Caribbean princess deck overlook question?

NthernLgts

I should know the answer to this because Ive sailed on the CB twice already, but its been awhile and we are thinking about booking her for next November.  What decks have the balconies where others can look down into your balcony from above?  I think its the Caribe & Dolphin decks but not entirely sure.  Other thoughts on those balconies are welcomed too.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, caribill said:

If you are concerned that someone might look down on you from above when you are on your balcony, you need to be aware that the Bridge personnel can see you whether the balcony is covered or not.

Not always for privacy.  We've had something very unpleasant fall on my husband's shoulder from an upper deck while on that open balcony. Disgusting. 

57 minutes ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

We have mini-suite E731 on two upcoming sailings on Caribbean Princess.  We love this minisuite's oversized completely covered balcony.  All Empress deck aft mini suites are fully covered and private.   

Our absolute favorites too!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

I should know the answer to this because Ive sailed on the CB twice already, but its been awhile and we are thinking about booking her for next November.  What decks have the balconies where others can look down into your balcony from above?  I think its the Caribe & Dolphin decks but not entirely sure.  Other thoughts on those balconies are welcomed too.  Thanks.

Emerald Deck (deck 8 ) mini suites fully covered and private.  

Dolphin Deck ( deck 9 ) are fully exposed to deck above. That means the Caribe deck 10 can look directly down on deck 9 balconies.

Caribe Deck is partly covered.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, caribill said:

If you are concerned that someone might look down on you from above when you are on your balcony, you need to be aware that the Bridge personnel can see you whether the balcony is covered or not.

How so?  I'm not really sure where youre going with that, but I'm less concerned about bridge personnel somehow checking in on us than I am having another couple 5 feet above our heads staring down at us on our balcony.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NthernLgts said:

How so?  I'm not really sure where youre going with that, but I'm less concerned about bridge personnel somehow checking in on us than I am having another couple 5 feet above our heads staring down at us on our balcony.

It would be very rare indeed that passengers in cabins on deck 10 would stand at the railing look over and down to deck 9. I have had deck 10 cabins for years and if this occurs it's not very frequent. You actually have to stand at the railing and look over. The deck 9 balconies can not be seen from sitting positions. Decks above 10 can't really see balconies on deck 9. Balconies are visible from the wings of the bridge, from security cameras and from the wings of Skywalker's.  

• Like 2

On 11/14/2020 at 4:46 AM, skynight said:

It would be very rare indeed that passengers in cabins on deck 10 would stand at the railing look over and down to deck 9. I have had deck 10 cabins for years and if this occurs it's not very frequent. You actually have to stand at the railing and look over. The deck 9 balconies can not be seen from sitting positions. Decks above 10 can't really see balconies on deck 9. Balconies are visible from the wings of the bridge, from security cameras and from the wings of Skywalker's.  

I tend to book on the Caribe deck whenever possible and usually have never been bothered by the ability of someone above looking down onto 'my space'.  There was one time, though, I was standing at the railing while sailing through the inside passage, this total stranger from the Baja deck shouted down to me, "I sure wish I had a bucket of water to dump on your head right now".   What the heck is wrong with people?  Did he really think this was funny?  Well, it wasn't ... guess he was in dire need of attention, regardless of how negative it was.  Too bad that experience stuck with me ... this jerk pretty much ruined uncovered balconies for me from now on.  

There was one time I had a cabin where the tops of the lifeboats (not on Princess) were even with our balcony.  A couple of times during that cruise, someone had evidently vomited all over their railing from up above our cabin.  The cruiseline was very quick to clean it up very quickly and even sent us goodies (chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of bubbly) for our complaint.  It wasn't really even a complaint .. just a request that it be cleaned up.  As icky as this was, it was understandable and we didn't expect anything in return ... unlike the jerk described above.  Thinking back on it, we should have reported him to security.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 11:30 AM, GottaLuvCruising said:

We have mini-suite E731 on two upcoming sailings on Caribbean Princess.  We love this minisuite's oversized completely covered balcony.  All Empress deck aft mini suites are fully covered and private.   

Any issues from Club Fusion below those ME cabin on the Emerald deck? I am always concerned about noise being a very light sleeper. I'm usually in bed reading around 9PM. In the last we've booked MDs on the forward Dolphin deck just to try to minimize the noise at night. The uncovered balconies on the Dolphin Deck are an issue, but less than the potential for too much noise from below. Granted, I have never had an ME on the Emerald, so I cannot know for sure.

Opinions? Thoughts from anyone? Person experiences are always welcome! <g>

Doug

On 11/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, GottaLuvCruising said:

I just saw a YouTube video about E730, on the opposite side of the ship, & they said they couldn’t sleep due to pounding noise from Vista Lounge. The hubby said he slept outside. Other than that they loved the room. Have you had that problem?

We have been in that cabin on sister ships (Ruby, Emerald) of the Caribbean Princess multiple times and have only heard some (not pounding) bass one night.  We always bring ear plugs and that was the only time we thought we might need to use them but the noise stopped before we went to bed.  We have E730 on the Caribbean Princess reserved for a week in July 2022 and have no concerns.  We love the balcony and we will have our 2 kids and their families in the next two cabins.  We'll open the balcony doors and plan to have afternoon tea at least once on our balcony.  That worked out wonderfully when we had the same cabins on the Ruby Princess.

1 hour ago, richsea said:

I just saw a YouTube video about E730, on the opposite side of the ship, & they said they couldn’t sleep due to pounding noise from Vista Lounge. The hubby said he slept outside. Other than that they loved the room. Have you had that problem?

We haven't stayed on that side.  E731 has not had a noise problem for us.  

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, GottaLuvCruising said:

We are looking at booking this cabin on Crown Princess for an August, 2022 British Isles cruise.. any issues with feeling more motion than if we were closer to mid ship?  We don't want a Dolphin deck cabin because of the open balconies, but I already have to wear sea bands when the ship is moving so I don't want to ruin our trip by choosing this cabin if there would be too much motion for me..  Thanks!

12 hours ago, puppymama1 said:

.. any issues with feeling more motion than if we were closer to mid ship?  We don't want a Dolphin deck cabin because of the open balconies, but I already have to wear sea bands when the ship is moving so I don't want to ruin our trip by choosing this cabin if there would be too much motion for me..  Thanks!

You will feel the ship pitching more in locations near the bow or stern.  Only you can estimate if that will be an issue. To be safe, maybe you ought to check out a cabin towards midships? In Caribbean cruises I have never noticed much different toward the bow or stern, but the Caribbean isn't the Irish Sea!😉

Doug

Our only choices for mini suites were these aft cabins on Emerald Deck or other cabins on Dolphin deck that were closer to mid ship, but they have the uncovered balconies... which we don't want.  I think we are going to go for E731 and hopefully between my sea bands and dramamine, I will be fine!  Thanks!