Temperature Scanning

bmill7272

I had  temp over the accepted level one day going to pick up my grandson.  I had been in the sun and then drove in a hot car.  I stood a brief time in the shade and it dropped.  The lady taking the temps said that she sees this all of the time.  If someone has a fever, it doesn't drop to acceptable levels from just standing still in the shade for 2 minutes.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bmill7272 said:

JUST THINKING .... How would passengers with an elevated temperature that are getting onboard after being in the sun on Coco Cay for hours be handled?

I have read they take your temp a 2nd and 3rd time if it reads high.  They'll have you go to an isolation area in the medical center, though, just to be on the safe side.

16 minutes ago, bethco said:

I had  temp over the accepted level one day going to pick up my grandson.  I had been in the sun and then drove in a hot car.  I stood a brief time in the shade and it dropped.  The lady taking the temps said that she sees this all of the time.  If someone has a fever, it doesn't drop to acceptable levels from just standing still in the shade for 2 minutes.

If you have a fever you just lick your fingers and then wipe your forehead., instant 1.5 degree drop that lasts for 30 seconds.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you have a fever you just lick your fingers and then wipe your forehead., instant 1.5 degree drop that lasts for 30 seconds.  

And hope that they point the thermometer at the right place.

56 minutes ago, bmill7272 said:

JUST THINKING .... How would passengers with an elevated temperature that are getting onboard after being in the sun on Coco Cay for hours be handled?

They can wait in the shade for a few minutes then retest. Their temperature would come down if they weren't sick. 

Edited by time4u2go

Do this all the time at work at my school. We just put the kids off to the side in socially distanced area for 10 minutes or whatever and we recheck. It will go down if not a fever. With a sunburn, I am not sure BUT I would put some water on my forehead prior to being checked or perhaps wear a hat to shield my forehead or apply sunscreen so I dont get sunburnt?  I just had a couple of kids last week who were 99.0 but they had hats on and were sitting in a hot car. I rechecked them in 10 minutes and they were at 98.1.

If you have a fever over 101 degrees, you will know it! CDC definition of low grade fever is 100.4.  A high grade fever, usually associated with Coronavirus is 103 and above.  Making people stand in shade for any length of time for a reading below 100 is useless, tells you nothing.

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

They should keep a few rectal thermometers handy for people that try to fool the system 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 2