Cruise Critic Members onboard

Pinboy

35 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

After reading the various posts , I might go to a Roll Call gathering and " scout " who's who. 

Not interested in gift exchanges , rah rah Celebrity chants , making small talk with the CD and 15 Jr. Officers  who could care less where we're from or how many cruises we've been on , getting an extra raffle ticket for a chance to win a photo with the Captain, or a glass of bubbly . Then on leaving the meeting there are bound to be 4 massage techs offering a Free 5 minute massage including a 22 minute " explanation '' on why your muscles are so tight blah, blah blah and offer a 10 % discount on any port day.

Ya think I been on too many cruises ?????

Never been solicited for a massage or dining or anything at a Connections gathering.  Speaking to officers and staff is one of the  nice parts of the gathering...meeting interesting folk from around the world and always  learn something new!

Sounds like  the party may not be fun for you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chanbre said:

How does the cabin crawl work? Do they use empty cabins? I cannot imagine that people volunteer to let lots of people to wander around their cabin. How many people crawl into a cabin at the same time?

Yes, we visit cabins of roll call members who host their rooms   We had so many interested for EDGE we did two groups.. had maps, name tags...saw everything including suites.. It was well organized &  awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Chanbre said:

How does the cabin crawl work? Do they use empty cabins? I cannot imagine that people volunteer to let lots of people to wander around their cabin. How many people crawl into a cabin at the same time?

it could be 20 or 30+.  Not for me in any way shape or form.  And please don't take it personal those of you who enjoy, I am not knocking you for it, just stating my opinion since people have been asking about the crawl.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes, we visit cabins of roll call members who host their rooms   We had so many interested for EDGE we did two groups.. had maps, name tags...saw everything including suites.. It was well organized &  awesome!

Crystal has cabins in a variety of classes set aside to visit as a part of a ship sponsored program. As I understand it on Celebrity, Celebrity doesn't have a thing to do with it. It is purely passengers who volunteer to show their cabin via the Roll Call.

• Thanks 1

I've found that the most active your Roll Call, the more active a meet and greet has been.  We've worn name tags with our CC name on it, and i'ts fun to meet those you have been corresponding with for months or well over a year or so.  We have done cabin crawls, poker crawls, slot pulls, and even horse racing, on one of our cruises.  We have done awesome excursions with our Roll Call people while on our Mediterranean cruises, and all in all, have met so many wonderful people.  

• Thanks 1

I've found that the most active your Roll Call, the more active a meet and greet has been.  We've worn name tags with our CC name on it, and i'ts fun to meet those you have been corresponding with for months or well over a year or so.  We have done cabin crawls, poker crawls, slot pulls, and even horse racing, on one of our cruises.  We have done awesome excursions with our Roll Call people while on our Mediterranean cruises, and all in all, have met so many wonderful people.  

Oh, and we have had some duds at meet and greet....but mostly, we've had good ones!

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

I've long suspected that you were a poseur, but now you have confirmed it. Any true cruiser knows that there is no such thing as too many cruises! :classic_cool:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

I've long suspected that you were a poseur, but now you have confirmed it. Any true cruiser knows that there is no such thing as too many cruises! :classic_cool:

You got me wrong on the " poseur  " comment-- no bad feelings on my part-- perhaps reading some posts that are meant to be taken with a little humor are not interpreted that way by the reader. I understand .

FYI--- We've been on over 50 cruises and enjoyed every one of them and will cruise again when it's safe.

3 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

You got me wrong on the " poseur  " comment-- no bad feelings on my part-- perhaps reading some posts that are meant to be taken with a little humor are not interpreted that way by the reader. I understand .

FYI--- We've been on over 50 cruises and enjoyed every one of them and will cruise again when it's safe.

:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Pinboy said:

1--- Agree--- I would be interested to see who I have been communicating with and then decide if I want to give them my real name.

2-- If something isn't " going to expectations " the worst people to speak to are the GR Manager, Customer Relations counter, or the CD. Each will take notes , say " Sorry for the inconvenience " and later send you a plate of chocolate covered strawberries.

The only people to express dissatisfaction to are the Department Heads, Food and Beverage Manager, or the Hotel Manager. They've heard it all and will know immediately whether your complaint is legitimate  or  etc, etc. 

3-- I can't see the purpose of a cabin crawl under any circumstances.

Most likely CC meetings will be a thing of the past.

Cabin crawls can be great, to see the ones which you never think you will sail in at all...

bon voyage

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pinboy said:

LOL---Yeah sure -- The next thing ---  someone would point me out to Security and I'd be quarantined for the rest of the cruise for shouting " Pee Pee " at you in the pool.

Are you the loudest guy at the pool , the one with the wild Hawaiian print bathing suit , getting all mixed up doing the Macarena ?

And, about using my screen name --- not so fast--- I would first see who the others are and whether it's " safe " to identify myself.

Then I would use your screen name even though many would know that we are not twins or are we? LOL

bon voyage

4 hours ago, kwokpot said:

This has been my experience also. I used to attend maybe 10 years ago when they weren't as popular. It was fun when there aren't too many people. Once it gets over 50-60 people it's just too many people. As others have said it's generally the most useful for port intensive itineraries where many people have setup private excursions.  This generally is the first and easiest opportunity to meet those that are in a private tour group. The loyalty Cocktail hours are a much better venue to meet and make new friends and acquaintances.

I have met more passengers sitting in the theater or at a bar and socialized with them during the rest of the cruise 

I have made a few friends that we still keep in contact with by standing in line waiting for embarkation or on the shuttle from the off site parking lot.   With all the people on board  we kept coming across those first people that we met during the rest of the cruise.    One couple had a cabin 2 away  from us.  

One time we were having lunch in the Spa Cafe.   It was crowded and a woman was looking for a table.  We motioned to her to join us.   She thanked us and asked if it was ok for her husband that is also coming.   No problem. He introduced himself as James.   He asked the server for a drink and gave his card, the server placed the card on the table and I noticed his full name,   James Lofton.   I said being nosy I seen your card and noticed James Lofton     I asked if he was the the former NFL player.   He said he was and I told him that I hated him not as a person but as a player because played for the Packers and I am from Detroit.  He just laughed.  I said all we ever heard was completion to Lofton.   We had a great lunch together, heard great stories  and seen him a few times during the cruise.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Life Buoy said:

Crystal has cabins in a variety of classes set aside to visit as a part of a ship sponsored program. As I understand it on Celebrity, Celebrity doesn't have a thing to do with it. It is purely passengers who volunteer to show their cabin via the Roll Call.

Correct..it's voluntary on Celebrity.

Some  give out a poker card at each cabin..high hand wins the pot or btl.

Some offered small snacks.  Very welcoming !   Doesn't take long to get a nice view.

We never participated over many years.but EDGE merited it at the beginning...many diff cabins.   We saw an  aft Sunset cabin  similar to one we had booked for a follow up cruise. Great preview.. . It was.awesome

Edited by hcat

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

After reading the various posts , I might go to a Roll Call gathering and " scout " who's who. 

Not interested in gift exchanges , rah rah Celebrity chants , making small talk with the CD and 15 Jr. Officers  who could care less where we're from or how many cruises we've been on , getting an extra raffle ticket for a chance to win a photo with the Captain, or a glass of bubbly . Then on leaving the meeting there are bound to be 4 massage techs offering a Free 5 minute massage including a 22 minute " explanation '' on why your muscles are so tight blah, blah blah and offer a 10 % discount on any port day.

Go and judge for yourself, not what you've read. 🤠

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2020 at 5:43 PM, Pinboy said:

How about a new topic ???  I hope this falls within the guidelines of CC .

We have had to cancel 3 cruises and have not cruised since joining CC .

A few questions re CC Members onboard during a cruise :

Is there a " Meet and Greet " ? If so, where and when is it held ?

Is there a " Coordinator  " from CC or does the CD introduce everyone ?

Do we introduce ourselves my real name or pseudo name that we use on CC ?

Are we expected to talk a bit ( no more than 45 minutes ) about ourselves to the group ?

Is there a " Good Bye " gathering at the end of the cruise ?

Anyone want to share any experiences after meeting some of the members they have read or commented on their posts ? Any surprises ? (   use their name ).

one can NEVER have been on too many cruises!  That said, IMO, one can have certainly been at too many CC meet and greets, i.e. one and done.  The crew stuff is very contrived, but if having your pic taken with the most Sr member in attendance, captain if you are "lucky" floats your boat, then you should go.  If you do though have excursions with folks you met on a RC pre-cruise, a good time to meet them I suppose.  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Go and judge for yourself, not what you've read. 🤠

( If you notice , my computer does not show your emoji ). 

OK---Next time we cruise there might not be these types of gatherings, but, if there are, I'll take a " peak " .

I've mentioned several times that I would like to meet everyone that participates on CC. 

Quite often we have an impression from their posts and when we meet in person , our impression can change.

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I can't see your computer from where I'm sitting. 🤣(laughing)

All I see when you insert an emoji is a little square --I tried to Google it, but, couldn't figure it out.

Either way, I enjoy reading your posts and maybe we will meet someday and have a few laughs over some of our exchanges.

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Agree - but I think sadly that cabin crawls will be a victim of the COVID era.  Nobody will want even masked strangers in their cabin.  

21 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

All I see when you insert an emoji is a little square --I tried to Google it, but, couldn't figure it out.

Either way, I enjoy reading your posts and maybe we will meet someday and have a few laughs over some of our exchanges.

On cruises I cruise in stealth mode. 😉 (big smile and a wink) 

• Haha 1