Dreaded “You’re so close... Don’t lose your reservation! Just Popped Up!

ohiocruisemom

I’ve been checking my 28NOV sailing on Escape regularly and just now got the “You’re so close... Don’t lose you reservation now! Make Payment “ where I was seeing messages about upgrades.  This happened to us on our other two cruises right before NCL cancelled. 

We made final payment in April! This is what NCL does right before they cancel! 

28 minutes ago, ohiocruisemom said:

I’ve been checking my 28NOV sailing on Escape regularly and just now got the “You’re so close... Don’t lose you reservation now! Make Payment “ where I was seeing messages about upgrades.  This happened to us on our other two cruises right before NCL cancelled. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drsel said:
10 hours ago, ohiocruisemom said:

They need your interest free money

That seems to be a very odd business practice - why would they risk reputation by doing that?

We have had 2 cancelled cruises-March and October 2020.  This is the dreaded message that pops up right before a cancellation announcement (which causes confusion when you are paid in full).  Our January and March 2021 cruises are not showing this message.

Another sad thing is the cancelled cruise shows up on your NCL account until after the sailing date is completed.  Sigh...would have been on the Encore in 10 days.

3 hours ago, bmwman said:

A bad sign of what? 

It is caused by NCL moving all the money into holding accounts prior to canceling the itineraries.  Leaves the booking looking as if you haven't made payment on it.  That is so they can then do the mailing and handle each one with refund if chosen or FCC if not.  It's just how the IT works in their systems.  In the last couple rounds of cancellations we learned this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bmwman said:

That seems to be a very odd business practice - why would they risk reputation by doing that?

Yea, it's not a good business practice, at least in normal times.  Right now they are desperate and in survival mode.  Unfortunate for customers and the cruise line.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, drsel said:
13 hours ago, ohiocruisemom said:

They need your interest free money

LOL interest rates are about 1% right now.  That is not the issue.

2 hours ago, drsel said:
3 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

LOL interest rates are about 1% right now.  That is not the issue.

But Cruise lines are borrowing billions of dollars at very high interest rates of 12% per annum

Yes because their credit ratings are in the toilet.

2 hours ago, SpainAlien said:

Our 1st November on Epic is saying the same. We knew it was going to happen it is not a shock

We should have been disembarking from Epic today from our September cruise that was cancelled

Even though some November itineraries in USA may still have little chance to set sail, the 1st November sailing on Epic will definitely be cancelled. Epic will enter drydock on 8th November (if this schedule does not change). Surely they will not carry passengers for just one week and then go to maintenance again.

I am seeing the same message on my November 22 cruise on the Breakaway out New Orleans. 

We’re booked for the same cruise and I’m seeing the same thing. We were hoping for a Thanksgiving getaway (no pun intended). We knew when we made the final payment that there was a high likelihood that we were pre-paying our Jan 2022 9 day ABC islands cruise; looks like we will be using the additional 25% for OBC that would be used for a photo package and additional specialty dining nights.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Summerstravel said:

I am seeing the same message on my November 22 cruise on the Breakaway out New Orleans. 

I know I was looking forward to a Holiday get a way as well or should I say family get a way. I hate family dinners just to many questions for me about my mom's suicide and my marriage separation.  ( in the last couple years) I don't have children so I like to travel on the holidays.  Stay safe and may we cruise again... 

Tracie  

Just now, Summerstravel said:

I know I was looking forward to a Holiday get a way as well or should I say family get a way. I hate family dinners just to many questions for me about my mom's suicide and my marriage separation.  ( in the last couple years) I don't have children so I like to travel on the holidays.  Stay safe and may we cruise again... 

Tracie  

Tracie, here's a hug for you honey... I'm so sorry you had to go through that... 🤗 (((hugs)))

We will cruise again, patience Grasshopper 😉