Any December 2020 Cruises Canceled?

SeaWatcher65

31 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Do you really mean Europe counts are Fake News?

Clarification, please.

Stay Safe!

Clarification is nobody in Europe understands what’s going on in the USA, we are getting two side’s? Once you’re election is over I’m sure things will be clearer!

Cant talk about politics...against the rules 

6 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Clarification is nobody in Europe understands what’s going on in the USA, we are getting two side’s? Once you’re election is over I’m sure things will be clearer!

Cant talk about politics...against the rules 

We have family in Europe. They fully understand what is going on in the USA. In fact, some understand more than some in the US.

What current topic is not Political?

LOL

• Like 3

6 hours ago, adam_s_allen said:

I have a December cruise booked right now, I never made final payment on it. NCL still hasn't even tried to contact me about making final payment and when I log into my account it's still booked. I wonder if they ever will.

NCL won’t contact you. 

I never made final payment  back in April (after having it extended) for our July 2020 Encore to Bermuda trip. Never made FP. Trip was still booked on my NCL account up until the day before we were supposed to sail. 

No calls, messages or emails. Nothing. 

No Fake News Here. Have a good night. 

Edited by meatball_nyc
Clarification

On 10/26/2020 at 11:51 PM, SeaWatcher65 said:

I think most December cruises had a final payment date due in October.  For our December 27 sailing, the final payment date is October 28.  I do not see any information yet about cancellations.  Because NCL has not canceled anything, what did people do?  Cancel cruise on your own?  Make final payment and wait in case NCL still sails (very unlikely) or offers a better deal (percent off future cruise)?

I really don't like the idea of making the final payment and then find out later the cruise is canceled and I have to wait a long time to get a refund, or worse, NCL goes bankrupt and I get nothing back.

Original poster here.  We canceled. Will get our 2 cruise next certificates back (our only deposit).  Now to find another NCL cruise.  We are frustrated that NCL had jacked up the price on all of their cruises -- I guess to make up for losses.  For us, the price of a cruise is no longer a good deal compared to just booking flights to a nice Caribbean island on our own.  

• Like 2

Sorry, gang...just checked my reservation for the “Joy” on 12/8 and got the dreaded “time is running out” screen, so a December announcement must be forthcoming. Not unexpected since she’s still hanging around in the general vicinity of Manila.

42 minutes ago, bcc99 said:

Sorry, gang...just checked my reservation for the “Joy” on 12/8 and got the dreaded “time is running out” screen, so a December announcement must be forthcoming. Not unexpected since she’s still hanging around in the general vicinity of Manila.

You might be right about an announcement from NCL being Carnival has pulled all December bookings from website. Could be a glitch however history says otherwise.

Edited by beerman2

7 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

You might be right about an announcement from NCL being Carnival has pulled all December bookings from website. Could be a glitch however history says otherwise.

Could also be they are sold over the capacity the cdc mandates,.

but could be dec will be the staff and test cruses also. 

55 minutes ago, bcc99 said:

I have the same message for Joy on December 27th.  Not surprised, but sad.

3 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Could also be they are sold over the capacity the cdc mandates,.

but could be dec will be the staff and test cruses also. 

Seaman11 think about it. They aren't oversold, it's the same pattern they have used October/November and now December. It's "reality " not pessimistic.

I will go with your staff/test as possible, there will be no paying pax on ships until January. Remember you have to factor in the 60 days for filling the certicate to sail.

You WILL sail in time as will all others once all the remaining hurdles are complete.

7 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Seaman11 think about it. They aren't oversold, it's the same pattern they have used October/November and now December. It's "reality " not pessimistic.

I will go with your staff/test as possible, there will be no paying pax on ships until January. Remember you have to factor in the 60 days for filling the certicate to sail.

You WILL sail in time as will all others once all the remaining hurdles are complete.

Yeah i think also they will be cancelled for reg pax.  i expect lines to file the 30 days or testing early this week.  Now as for the 60 days for real pax , i mentioned before it said "should"  so is that flexible? IDK  the language leaves it up to interpretation,.  but anyway that's fine. as long as there is a plan and a clear way for lines to get back , im happy. 

Edited by seaman11

We are booked for Jan on epic.  I hope we get to sail. Now I hear they are going bankrupt! It’s time they sail again. We can’t continue to be afraid. Let those of us who want to be the guina pigs go ahead and sail.  We will protect the workers and do most things for ourselves! 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catty said:

Now I hear they are going bankrupt!

Where did you hear that? Last I heard was they had enough funds to last to the 3rd quarter of 2021 without sailing. Also they are continuing with dry socks and have just completed the installation of new scrubber on Getaway and Breakaway, this seems an odd thing to do if you are going under.