Refunds on items other than direct cruise fare

My cruise was cancelled. I received my FCC on the original cruise fare. However, I have not heard a word about a refund for my gratuities, vacation protection plan and my taxes, fees and port expenses. It's been over a month now. Is the refund taking much longer than the FCC or do I have a problem?

Thanks

I lifted and shifted our June 21 cruise on May 21, and STILL have not received credit back from our drink packages, shore excursions or lunch that we purchased.  Am on the phone with them now.  It's taking a while.  I feel bad for these customer service reps, and hope to get this resolved.  I would be ok with them just lifting and shifting these purchases, but they didn't offer that as an option....so I wait.  

Also, keep tracks of the amounts you spent. You may get random refunds. Say your payments are $356 taxes, $227 Port fees, $775 drink package for a total of $1358. You may see refunds of $27.32, $132.67, $12.33, $311.25, etc. until it is all refunded. The refund amounts sometimes make no correlation to the payment amounts.

2 hours ago, lynnemac said:

My cruise was cancelled. I received my FCC on the original cruise fare. However, I have not heard a word about a refund for my gratuities, vacation protection plan and my taxes, fees and port expenses. It's been over a month now. Is the refund taking much longer than the FCC or do I have a problem?

Thanks

We did the L&S on May 13th.  We let Royal cancel the cruise planner purchases. Received our credit back to the charge card about 3 weeks ago. It is slow but eventually it will show up. 

I had a cruise on the Indy Nov 5th that we moved to Symphony in May 2021. I cancelled my Nov 5th Cruise Planner purchases on August 2nd and our CC was refunded on August 5th. Sometimes they are quick. Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

7 hours ago, bigrednole said:

Also, keep tracks of the amounts you spent. You may get random refunds. Say your payments are $356 taxes, $227 Port fees, $775 drink package for a total of $1358. You may see refunds of $27.32, $132.67, $12.33, $311.25, etc. until it is all refunded. The refund amounts sometimes make no correlation to the payment amounts.

Maybe that's why it takes so long for a refund. They have some make shift accounting system. It must have something to do with their fake sale pricing.

I Lifted and Shifted our October cruise on May 10. I called RCCL on July 30 to ask about the two shore excursions that had not been refunded yet. I had the confirmation email for the cancellation of those excursions in front of me when I called. The rep checked the info, then went to check with Resolutions. When she came back, she apologized and said they had dropped the ball, that I should have already gotten my refunds, and they would expedite the refund for me. I was glad I had taken the time to gather and review all of the information pertaining to my cancelled excursions, as it was a great help in getting to the bottom of why I had not received my refunds.

My refunds posted to my credit card until today, not even as pending. However, they were dated August 1. I had been checking daily, sometimes several times each day since I called, so I’m positive they weren’t there until today. They did not show up on my statement which closed on August 6. I expect that delay was from my credit card company, not Royal Caribbean. 

I really appreciated the rep’s honesty regarding the delay in my refund. I’m glad I called. I’m glad to finally have our money refunded. I truly hope that by September 2021 we’ll all be back to cruising again!

Hi. We are about 90 days out on refund from cruise planner purchases on a L&S. Since the reservation was originally booked with TA, should I check with them or directly with Royal?

related, since we will spend the same on our new cruise (drink package) and already paid the cc bill, can we request obc?

My cruise was booked with a big box TA, but since I booked my excursions myself on the Royal website, I just called Royal directly. They had no problem skipping the TA and dealing with me in this case. It helped that I had my cancellation email that I received after my TA did my L&S for me. 

I don’t know about requesting OBC. I wanted my refund. I will spend more than the amount of my refund on that credit card during this month’s billing cycle anyway, so it’s that much less we will have to pay out this month for our bill to be paid in full.

Received in full drink package refunds yesterday for Allure cruise that should have set sail last Sunday.

Lifted and shifted the cruise that should have departed from Barcelona last Sunday to Harmony for next year.

Although obviously disappointed the cruise did not set sail I fully understand and obviously accept the reasoning behind it.

The lift and shift process and refund service have both been excellent.

On 8/11/2020 at 7:00 PM, DandDM said:

Hi. We are about 90 days out on refund from cruise planner purchases on a L&S. Since the reservation was originally booked with TA, should I check with them or directly with Royal?

related, since we will spend the same on our new cruise (drink package) and already paid the cc bill, can we request obc?

Hi folks. Wanted to share my phone call as it was not what I expected. Waited about 100 days, so figured I was patient enough. 

Ended up calling my TA, figured they could do the work on this. First response was that the drink package I had purchased for the original cruse had shifted to the new cruise. I questioned this as I had the cancellation receipt, it's not showing on my cruise planner for the new cruise, and I haven't heard of this happening for anyone else. So they looked more and said that it wasn't actually the drink package, but I had a 'credit' on my new booking. Again I questioned this as I couldn't see anything that showed that I had a credit...however I would be fine with that solution if it was legit. So I requested an email that cleared showed the credit before I got off the phone. After a bit of back and forth (and references to amounts that were different than the original amount) they decided that they couldn't send an email.  At that point I requested they refund the money and they said it would be back on the card in 7 - 10 days.

I don't know if I got the 'run around' that others have experienced, or if there was something else going on, but glad I finally called!

Cheers,