Princess EZair Business Class Airfares

STLCRUISIN

13 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

@triple7tahoe,

If your cruise is far in the future I'd not buy any tix from an airline no matter how inexpensive they might be!

If there are cancellations or changes to your cruise you'll be stuck

I agree.  That's what is so nice about EZ air.  You don't have to pay till final payment date and hopefully by then, we'll know if we are sailing or not.

Edited by TeaBag

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

@triple7tahoe,

If your cruise is far in the future I'd not buy any tix from an airline no matter how inexpensive they might be!

If there are cancellations or changes to your cruise you'll be stuck

Most airlines now do not have a change fee.  If you cancel the flight, your will get a Credit to use at a different time. Therefore it would depend on how inexpensive.  

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Most airlines now do not have a change fee.  If you cancel the flight, your will get a Credit to use at a different time. Therefore it would depend on how inexpensive.  

But the credit can only be used on that airline.

If I cancelled a flight on Qantas for a cancelled Australia cruise, the credit would not be good for a flight from the USA to Europe if that was my substitute cruise.

You have to read quite carefully the rules for the specific ticket you are booking. 

These days airlines have specific dates where you wont  pay a change fee. They are also selling NON refundable business and first class tax. Read carefully

Everyone on here is excited to get back to cruising but so far few cruises are actually sailing!

Noone really knows for sure when Princess will start up again. It doesn't  feel like any time soon to me!

8 hours ago, caribill said:

But the credit can only be used on that airline.

If I cancelled a flight on Qantas for a cancelled Australia cruise, the credit would not be good for a flight from the USA to Europe if that was my substitute cruise.

Yes,  that is true based on my experiences.  No problem for me as I usually fly AA.  The airline credit is for the particular airline.

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

You have to read quite carefully the rules for the specific ticket you are booking. 

These days airlines have specific dates where you wont  pay a change fee. They are also selling NON refundable business and first class tax. Read carefully

Everyone on here is excited to get back to cruising but so far few cruises are actually sailing!

Noone really knows for sure when Princess will start up again. It doesn't  feel like any time soon to me!

American Airlines and United have changed their policy about change fees (you can even change the cities involved) across the board.  Same with the allowed Airline credit on non refundable tickets.

I am not 100% certain about Delta, Alaska Airlines, and the other US based airlines.  No idea about International airlines.  

Of course if you do not feel that you will be able to use the airline credit in the future, then you should not book direct.  No problem for me as long as I stick with AA.

For my scheduled cruise in January (likely to be cancelled) I booked one direction (MIA) with EZ Air and the other direction (SFO) with AA directly.  I did this because of a temporary super deal on the one way First Class ticket directly with AA.

Lets be clear.  If you book your own air (not through the cruise line) it is very unlikely that you will ever be able to get a cash refund from the airline.  Airlines have become a lot more liberal, during the COVID mess, with eliminating some change fees.  But the terms of "change" are often time limited and must be with the same airline.  And now folks need to also factor the possibility that an airline could go bankrupt before you ever use a credit/voucher.  

I will give you a great example of how things can really backfire.  Last year we had Business Class to Japan (through HAL) and a First Class return from Vancouver.  When HAL cancelled our cruise (about 8 weeks prior to the cruise) they refunded our cruise payments and our air (which was several thousand dollars).  We had our money credited back within 3 business days and had no complaints.  We immediately booked a similar cruise for April of 2021 which will likely also be cancelled by the cruise line.  If we had booked our own air we might have been able to get a voucher which we likely would have used for the April 2021 trip.  But assuming that trip is cancelled what do you think would happen to that big airline voucher?  It would have had a 1 year use by date and we would not be able to use it within that year....which generally means we lose the money.  

Bottom line is lots of folks have big airline vouchers that they cannot use because of travel restrictions to a major part of the world.  Will the airlines extend the "use by" dates?  I have no clue but would not want to have to deal with all the headaches.  In the current travel atmosphere we think it is worth paying even more money (if necessary) to have the ability to get a refund in case of cancelation.   The best way to do this is by booking through most cruise lines.  Even trip insurance may refuse to pay you a refund if the airline is willing to give you a voucher.

Hank

23 hours ago, Av8tor said:

I do believe you get Delta Club access if you are in Business Class on an Delta international flight.

Don't you get Delta club access even if you're flying on a Delta Code Share Flight?

Which Flight is cheaper?

When  I looked VA was less expensive--Long story but I have a life time Delta Club pass (I originally got it through PANAM while officiating football with all the travel) I do get to use club on days of flight when on any flight in US. I have found that taking a Delta/or partner flight internationally, I can use the pass but club is often in different terminal. Major problem in some countries. Sure was nice at end of last cruise (HOng KOng) 🙂

On 10/13/2020 at 6:26 PM, Thrak said:

For international flights it's the only way to go. We once purchased one-way tickets to London on Virgin Atlantic through EZ Air. Virgin, Expedia, Cheopo Air, etc. all wanted something like $3,500 per person. Princess had the exact same flights for $305 per person. It's hard to beat a deal like that.

Wow!!! That was a great savings Thrak nice. 
Tony

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Lets be clear.  If you book your own air (not through the cruise line) it is very unlikely that you will ever be able to get a cash refund from the airline.  Airlines have become a lot more liberal, during the COVID mess, with eliminating some change fees.  But the terms of "change" are often time limited and must be with the same airline.  And now folks need to also factor the possibility that an airline could go bankrupt before you ever use a credit/voucher.  

We were lucky earlier this year. We were booked on an Oceania cruise (Amsterdam to Barcelona) for September and cancelled it prior to the official cancellation by the cruise line. We had already purchased our airline tickets independently from the cruise line on AA. I found that AA had cancelled one leg of our return flights when they pretty much shut down their European operations. Because this was an airline initiated cancellation I was able to call AA and cancel our entire reservation and get a full refund. It took a week or so for the credit to appear on our credit card. 

On 10/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, STLCRUISIN said:

Hi All, We booked a Princess cruise for next August 2021 roundtrip out of Southampton to be followed up with a Celebrity cruise from Southampton, England to Boston. I checked one-way Business Class airfares (STL-LHR) through both Princess EZair and Flights By Celebrity and Princess has, by far, the lowest fare I've ever seen for a one-way flight... over $900 less than Celebrity. Both are the same....Buy Now, Pay Later and you can cancel at any time up to 45 days and within the 45 days you get a credit.

Okay, so has anyone taken advantage of Princess EZair in the past, are their rates generally very good for international flights and how is it dealing with them in the event of any changes/cancellations (can you work directly with the airline). I'm looking to make sure their isn't a catch somewhere that I don't see because the one-way business class fares look too good to be true when comparing to Celebrity and directly with the airlines.

Thanks for your help.

Yes I have used EZ Air for all of my flights except for short ones. I have always had the best price plus you have the guarantee that Princess will help if any problems. Remember you are getting The consolidator fares. I highly recommend EZ air. 

Tom😀

On 10/28/2020 at 12:57 PM, trbarton said:

Yes I have used EZ Air for all of my flights except for short ones. I have always had the best price plus you have the guarantee that Princess will help if any problems. Remember you are getting The consolidator fares. I highly recommend EZ air. 

Tom😀

Thank you Tom!!!

I started looking at EZ Air a few weeks ago (for August 2021) and thought about booking, but the choices were limited, so I didn't get to it. I finally decided to go on and book something since it was Flexible.....the prices have now gone up by about 14%....darn it...should have booked when I first started looking!

Also....BEWARE... It used to be there were 2 columns, one with a Flexible option, one with a Restricted option. Now what I see is it is EITHER Flexible or Restricted---only 1 column. So, be sure and pay attention to what you are booking.

24 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Is there a way to view what the business class air will be with Princess without purchasing the actual cruise yet??

Yes, find the cruise you may want to book.  When you get to the page that asks you to select room type (in a green background), right below that is a menu where you can choose 'Flight Quotes'.  From there, you can choose your departure airport and dates.  

16 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I started looking at EZ Air a few weeks ago (for August 2021) and thought about booking, but the choices were limited, so I didn't get to it. I finally decided to go on and book something since it was Flexible.....the prices have now gone up by about 14%....darn it...should have booked when I first started looking!

Also....BEWARE... It used to be there were 2 columns, one with a Flexible option, one with a Restricted option. Now what I see is it is EITHER Flexible or Restricted---only 1 column. So, be sure and pay attention to what you are booking.

On my cruise EZ Air still shows two columns.