Imagination on it's way to Curacao

jerseyjjs

42 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

The Imagination was the only Fantasy Class ship that we hadn't sailed on yet. Had a cruise booked on her for October 2021, so we missed our chance. ☹

You should have done a B2B2B last year when you were out in Long Beach for your Hawaii trip.

I guess technically that would have been a side2side2side. 😜

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

You should have done a B2B2B last year when you were out in Long Beach for your Hawaii trip.

I guess technically that would have been a side2side2side. 😜

If I knew then what I do now we would have! 🤗

2 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Well, it's not confirmed. Still rumored but extremely likely at this point.

It's just one blog copying another blog who copied Cruise Critic who saw the data on MarineTraffic.

The cruise line is still in possession of the ship.

I've taken four cruises on her from 2006-2011 (tied with NCL Escape as far as my most-sailed ship is concerned), so this is a major bummer. While she may have not had all the bells and whistles of some larger ships, let alone some of her Fantasy-class sisters, I enjoyed the combined 16 nights I've spent on her! 

2 minutes ago, Amadawn1 said:

I'm bothered by 2020.  I have hope and five cruises scheduled and re-scheduled for 2021.

I’ve had several vacations canceled this year but they simply weren’t meant to me. Only a couple cruises but mostly land vacations. No worries though — they’ll be replaced by other opportunities or simply postponed. It happens.

8 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I’ve had several vacations canceled this year but they simply weren’t meant to me. Only a couple cruises but mostly land vacations. No worries though — they’ll be replaced by other opportunities or simply postponed. It happens.

What do you think about cross country travel? I mean, I am sure most of them (or even all of your vacations) were cancelled due to the fact that they were involving lots of people gathering in once place, but you could always travel somewhere where there would be much less people or no people at all. Some grand canyon visit thing or something 

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

What do you think about cross country travel? I mean, I am sure most of them (or even all of your vacations) were cancelled due to the fact that they were involving lots of people gathering in once place, but you could always travel somewhere where there would be much less people or no people at all. Some grand canyon visit thing or something 

As sad as it sounds, I try to avoid traveling within the United States. If I’m in the country, I’m expected to answer the phone when it rings. As I live where people vacation, I try to go as remote as I can. Domestically, the hotel options don’t cooperate to allow that based on my preferences.

It’s actually one of the major appeals for me when referencing the cruise industry.

Edited by xDisconnections

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

As sad as it sounds, I try to avoid traveling within the United States. If I’m in the country, I’m expected to answer the phone when it rings. As I live where people vacation, I try to go as remote as I can. Domestically, the hotel options don’t cooperate to allow that based on my preferences.

It’s actually one of the major appeals for me when referencing the cruise industry.

Then why dont you just take a plane and fly somewhere far? Some island in the ocean or maybe a less populated country with not much to do in it? (like Sweden or Finland lol). I mean I understand that cruising is very fun on its own and allows you to visit a variety if different places.. but still. 

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Then why dont you just take a plane and fly somewhere far? Some island in the ocean or maybe a less populated country with not much to do in it? (like Sweden or Finland lol). I mean I understand that cruising is very fun on its own and allows you to visit a variety if different places.. but still. 

International travel is somewhat restrictive right now and I’m not fond of staying at luxury brands with a motel experience due to franchise owners trying to save on labor.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:48 AM, Roger88 said:

Last I looked, for tourist travel there were about a dozen countries in the world that let you in with a US passport - another thirty with restrictions like mandatory quarantines, and everyone else was "stay home".  Sweden and Finland included.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/us-international-travel-covid-19/index.html

Open: Albania, Belarus, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Kosovo, Maldives, Mexico, North Macedonia, Serbia, Tunisia, Turkey