

Not really. But I have a tiny bit more hope than before when Carnival cancelled almost all of it's cruises a week or so ago, but Panorama was still intact. It makes me feel like they were hoping to continue with the October Panorama cruises, at least as of last week. Otherwise, they would have just cancelled those like all of the other sailings. 

I gave up on waiting for the notice, and moved by Oct. 31 cruise to April, 2021.  Just tired of dealing with all the cancellations.  The cost to move the cruise was less than $7.  I was able to keep my OBC from the original cancellation, so I am a happy and less stressed camper.  

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 5:00 PM, johnboy036 said:
  • I fully expect to have more cancellations but remain hopeful as I have a cruise in mid October on the Magic. It's a rebook of a July cruise that was originally booked in May at a "to good to be true" price. If the cruise goes in October, I will happily go as I would rather "die when I am living than live when I am dead." Truth be told though that is unlikely (dying even if I get sick) as the true mortality rate will be around .2 to .4% when it's all said and done and 80%+ are those over 65 with underlying health conditions, so I feel safe to go about living life and cruising.  If the cancellations continue, and they probably will, I will transfer the money and OBC (I just paid my final payment for October) to a premier cruise I just booked next June sailing out of Australia.  

So you are in the cull the herd good riddance to 1500+ people a day camp.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Carnival stated in the 8-K. Wednesday's disclosure comes a week after Carnival said it was extending its sailing pause in some regions, including Asia, South America, the California coast, Hawaii and Mexico, through Dec. 15.

So my B2B to Mexico for the Day of the Dead, will be taken away too, and monies paid will go to a couple of future cruises that we have.

can you provide a link for it?  This is my first time hearing this...

9 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

can you provide a link for it?  This is my first time hearing this...

Sorry, I read it on the Yahoo News page-not through Carnival, It was in an article about "when will cruisers cruise again."  And since it was not relevant entirely to Carnival I didn't post the link, just the quote.  Carnival ,of course will wait till about mid August to tell us, the patrons.

On 7/30/2020 at 7:12 AM, marshhawk said:

Princess is the only Carnival brand that I have seen pausing Most cruises until Dec 15.

The July 29 8-K mentions two more ships with no indication as to brand. It does mention "the actual amount of the charges has not yet been finalized, we expect the aggregate impairment charge to be in the range of $600 million to $650 million."

I'm not sure they could justify Fantasy class ships being a $300 million write off per.

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Have you read anything on this forum that isn't a guess?

Lol true and city of Rumorville    Lately city of Rumorville has been right about guessing lol like Fantasy was going to be scraped.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Lol true and city of Rumorville    Lately city of Rumorville has been right about guessing lol like Fantasy was going to be scraped.   

I would imagine that all cruise ships have their barnacles scraped, but not all cruise ships get scrapped.

2 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Edited by BlerkOne