Governor Just Opened Florida

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am booked on that cruise.  The most I think will happen is that it will be shortened to three or four nights, sailing only to Coco Cay.  As a retired Floridian living close to the port, I would definitely be on the ship.

Nov 8 is too soon. Just not enough time for the CDC to approve the cruise lines health plans, get crew back, and get the ships ready.

3 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I am booked on that cruise.  The most I think will happen is that it will be shortened to three or four nights, sailing only to Coco Cay.  As a retired Floridian living close to the port, I would definitely be on the ship.

Is Coco Cay even admitting visitors from the US? 

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Nov 8 is too soon. Just not enough time for the CDC to approve the cruise lines health plans, get crew back, and get the ships ready.

It is six weeks away.  The cruise lines just might have plans they managed to keep private, something on the level of just one or two ships initially, manned with crew members gathered from other ships rather than bringing them here from their home countries.  The resumption of cruising probably means more to them than it does to us, and I am sure they have more than one plan in place.  Here’s hoping they surprise us!

15 minutes ago, kuhne said:

what chances do you see for this nov 8, 2020 cruise in the harmony actually happening

port canaveral

cococay

st thomas

St kitts

back to canaveral.

according to Royal it’s still on, logic and common sense say it can’t. 

I think there is zero chance of any cruise happening from US this year.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

oh, me, wife and two kids were going, still booked and checked in but I’m almost certain you and me won’t be cruising. 

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I think there is zero chance of any cruise happening from US this year.

so you would advise me to go for that Airbnb deal I found ? My fear is we decide to to Airbnb then the cruise happens so I get no refund, rather cruise credit. 

6 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

No, cruise ships are currently off limits to the Bahamas.

Do you think there is a possibility that they would open Coco Cay if no locals were involved,  just the limited experience that could be provided by crew from the ship working on the island?

Just now, kuhne said:

so you would advise me to go for that Airbnb deal I found ? My fear is we decide to to Airbnb then the cruise happens so I get no refund, rather cruise credit. 

Only you know your full circumstances.  We can't travel many places as it requires a two week quarantine once we return, so we are staying put.  I would look at your total picture and make a decision.  I just don't see ships sailing.

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Only you know your full circumstances.  We can't travel many places as it requires a two week quarantine once we return, so we are staying put.  I would look at your total picture and make a decision.  I just don't see ships sailing.

Quarantine is adviced but not obligatory when traveling back home (impossible to enforce anyway) but the last time I traveled to Texas by plane in June I did stay inside for about 10 days until I finally had to go out for some stuff that couldn’t wait. I’ll quarantine for sure when I get back from my trip. My fear is that they would suddenly implement quarantine in Florida for tourists who are arriving. That would pretty much force me to cancel as I cannot add an extra 15 days to an already 17 day vacation 

Edited by kuhne

1 hour ago, cruising sister said:

Long term affects not isolated to those intubated . We have new guidelines for children over 12 who have had Covid -19 and fever greater than 5 days that they need a cardiac exam prior to returning to competitive sports. So it is not just the old!

That sounds like typical caution

17 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Do you think there is a possibility that they would open Coco Cay if no locals were involved,  just the limited experience that could be provided by crew from the ship working on the island?

I am sure they are trying to negotiate that but have no idea where they are at with it. Right now the island badly wants hotel tourism up and running by the holidays. I think cruise ships may have to wait a bit.

9 minutes ago, kuhne said:

Quarantine is adviced but not obligatory when traveling back home (impossible to enforce anyway) but the last time I traveled to Texas by plane in June I did stay inside for about 10 days until I finally had to go out for some stuff that couldn’t wait. I’ll quarantine for sure when I get back from my trip. My fear is that they would suddenly implement quarantine in Florida for tourists who are arriving. That would pretty much force me to cancel as I cannot add an extra 15 days to an already 17 day vacation 

The company my husband works for will enforce a two week quarantine if we travel out of state.  They put the policy in place in early March, prior to cruising stopping, and have not waivered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

The company my husband works for will enforce a two week quarantine if we travel out of state.  They put the policy in place in early March, prior to cruising stopping, and have not waivered.

Just don't tell them you are traveling out of state. Tell them you going to paint your house or something like that. Leave your cell phone at home. Use an old one without service for pictures and wireless internet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Just don't tell them you are traveling out of state. Tell them you going to paint your house or something like that. Leave your cell phone at home. Use an old one without service for pictures and wireless internet.

Lol  He has a work cell phone and a personal one, so that is not an issue.  He is Director of Quality and has to go into a clean room many times during the day.  He is not going to contaminate the area and shut down production if he were to get sick.

3 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Except the bars are still closed 

Don't know how you socially distance or spatially dance in a night club. Let alone drink while wearing a mask. Many Bars & Nightclubs in Texas made quite the splash on the news due to Covid rules violations.

Edited by flyguyjake

16 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

We rarely do EKG‘S  after viral infections with fever. So not typical at all. 

I meant typical csution because we dont know yet. 

BTW, I saw a home EKG device for your smart phone. $99

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, flyguyjake said:

Don't know how you socially distance or spatially dance in a night club. Let alone drink while wearing a mask. Many Bars & Nightclubs in Texas made quite the splash on the news due to Covid rules violations.

Yes, that’s why they have been left out in the last 2 rounds of relaxing restrictions 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyguyjake said:

I guess you haven't heard of the "long term effects" of those that were otherwise healthy and under 50. Long term lung and heart damage, need for O2, glaucoma, shortness of breath. But sure you're not dead. Cheers!

This is what concerns me.  There is so little known about the long term effects of this virus.  This could potentially be a more significant problem later on.

• Like 5