Princess EZair Business Class Airfares

STLCRUISIN

23 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Flights recently opened for a cruise scheduled for late summer 2021.

EZ Air is REALLY limited in the options for Business Class....NONE for my preferred airline.

I looked at Premium Economy and it is a HIGHER price than booking directly through the airline.

However, it is Flexible, which is the ONLY way I would be booking right now.

It DOES have the times I want, so I might just book the Premium Economy as a 'place holder' in case the prices go up instead of down.

I think the airlines are pretty limited on flights they are offering (at least through EZ Air) right now until they know how many people will be comfortable flying by then....

thank you for this note--I usually find that EZAir fares can not be beaten but I just "mock" booked my flights for UK cruise in August using airline website and found a substantial air fare difference doing it direct. I will now have to go back and check payment times with regards booking.

21 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Thank you so much.  I don't think we are going to go with the return from Rome in Bus class as it is over twice the cost of the outgoing.  I'm still in shock from getting Bus class to Singapore for $664 each and that's Cdn.  I might book economy through EZair for the Rome portion.

Are you in NZ now?  You guys are sure doing a great job with managing COVID.  Kudos to you.  BC is not too bad but it is increasing since we loosened up things and opened up pubs, movies etc.

Currently in San Diego.   NZ has its ups and downs, cases in quarantine and now a new strain spreading thru the ports of Auckland and Napier due to a worker.   Flights to NZ are hit and miss unless you go thru Asia/Middle East.  Would need to quarantine at my expense in a hotel of their choosing and then fly to my home in Christchurch.   If I wanted to see my mother who lives in a retirement complex I would need to quarantine for another 14 days.   Plus my family cannot travel with me as they now hold US passports.   Much rather stay in San Diego.   

On 10/18/2020 at 10:52 PM, caribill said:

I thought you could cancel up to 45 days before the trip starts which is past final payment time.

Correct, for the air portion. My apologies, I thought that it would be inferred

that it was for the air portion.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, triple7tahoe said:

thank you for this note--I usually find that EZAir fares can not be beaten but I just "mock" booked my flights for UK cruise in August using airline website and found a substantial air fare difference doing it direct. I will now have to go back and check payment times with regards booking.

Interesting! Can you name the specific airline site you are using?

On 10/13/2020 at 12:52 PM, Tak8 said:

I used EZ AIR  for my British Isles cruise.  I saved several hundred dollars.  In checking domestic flights, I haven't found much savings.

That has been my experience as well.  

The good thing about purchasing these fares through EZ Air (or Choice Air) is that you are covered under the insurance if you purchase it from the cruiseline.  At least, that is how it has worked previously.  We save oodles on First Class air, even when flying up to Vancouver from the states.  Those international flights can really be some great deals.  For domestic air, in our experience, we haven't realized much in the way of savings. unless the cruiseline was holding a specific promotion ($xxx off on flights for certain itineraries).  However, even for domestic flights, the flexible option really works out in our favor.  

37 minutes ago, TomCon said:

How do you find biz class fares on ez air

I posted this back in post #48. Just use the drop down arrow to select Business Class. There should be Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and First Class

image.png.0b4bb1a0acb17828819d7702635ad440.png

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I posted this back in post #48. Just use the drop down arrow to select Business Class. There should be Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and First Class

image.png.0b4bb1a0acb17828819d7702635ad440.png

Plus you can select different classes by direction.  Outbound in one class, return in a different.

While domestic fares aren't always a lot better, I did find this with EZ Air:

If you're one of those who can't get suitcases under 50 pounds, I have often found that flying First Class, which includes an allowance of 70 pounds for two bags is often cheaper that flying economy and paying all the extra baggage fees.

I just checked  tonight a n d found t h at the AA website flights are now the same price as what's offered on EZAir. The difference is that we don't have to pay for the EZ air flights until final payment for the cruise.

I will continue to watch

35 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

I just checked  tonight a n d found t h at the AA website flights are now the same price as what's offered on EZAir. The difference is that we don't have to pay for the EZ air flights until final payment for the cruise.

I will continue to watch

I've seen that with domestic flights. International flights are where EZ Air shines.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I've seen that with domestic flights. International flights are where EZ Air shines.

I am talking about an international flight from San Diego to Heathrow. I was surprised to see the web site had the same price as EZAir

1 hour ago, riffatsea said:

I am talking about an international flight from San Diego to Heathrow. I was surprised to see the web site had the same price as EZAir

There is some misunderstanding how EZAIR works.  There is a 3rd party airline reservation group (they serve HAL, Princess, Seabourn, and others) where experts negotiate with individual airlines to get lower contracted pricing.  Some of the flights that show up on EZAIR have lower contracted prices and other options may show the normal prices you could get from any source.  The best deals (by far) are on the more expensive Business and First Class fares.  In some cases you might get a so-called "P" Fare (the lowest business class fare normally accepted by airlines) which can be about half the price of the lowest fare found by booking yourself.  In other cases they will have specially contracted fares with a limited number of airlines.   We once snagged an amazing Business Class fare to Singapore on China Air (the airline of Taipei) which was not only amazing in terms of price but was one of the best flights I have ever had on any airline.  China Air does things like offering Johnnie Walker Blue  to those in Bus Class and their food and service were fantastic.  

If one looks, today, on International pricing everything is a big mess.  Limited flights coupled with some airlines running low cost promos (because they are flying near empty) has caused all kinds of anomalies.   The knowledgeable folks on some of the better airline blogs are both baffled and excited (these guys are always looking for the great deal).   And this also ties into some EZAIR fares.  We were recently shocked at how good a deal we could get on British Air Business Class from an East Coast USA getaway to Tokyo (that will likely be cancelled because the related cruise will probably not happen).  On the other hand, it has been very difficult to find a great deal on the best Asian carriers such as Singapore or Cathay Pacific.  

The best advice I have been given on international is lock in an Ezair Flex deal (you can change or cancel these without any penalty until 45 days before your cruise) and then continue to monitor the Ezair deals (at least once a week) for better deals.  Also consider that if you book a flight using regular booking services (or direct with the airline) you might have a big problem if your cruise gets canceled.  Using EZAIR Flex means you would not lose money on the air or get stuck with vouchers that you may never be able to use.

Hank

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Plus you can select different classes by direction.  Outbound in one class, return in a different.

I have been able to get a quote for two one way flights in different fare classes.  But I do not see how to price a round trip ticket with two different ticket classes nor am I able to book two separate one way tickets.  
Do you have to do what you are suggesting (Outgoing in one class, return in a different class) by booking in the phone?

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I have been able to get a quote for two one way flights in different fare classes.  But I do not see how to price a round trip ticket with two different ticket classes nor am I able to book two separate one way tickets.  
Do you have to do what you are suggesting (Outgoing in one class, return in a different class) by booking in the phone?

Thanks.

If you have already booked one way tickets, I have found the system will not allow you to go back and add the second flight.   Two options, cancel the flights you already have, or call Princess and have them assist you.

i have attached a screenshot from my phone of the booking page.   I do not have a laptop.

4409BF61-1A0D-4B36-ACE2-05E8496BB95E.png

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

If you have already booked one way tickets, I have found the system will not allow you to go back and add the second flight.   Two options, cancel the flights you already have, or call Princess and have them assist you.

i have attached a screenshot from my phone of the booking page.   I do not have a laptop.

4409BF61-1A0D-4B36-ACE2-05E8496BB95E.png

Thank you.  Very helpful.  I never noticed that option.  Much appreciated.

I found this too.  I couldn't get back in to select the return portion.  I did a mock booking to find the prices and determined they weren't that good.  However, I wish I could use them for a Celebrity cruise.

3 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I found this too.  I couldn't get back in to select the return portion.  I did a mock booking to find the prices and determined they weren't that good.  However, I wish I could use them for a Celebrity cruise.

Celebrity has their version of EZAir.

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Celebrity has their version of EZAir.

Thanks, for posting.  I have looked at flights on Choice Air and the prices are not as good as similar on Princess if we were sailing with them.  I am looking at YVR to LHR return for a cruise Aug to Sept.  I guess that fare I got on Bus class to Singapore with EZ air has destroyed me for life!  If that cruise cancels you will hear me bawling all the way from Vancouver.  LOL

On 10/23/2020 at 7:03 AM, riffatsea said:

Interesting! Can you name the specific airline site you are using?

I was looking at Delta and Virgin Atlantic. It seems the flights we are interested are on the same airline but under different code names.  i.e.  Virgin Atlantic flight #_ _ - operating as Delta flight #--_-..    Same times; same flight but even different airfare. We are club members with Delta so would get club access so Delta seemed logical.  The one difference I see possible is the cruise dates being changed, which has happened with a later cruise (Sail date has been moved up 8 days). With EZ Air the change would be taken care of but through the airline there could be "change fee" ?

14 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

I was looking at Delta and Virgin Atlantic. It seems the flights we are interested are on the same airline but under different code names.  i.e.  Virgin Atlantic flight #_ _ - operating as Delta flight #--_-..    Same times; same flight but even different airfare. We are club members with Delta so would get club access so Delta seemed logical.  The one difference I see possible is the cruise dates being changed, which has happened with a later cruise (Sail date has been moved up 8 days). With EZ Air the change would be taken care of but through the airline there could be "change fee" ?

I do believe you get Delta Club access if you are in Business Class on an Delta international flight.

Don't you get Delta club access even if you're flying on a Delta Code Share Flight?

Which Flight is cheaper?

@triple7tahoe,

If your cruise is far in the future I'd not buy any tix from an airline no matter how inexpensive they might be!

If there are cancellations or changes to your cruise you'll be stuck

Edited by riffatsea