Drink Package Price for 2022 cruise

LadyBerard

This is a perfect example of why I have stopped booking Royal Caribbean. The ever constant price hikes and “sales” is a real turn-off. Same with Celebrity.  WITH HAL, Princess and Carnival the price for ancillary items remains fairly constant, and are consistent and fair in their application to all consumers. Heck even NCL doesn’t play these kind of pricing games with ancillary items. RCG is all about consumer gouging.

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

How is it gouging if consumers are willing to pay for a very discretionary item?

It’s gouging in the sense that 20 people on the same sailing can buy the same package and pay 20 different prices. It’s tantamount to going to a restaurant and ordering the same 9oz sirloin as 20 other customers who are dining on the same day and them charging 20 different prices for the meal..... oh wait RCCL does that too!!!!

If the price were fixed at one amount per day for all guests fleetwide, regardless of the amount, that would NOT be price gouging. Charging each and every guest something different IS price gouging.  They are never going to “run out” of beverage packages. 

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I haven't heard a lot of folks call airfares as gouging, which are exactly like that.

Airplanes have a finite amount of seats, as do cruise ships cabins, and hotel rooms.  When there is a finite # of an item, or limited space, then yes price fluctuations are appropriate based on supply and demand.

Would you get upset if you went to bar and ordered a beer and were charged $10 and the guy standing next to you was charged $7 and the guy after that $6 and the guy after that $8 - all for the same beer? Or if you go to McDonalds on Monday and order value meal #1 for $8 and go back Tuesday and they charge you $12 but the lady behind you only pays $7 for the same meal? This is what Royal are doing with specialty dining fees, beverage packages, internet, etc. It is the very definition of price gouging. 

12 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

This is a perfect example of why I have stopped booking Royal Caribbean. The ever constant price hikes and “sales” is a real turn-off. Same with Celebrity.  WITH HAL, Princess and Carnival the price for ancillary items remains fairly constant, and are consistent and fair in their application to all consumers. Heck even NCL doesn’t play these kind of pricing games with ancillary items. RCG is all about consumer gouging.

well hop over to the HAL, Princess snd Carnival threads and descuss how great they are ... you have a choice .... Heck even go on NCL . See you back on RCI when you finished 🤣

8 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

well hop over to the HAL, Princess snd Carnival threads and descuss how great they are ... you have a choice .... Heck even go on NCL . See you back on RCI when you finished 🤣

I actually HAVE switched my bookings to HAL and Princess and am VERY happy with the products and pricing structures.  I have no intent to return to Royal, NCL or Celebrity. 

On their respective boards I do tout how great I think they are!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

You mean like the current waves going out to those not booked on carnival mostly and newbies with 3 or 4 cruises offering free cheers on us? Most of us who have cruised more and who didnt get it consider it a slap on the face to reward our loyalty to carnival. 

My reaction to carnivals selective marketing is to be a whole lot more loyal to royal.

Book any cruise in april to dec 2021 and get free cheers on us.

20201113_102708276.jpeg

Edited by firefly333
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I actually HAVE switched my bookings to HAL and Princess and am VERY happy with the products and pricing structures.  I have no intent to return to Royal, NCL or Celebrity. 

On their respective boards I do tout how great I think they are!

Goodbye ! And the MINI - bar ONCE ONLY set up is pathetic , they should call it MINUTE BAR ONCE ONLY SET UP 🤣

On 11/13/2020 at 11:10 AM, Roger88 said:

To be honest I never understood all this hype about drink packages. I mean seriously guys, you can always enjoy the bar on board. Why wasting money on a drinking package ? You wont drink that much anyway, and in any case even this package will not be enough lol 

Says the man waving a Martini glass or Manhattan glass. Can't tell if that's an olive or a cherry.

On 11/13/2020 at 1:51 PM, happy cruiser1234 said:

Our Odyssey sailing in 2022 has the Private Beach club area at Coco Cay priced at $238.07 CAD. Per person.  (A few days ago it was $264.67pp)

Not sure if that's a mistake or that is actually the price they want now? 

IMG_4125.thumb.jpeg.cd80a2a06f8c1a7cd52fa0cac9af4744.jpeg

Our Coco Beach Club is for $179. in April of 2022 and the Cabana is $1,200.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:41 PM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

It’s gouging in the sense that 20 people on the same sailing can buy the same package and pay 20 different prices. It’s tantamount to going to a restaurant and ordering the same 9oz sirloin as 20 other customers who are dining on the same day and them charging 20 different prices for the meal..... oh wait RCCL does that too!!!!

If the price were fixed at one amount per day for all guests fleetwide, regardless of the amount, that would NOT be price gouging. Charging each and every guest something different IS price gouging.  They are never going to “run out” of beverage packages. 

So?  It’s their business, they can charge what they want. Nobody is forced to Purshase. 

M8

What’s not being said is what happens to the individual drink prices?  I assume if the packages are going up the drink prices are also going up as well.

Get you in cheap and make it up on the vices.

So gotta wonder about the Spa, Specialties and everything else.

Edited by zalusky

27 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

Did your pricing for drinks for 2022 disappeared? I could see them yesterday, today I can see the unlimited dining package, but no drinking packages. 

Nearly the entire cruise planner is empty now for my August, 2021 cruise. No excursions, no beverage packages, and only the 3 night dining available right now. 

5 hours ago, dandi799 said:

Nearly the entire cruise planner is empty now for my August, 2021 cruise. No excursions, no beverage packages, and only the 3 night dining available right now. 

I looked at my dec 2021 and everything there but high priced. I thought before there was a chops plus one dinner which isnt there now... though the 3 dinner is still there.

Drink pkg at $57 pp, up from $52 last time I looked.

Prices the same or higher. Maybe now we will have a black friday sale back to previous so they can call it a sale. 

I would swear there used to be a chops plus one dinner for $59 pp no longer a option. Maybe they were updating prices when you couldn't see options.

Edited by firefly333

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I looked at my dec 2021 and everything there but high priced. I thought before there was a chops plus one dinner which isnt there now... though the 3 dinner is still there.

Drink pkg at $57 pp, up from $52 last time I looked.

Prices the same or higher. Maybe now we will have a black friday sale back to previous so they can call it a sale. 

I would swear there used to be a chops plus one dinner for $59 pp no longer a option. Maybe they were updating prices when you couldn't see options.

Yep!! Everything is back now, but at a higher price. LOL. I did already book some things when they were on sale, but I've been watching the drink package in case it goes below the $53 I booked it at. 🙂