Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

44 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I was looking to book the Prima for sometime in 2023 and to my surprise, they are only offering cruises for Nov and Dec this year, nothing further. Every other ship from Florida is available.

Prima will do a few cruises from Miami in Nov/Dec 2022 before moving to Port Canaveral from Dec 2022 through March 2023. After that she relocates to Europe for summer of 2023, then will homeport in Galveston for fall 2023 through spring 2024 before heading back to Europe in summer of 2024. 

Viva will launch in Europe in summer 2023 and then homeport in San Juan for fall 2023 through spring 2024 before heading back to Europe in summer 2024.

Neither ship will have any sailings from a Florida port in fall 2023 through spring 2024.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

3 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Looking good, but I find it hard to believe that this ship will be complete for handover in 6 months time. 🤔

Having done new builds and dry docks you would be AMAZED what can be accomplished overnight on a ship.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Looking good, but I find it hard to believe that this ship will be complete for handover in 6 months time. 🤔

If you consider where the Mayer Werft ships were 6 months out then you will see what can be done in that time. The whole construction process of those ships only took about a year and at six months out they were way behind this.

After following those builds I have consistently been surprised how far progressed the Prima is.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I haven't seen anything about Viva's funnel, I would assume both will be the same?

The diamond square maze around the funnel is actually a metal structure. Some pics of it being transported on the yard in this thread around fall last year. I can't imagine being it all made from just LED tubes if that's what you mean?

What happens is that we have no reference to the PRIMA at night...so what I am commenting on is just an observation, but the truth is that it looks beautiful, in all its effects.

8 hours ago, AlanRRT said:

I was looking at Viva's cruises, there is one eight day cruise, all the rest are longer.  Not one typical seven day cruise.  Not that I'm complaining, I'm just wondering what NCL has in mind.

There are many 7 day cruises from San Juan in Dec 2023-Mar 2024.

1 hour ago, AlanRRT said:

You're right, I missed that.  The one exception to the longer cruises on the Viva.

Europe 23-24 will have 7 day cruises from Barcelona/Rome, Venice and Athens as normal. They just won’t be on Prima/Viva, which is also normal for NCL as they usually do not put their newest ships on the 7 day European sailings. Let’s talk about how many years the EPIC has been on the Barcelona/Rome rotation!!!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Hey, for summer 2024 she’s being replace by the the Escape so that’s something at least!

SWEET! Haven't looked into the new releases due to work. Somehow I like Escape the most of all BA+ and to be honest of BA too (who said okay to those awful small balconies?). But I am becoming quite the non-NCL cruiser at this moment heh, so to keep my NCL game up a bit I probably need to cruise on Leo #3 in 2024. But with Escape as a backup when rates and airfares are at pleasant levels, together with the Dutch weather with unpleasant forecasts to allow for a quick Med getaway! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, coastcat said:

Ask and ye shall receive, at least on the newer ships. On Joy and Encore, the Garden Cafe is enclosed by windows so the noise doesn't drift down into the Observation Lounge. 

248 days until the Prima transatlantic and the deck plans continue to feature swaths of unknown territory. Come on NCL, release a little more info, please!

wonderful to hear as I on the Encore in Alaska this year, and Panama Canal next year.

thanks for letting me know this improvement. 

23 hours ago, Drews_Cruise said:

Sorry to quite you again, but I thought I'd just do some research on previous ships to compare where they were up to at this point.

From the Everything Escape thread, this post was made at a similar time before the first cruise:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1937580-everything-escape-live-29-oct-2015/?do=findComment&comment=44647249

There was also this video linked on the same thread. It was a couple of months earlier, but it shows how much further ahead the structure of the Prima is compared to other ships. Prima was way ahead of this point over a year out:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahh, the Meyer Werft :classic_love:

Remember the days: Their webcams, the constant flow of visitor gallery photos on social media, the high quality movies of German ship enthusiasts with each float out, the Ems river conveyances, etc. etc.

And now we are stuck with those Italians..! :classic_laugh: 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2