Royal App shows my Nov 2 Sailing on Mariner as Cancelled

Confirmed that by checking too (you can see any sailing by choosing "Get more details on ships we support"  on the app).  Navigator still shows its going on on Nov 2.  Mariner does not.  Mariner does show Nov 13 as being on.     Harmony says its still on for Nov 1st out of PC, though.

Edited by atricks

1 minute ago, atricks said:

Confirmed that by checking too (you can see any sailing by choosing see other ships we support on the app).  Navigator still shows its going on on Nov 2.  Mariner does not.  Mariner does show Nov 13 as being on.     Harmony says its still on for Nov 1st out of PC, though.

The support person on Twitter swears the cruise is still scheduled to operate on Nov 2 and has not be cancelled. The most sensible explanation is that Royal Caribbean hates me and wants me to die of stress.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It would not surprise me since the Bahamas has stated that their ports would not be open until Phase 4 and Phase 3 only begins on Oct 15th.  NCL just cancelled all their sailings for November.  

And then there's the practical stuff - I've been searching and PCR test results seem to take 2 to 4 days to get the results, and good bet that doesn't include Saturday or Sunday. So if I have to fly to Orlando on a Monday to catch a Nov 2 sailing, how am I supposed to get a clear PCR test within 5 days of sailing?  I know there are instant tests but they aren't PCR and have a higher error rate (and PCR ain't great).

8 minutes ago, garywatson said:

And then there's the practical stuff - I've been searching and PCR test results seem to take 2 to 4 days to get the results, and good bet that doesn't include Saturday or Sunday. So if I have to fly to Orlando on a Monday to catch a Nov 2 sailing, how am I supposed to get a clear PCR test within 5 days of sailing?  I know there are instant tests but they aren't PCR and have a higher error rate (and PCR ain't great).

Yes that’s another hurdle.  I called RCI for a different sailing and asked for details regarding Covid testing and was told they are waiting on the CDC for directives.  

People believe this is RCL's fault, from a US perspective. This has nothing to do with RCL at all. It is 100% with the CDC and government. If you told RCL they could start sailing all ships from all ports tomorrow, they would be sailing. The issue is they have been given no guarantees for Nov 1. All they can do is assume Nov 1 is happening. They are stuck in the middle of having to staff ships and begin the processes of being able to board. That is an issue with the CDC.

I'm not sure that I would blame the CDC and the government.  If you read the last No-sail Extension from the CDC, it's apparent that they don't believe it's safe to resume cruising.  The CDC is doing it's job.  Just because we all want to cruise, doesn't make it safe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not sure that I would blame the CDC and the government.  If you read the last No-sail Extension from the CDC, it's apparent that they don't believe it's safe to resume cruising.  The CDC is doing it's job.  Just because we all want to cruise, doesn't make it safe.

Cdc just wants to shut everyone down period. Big brother.

Two top doctors in the field were interviewed last night and their opinion was protect the vulnerable, but shutting everyone down doesnt work. Look at Israel and uk, shutting down it still gets in and spreads. Of course wear masks and social distance, but shutting down the economy doesnt stop it. They were for developing herd immunity and getting out the vaccines. 

Not every doctor agrees with the cdc. Follow the science isnt as clear cut as shut it all down. Varying opinions exist. 

PS I get it, the vulnerable want to cruise and impossible to shut out some. They were talking about shutting down some businesses vs others. Letting kids go back to school. 

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not every doctor agrees with the cdc. 

So what makes the doctors that don't agree with the CDC correct?   I'm not a proponent of shutting everything down, we need to find a way to live with this virus until we find a vaccine or cure.   The world needs to do what's smart.  Unfortunately, cruising is a high risk activity and isn't ready to resume operations anytime soon. 

• Like 2

Just now, ipeeinthepool said:

So what makes the doctors that don't agree with the CDC correct?   I'm not a proponent of shutting everything down, we need to find a way to live with this virus until we find a vaccine or cure.   The world needs to do what's smart.  Unfortunately, cruising is a high risk activity and isn't ready to resume operations anytime soon. 

What makes the doctors at cdc right? I could ask it in reverse. Imo they shouldn't be in charge of cruising. Mames no sense they control cruising but it's ok to go to disney. It's all politics.

Just saying not every top doctor in the field agrees with things like shutting down schools. Cruises didnt come up. They believed protect those vulnerable and let the others get on with life. I do think cruises would be hard to do that as many cruisers are older. They werent talking about cruises, just people like faucci approach they say doesnt work. The virus still gets into the population. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What makes the doctors at cdc right? I could ask it in reverse. Imo they shouldn't be in charge of cruising. Mames no sense they control cruising but it's ok to go to disney. It's all politics.

There are plenty of differences.  Disney is largely outside.  You don't live at a theme park.  You typically don't have long exposure to any one person at Disney.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh Interesting!  I wonder if the app is more up to date than other sources. Thanks for letting us know. 

My best guess is some hapless app developer was told to prepare a screen for notification that a cruise is cancelled, but that some back-end system confusion is triggering the app to display it.  

• Thanks 1