Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

45 minutes ago, eroller said:

Enjoyed the video along with all the others.  It's fun and interesting to see this evolution of NCL.  I agree with your comments on the Haven.  It has a very residential feel to it, like the rest of PRIMA and many other new ships.  It's the trend today for sure.  While not as elegant feeling, I guess stylish is the word.  The Haven DR is a bit meh IMO and I agree that Hudson's MDR is much more appealing (to me at least).  The menus don't rotate in the Haven DR either so hopefully they are fairly extensive.  The outdoor areas look lovely and of course they are getting the prime deck areas on the ship.  I have concerns how the gen pop deck areas will hold up on a full capacity Caribbean sailing.  One thing I don't like about NCL is being forced to buy an overpriced (my opinion) Vibe pass to get a decent deck chair in a quiet area with bar service.  It appears it will be no different with this class of ship. 

Back to the Haven, since the cabins are fairly spread out on multiple decks (although aft), are the cabin corridors on each deck key-card access only, or open to all to walk through?  I do see the Haven has its own small elevator bank and I assume these are key-card access only. 

Good comments but I've never found Vibe to be overpriced; we purchase a cabin that meets our needs,  specialty dining all week, and purchase upgraded drink package.  Toss in Vibe and I get a pretty good bang for my buck experience.  I don't compare it to Haven because I'm sure the Haven experience is extraordinary and better than the choices I just listed;. I'm just a bit more cost conscious and enjoy the amenities listed.  

37 minutes ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Good comments but I've never found Vibe to be overpriced; we purchase a cabin that meets our needs,  specialty dining all week, and purchase upgraded drink package.  Toss in Vibe and I get a pretty good bang for my buck experience.  I don't compare it to Haven because I'm sure the Haven experience is extraordinary and better than the choices I just listed;. I'm just a bit more cost conscious and enjoy the amenities listed.  

Like I mentioned, my opinion.  We all have our own value propositions.  

When I first purchased a Vibe pass on GETAWAY years ago I thought it was a great value and worth every penny.  On a much more recent BLISS cruise not so much.  

Frankly Celebrity is more suited to me these days. As I get older I prefer a Vibe style deck experience on the entire ship, without paying an extra dime.  This being said PRIMA is a ship I want to try.  Take away all the “attractions” and it reminds me a lot of Celebrity’s Edge Class.  

Edited by eroller

A quick observation about the cabins after watching a video tour of a balcony. Love the balcony and the comfy chairs....I did notice that there is no "coffee maker". That is going to be a disappointment to my heavy coffee drinker husband. I also did not see any ice buckets for the wife who loves icy drinks. Hmm. One other thing...if you want to make that bed 2 singles there is no room on each side to do that. You'd have to remove one of the side tables and even at that there would not be much room in between the beds. Otherwise, this balcony room is a pleasant upgrade to most I've ever been on. Love the color scheme.

2 hours ago, eroller said:

Back to the Haven, since the cabins are fairly spread out on multiple decks (although aft), are the cabin corridors on each deck key-card access only, or open to all to walk through?  I do see the Haven has its own small elevator bank and I assume these are key-card access only. 

I'm assuming each floor with Haven cabins will be key card access only where I marked it in red.

image.thumb.png.a6038baba603cae158be27f8e2cba82d.png

42 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I take that back... might depend on the deck. Deck 11 has a mix of Haven and non-Haven rooms in the aft so they can't restrict that deck to Haven only.

Thanks for the response.  Makes me wonder if the Haven will be more “in your face” on this ship to non-Haven guests.  It seems to be much larger, more spread out, and in more prominent areas of the ship.  I think part of the success of the Haven on previous ships was that it was fairly discrete, and those not in the Haven could easily be quite oblivious to it.  

57 minutes ago, eroller said:

Thanks for the response.  Makes me wonder if the Haven will be more “in your face” on this ship to non-Haven guests.  It seems to be much larger, more spread out, and in more prominent areas of the ship.  I think part of the success of the Haven on previous ships was that it was fairly discrete, and those not in the Haven could easily be quite oblivious to it.  

I don't recall there being anything too special about the corridor or Haven rooms from the outside, so I don't think it would be evident to anyone just passing by if a room is Haven or not.  From what I have seen the Haven public areas are no more prominent than on other ships.

59 minutes ago, eroller said:

I have not been on all ships but on several big ships, not all haven suites are within the confined Haven area.  On the Getaway, I had a Haven spa suite that was on the same area that many other spa suites.  You also have the aft facing Haven suites that are at the opposite side of the Haven (located at the front).  Your key card gives you access to the restricted area which is the Haven lounge, the Haven restaurant, the Haven courtyard and sundeck.  So it is not rare that Haven suites are located in the non-restricted area.  But they are identified as Haven and you get your butler   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eroller said:

Like I mentioned, my opinion.  We all have our own value propositions.  

When I first purchased a Vibe pass on GETAWAY years ago I thought it was a great value and worth every penny.  On a much more recent BLISS cruise not so much.  

Frankly Celebrity is more suited to me these days. As I get older I prefer a Vibe style deck experience on the entire ship, without paying an extra dime.  This being said PRIMA is a ship I want to try.  Take away all the “attractions” and it reminds me a lot of Celebrity’s Edge Class.  

Great comments.  I'm going on my first Celebrity cruise this New Years.  I'll keep your feedback and comments in mind!  Appreciate your response!  

• Like 1

As Prima is nearing the Dutch shoreline, before mooring Amsterdam I saw she’s still showing a 3:30am departure so I won’t be waving farewell but dreaming of her sounding her horn when setting off I guess :classic_laugh:

I will be catching up on all what was posted when we get home. She seems beautiful and well received in all the comments!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, eroller said:

Enjoyed the video along with all the others.  It's fun and interesting to see this evolution of NCL.  I agree with your comments on the Haven.  It has a very residential feel to it, like the rest of PRIMA and many other new ships.  It's the trend today for sure.  While not as elegant feeling, I guess stylish is the word.  The Haven DR is a bit meh IMO and I agree that Hudson's MDR is much more appealing (to me at least).  The menus don't rotate in the Haven DR either so hopefully they are fairly extensive.  The outdoor areas look lovely and of course they are getting the prime deck areas on the ship.  I have concerns how the gen pop deck areas will hold up on a full capacity Caribbean sailing.  One thing I don't like about NCL is being forced to buy an overpriced (my opinion) Vibe pass to get a decent deck chair in a quiet area with bar service.  It appears it will be no different with this class of ship. 

Decks 12 and up aft Haven rooms are enclave.  Any below not yet there is Haven elevator aft.

4 minutes ago, kessdarln said:

Is it just me or does this Haven not have the same “luxurious” feel that some of the ones on the breakaway class ships do? Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice…just a different feel to someone of the others I’ve experienced.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Is it just me or does this Haven not have the same “luxurious” feel that some of the ones on the breakaway class ships do? Don’t get me wrong, it’s very nice…just a different feel to someone of the others I’ve experienced.

It has a more "residential" vibe which is the design trend these days.  You're seeing much more of this even in upscale hotel chains like Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons.  As usual, cruise ships often follow design trends that have already started on land. 

• Like 5

On 8/31/2022 at 3:33 PM, BenCoudon said:

@steamboats  Questions for you as you are on the ship: 

1.Is there any sections of the ship that is not yet available (work not completed),

2. Have you seen glitches of stuff malfunctionning?

3. Have you seen shipyard crew fixing things up on the ship?

The Squok Club was not available but not because it wasn´t ready. It was used as storage.

Some stuff might not really work. So when you press the button in the Infinity Pool nothing happens. There was no under water massage in the Thalassotherapy Pool in the Spa. The Spa is missing hooks for towels / bathrobes. But all were minor glitches.

I was told that there were about 100 workers still onboard for the last finishings but you hardly saw them.

steamboats

On 8/30/2022 at 8:47 PM, Steff79 said:

that is the NCL premium, pay for everything extra 😉

so you pay a lot and you can feel special.

but a new feature for the guests today was free, a huge waterfall from Deck 17/16 to the Deck 8 outdoor lounge while leaving Cobh at a sharp turn. hope everyone is ok.

here not to see:

Yep, this was fun... The folks on the Haven Sundeck were standing in water - ankle high. The Haven infinity pool emptied when the ship did that sharp turn.

steamboats

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/31/2022 at 7:56 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Any idea what the current occupancy level of the ship is - much lower than capacity I'm guessing?

Tom

We started out with 2,600 pax.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, looneyric said:

Looks like it’s one item per evening from the video I just saw.  $15/plate from one of the specialties. Interesting. 

Yes, that´s correct, one changing item from a specialty dining restaurant for 15 USD.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:45 PM, Dejlig Ko said:

In the photos and videos of Prima balcony rooms I don’t see a coffeemaker.  Always loved NCL had them in balcony and above staterooms. 

There was a sign in our balcony cabin that coffee makers are available upon request.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:55 PM, Steff79 said:

was it busy at your tour? how many paxe are at your tour? less then 50-60%?

Surfside Café was pretty  busy during our trip. We started out with 2,600 pax. Some left in Cobh and Portland. In Le Havre the monitor said something about 1,900 and something pax.

As for the Vibe Beach Club - there are no cabanas. The Vibe Bar will be open for everyone in the evening (not sure about the time). There you get nice non alcoholic cocktails and cocktails with low alcohol.

As for the bottled cocktails or cocktails on tap: Both are made onboard fresh. So the bottled cocktails are made daily according to Craig at the Whiskey Bar. And the kegs with the on tap cocktails are also mixed onboard. Cowboy is at the Metropolitan Bar mixing the sustainable cocktails.

steamboats

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1