Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 8/27/2022 at 4:59 PM, BenCoudon said:

Im' surprised that no one is commenting on Simon's suit.  A black suit..  a black shirt... a black tie... with a black guy!!!!  Really   ..........  

So, you are saying if he was white his outfit would be ok? Dude looked awesome.

Edited by Teacherloves2Cruise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, BenCoudon said:

Im' surprised that no one is commenting on Simon's suit.  A black suit..  a black shirt... a black tie... with a black guy!!!!  Really   ..........  

Sounds like a song by Rancid. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Apparently the big daybeds are what they are calling Cabanas. Nothing I would be willing to pay extra for.

I've been assured that everything on deck 8 is first come, first serve. The cabanas everyone's clamoring for are inside the Vibe Beach Club and require an access pass and reservation. Not sure if reservations are free or if it says $0 because it's too early for us to book for our specific cruise.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 01.38.35.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 01.38.05.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 01.47.32.png

4 minutes ago, UrsulaStan said:

I've been assured that everything on deck 8 is first come, first serve. The cabanas everyone's clamoring for are inside the Vibe Beach Club and require an access pass and reservation. Not sure if reservations are free or if it says $0 because it's too early for us to book for our specific cruise.

But are those pictures on Prima??? Every video I have seen from Prima Vibe hasn't shown anything close to this.

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

@steamboats  Questions for you as you are on the ship: 

1.Is there any sections of the ship that is not yet available (work not completed),

2. Have you seen glitches of stuff malfunctionning?

3. Have you seen shipyard crew fixing things up on the ship?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, golden6911 said:

I don't know that the vibe will be worth it on an August Norway/Iceland cruise - don't think I will be sitting outside enough to make it worth it, but I would jump on it for a warmer cruise for sure. 

Same here, but for a different reason.  Ours is a port-intensive one -- not sure we ever have a full day at sea -- so its use would be very limited.

For those with questions about a specialty dining option on the MDR, here is a video on Hudson's which shows the menu for two different days.  There appears to be one selection that changes daily from a specialty restaurant that comes with a charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, UrsulaStan said:

I've been checking periodically on the app for available onboard bookings but it has always stated "Not available to book." I asked NCL about this and they show the same from their end. I'd like to check out Vibe (at least one day). I'm on Prima in November.

I booked Bliss for April '23 and even though that's several months out from now, it seems Bliss is showing the same thing as Prima. Is this now solely booked online or can you go to the service desk upon embarkation?

19 hours ago, kessdarln said:

I thought the menu would have some specialty items for an upcharge that could be ordered in the MDR.  You and Ben are probably correct, maybe it was just some items,  Beef Wellington sounds yummy! 

Looks like it’s one item per evening from the video I just saw.  $15/plate from one of the specialties. Interesting. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

Surfside Café is compareably  small so they open up Food Republic and the Palomar (outside seating) when it's pretty busy.

Dry slides are not dangerous as you are covered by a mat.

steamboats 

that is something i thougt, at the Jade for example they opened at my cruise  the italian restaurant to sit down.

was it busy at your tour? how many paxe are at your tour? less then 50-60%?

3 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I've been checking periodically on the app for available onboard bookings but it has always stated "Not available to book." I asked NCL about this and they show the same from their end. I'd like to check out Vibe (at least one day). I'm on Prima in November.

I booked Bliss for April '23 and even though that's several months out from now, it seems Bliss is showing the same thing as Prima. Is this now solely booked online or can you go to the service desk upon embarkation?

I purchased Vibe passes for Prima in December a couple of weeks ago.  If you see 'not available' for November I'd guess they are already sold out.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

I purchased Vibe passes for Prima in December a couple of weeks ago.  If you see 'not available' for November I'd guess they are already sold out.

Yeah, on my cruise in Jan it's still available 

Extensive walk through of the Prima Haven.  Very spread out and large.  However it does not have the upscale feel as other NCL ships.  It fits right in with all the other upgrades of the ship which are all nice.  Having a Haven poolside bar is HUGE. Finally!!!!!!

The main dining room looks nicer or just as nice as the Haven IMHO.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Extensive walk through of the Prima Haven.  Very spread out and large.  However it does not have the upscale feel as other NCL ships.  It fits right in with all the other upgrades of the ship which are all nice.  Having a Haven poolside bar is HUGE. Finally!!!!!!

The main dining room looks nicer or just as nice as the Haven IMHO.

Enjoyed the video along with all the others.  It's fun and interesting to see this evolution of NCL.  I agree with your comments on the Haven.  It has a very residential feel to it, like the rest of PRIMA and many other new ships.  It's the trend today for sure.  While not as elegant feeling, I guess stylish is the word.  The Haven DR is a bit meh IMO and I agree that Hudson's MDR is much more appealing (to me at least).  The menus don't rotate in the Haven DR either so hopefully they are fairly extensive.  The outdoor areas look lovely and of course they are getting the prime deck areas on the ship.  I have concerns how the gen pop deck areas will hold up on a full capacity Caribbean sailing.  One thing I don't like about NCL is being forced to buy an overpriced (my opinion) Vibe pass to get a decent deck chair in a quiet area with bar service.  It appears it will be no different with this class of ship. 

Back to the Haven, since the cabins are fairly spread out on multiple decks (although aft), are the cabin corridors on each deck key-card access only, or open to all to walk through?  I do see the Haven has its own small elevator bank and I assume these are key-card access only. 

Edited by eroller