Harmony vs Allure- rescheduling question

Hey everyone! We are on our third attempt to take our 1st RCCL cruise. We had been scheduled to go on Harmony in July, and then November so now we're trying to reschedule yet again for NEXT July (2021). The bummer is that Harmony is being moved from PC to Italy/Spain when we're looking to change our dates and Allure is being put in its place. Are we going to be missing out on a lot by taking that boat? If so we can still cancel and get a refund, but we have been so excited to try something new (we've been Carnival cruisers for a while). I know they are considered the same "class" (Learned that here!) but even still it seems like there's a lot of variance between ships. Oasis is up in NJ, and the itinerary is just too long for our little one and it appears the newer boats are in Alaska and Asia. We'd prefer a Florida departure as we are within driving distance. Insights greatly appreciated. 

Waterslides and the Abyss dry slide are the big things missing on Allure.  

Allure had MamaMia! vs. Harmony that had Grease as its broadway show.  Its assumed these shows will remain after the restart.

Harmony has newer decor while Allure has the original decor shared with Oasis.  

Harmony offers Wow bands, Allure didn't (before the shutdown).

Everything Twangster mentioned are the differences.  That said, I love Allure.  And if you've never cruised on Royal, that ship will probably blow you away.  However, if having no slides on a ship is a total deal-breaker for you, then maybe look at what Symphony out of Miami has to offer.  Independence of the Seas also goes out of Miami in July.  Not Oasis class, but still amazing and was 'amped' with slides, has Grease as the Broadway show, etc.  

Edited by rockmom

I’ve sailed on both a few times and you will be very happy sailing on Allure. While Harmony has a few newer things that were mentioned above, they are really minor compared to the overall experience on these Oasis class ships. And since you have not been on one before, prepare to be wowed!!!

Have sailed on the entire Oasis Fleet multiple times and we just booked our third cruise with Allure. She's a great ship, great dining options, great entertainment and keeps us wanting more. Unless the slides are a deal breaker for your family, you cannot go wrong on Allure. Of the fleet, Harmony was our least favourite, mainly due to food quality at the time. I'm sure that has since changed. I would not pass up a cruise on any one of these amazing ships. Having sailed on Carnival as well- the Oasis Class there was just no even comparison in all departments. Happy Planning!

17 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

Thanks everyone! One piece of info I inadvertently omitted was that we are in an Owners suite. Any impact on those amenities? 

Same amenities with any Oasis class ship.  Definitely a downgrade in amenities if you go to something other than Oasis class. 

On non Oasis class you would lose , free internet, Coastal kitchen and all day (11 am to 5pm) beer and wine in the Concierge lounge 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

20 minutes ago, whitshel said:

Since Allure missed her dry dock this year I wonder if they will replace Harmony's dry dock next year with Allure, Just push them all back 1 year.

Allure did her dry dock this year, it just skipped amplification. I doubt the major investments in amplification will return in 2021.

Edited by MechE31
  • Like 1

I have sailed all the large ships and Allure is a Fabulous Ship and I actually liked it better than Harmony of the Seas

The one thing I will say is all the Oasis Class ships are Just GORGEOUS and you will love which ever you choose

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

Since Allure missed her dry dock this year I wonder if they will replace Harmony's dry dock next year with Allure, Just push them all back 1 year.

As mentioned Allure had her technical drydock this year.  Also Harmony cannot just get bumped a year as there are requirements as to how long the ships can go between drydocks.

Expect Allure to be a minimum of 2 1/2 Years before they even possibly look at doing the amplification and most likely not until her next major drydock in 2025

Based on what we have booked for 2021 (4 on Allure and 2 on Harmony) one thing you won't be missing is half of your wallet. We are paying about half as much for a cabin on Allure (May, July, August, and October) as the same exact cabin (same deck, same category, same cabin number) on Harmony in March and November.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think Allure is a great ship. I have her booked for 2022 and it will be my fourth time aboard.

Drove past her yesterday. She was docked at Southampton along with one of the Cunard Queens. We should of been on her 20th Sept this year 🙄😏

• Like 1

We have sailed both multiple times but Allure is my favorite. I think it’s because of the crew...but who knows where the crew will end up when they get back. We had the Allure booked for November but did lift and shift to Symphony next year because we haven’t tried her yet.