Drink Package Price for 2022 cruise

LadyBerard

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Onboard pricing for many ships has been in the $80 range for some time. Your looking really far out. It’s likely to drop. Only expect $45-60 sale price online. 

Oh I know.  I wasn't planning on buying it this early anyway this, but was curious to see what they were currently charging.  I have never paid  more than $46 pp per day, and don't see us paying much more than that.

• Like 1

I paid over 50 just once and we always buy package, we are now diamond plus so we can get 30 percent off, if I see sale that’s more than 30 percent off then I buy, also have called and gotten price reduced when price went down.

• Like 1

Yep, $84 is what all of mine that I've booked in the last year have started out at--then dropped with sales, then back up.  My 2022 ones are all currently at the $84.  My 2021 cruises started there, now one is down to $50, another at $61.  $84 seems to be the most recent 'onboard price' that they are basing the percentage off sales from.  

2 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

HOLY ****!!!  Are they out of their minds?  $84 p.p. per day for the drink package!!!!  This is a port intensive cruise...NO sea days!  LOL LOL LOL  NO WAY!!

They do not start to reduce the prices until usually around 9 to 12 months before sail date.  Just be patient it will drop.

46 minutes ago, George C said:

I paid over 50 just once and we always buy package, we are now diamond plus so we can get 30 percent off, if I see sale that’s more than 30 percent off then I buy, also have called and gotten price reduced when price went down.

Just to make clear to anyone else reading,  the D+ discount on the DP applies on board only, not to planner purchases. 

• Thanks 1

To be honest I never understood all this hype about drink packages. I mean seriously guys, you can always enjoy the bar on board. Why wasting money on a drinking package ? You wont drink that much anyway, and in any case even this package will not be enough lol 

15 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

You wont drink that much anyway,

We have always come out on top as far as our money on the DDP, and we are not alcoholics. We look and buy at the best price. Usually averages out to 4-5 drinks per day and that covers all waters, sodas, coffee and cocktails. The main thing we like is to prepay for our drinks ahead of time and not worry about a bill at the end of our cruise.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

To be honest I never understood all this hype about drink packages. I mean seriously guys, you can always enjoy the bar on board. Why wasting money on a drinking package ? You wont drink that much anyway, and in any case even this package will not be enough lol 

Why should your personal preferences and drinking patterns apply to everyone else.  The package doesn't work for you...that's great but it does work for others

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Why should your personal preferences and drinking patterns apply to everyone else.  The package doesn't work for you...that's great but it does work for others

👍

Edited by molly361

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Double like 👍👍

7 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Our Odyssey sailing in 2022 has the Private Beach club area at Coco Cay priced at $238.07 CAD. Per person.  (A few days ago it was $264.67pp)

Not sure if that's a mistake or that is actually the price they want now? 

IMG_4125.thumb.jpeg.cd80a2a06f8c1a7cd52fa0cac9af4744.jpeg

We paid $79.00 in September for our Symphony cruise in 4/22. Just checked, it is now $179.00.

21 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

This is not my first rodeo.  I've never seen it priced THAT high.  They're out of their  minds!

Whom is out of their mind ? Someone whom takes $ 0.45 worth of alcohol and sell it for $ 12.00 ? RCI has $ 84 .00 DP because people will pay that :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Roger88 said:

When I wait for the right price I always come out ahead, heck I can almost break even on the fresh squeezed OJ alone!

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We have a winner.   Sound advise. Probably  works for most every “discussion“ on these boards. But then, we wouldn’t have any fun, would we?  

m

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, happy cruiser1234 said:

Our Odyssey sailing in 2022 has the Private Beach club area at Coco Cay priced at $238.07 CAD. Per person.  (A few days ago it was $264.67pp)

Not sure if that's a mistake or that is actually the price they want now? 

IMG_4125.thumb.jpeg.cd80a2a06f8c1a7cd52fa0cac9af4744.jpeg

Prices were really low for some of my cruises for this past October and November!  No wonder the price was cheap, there was no way Royal Caribbean was sailing. 

For some of my 2021 Cruises I’m seeing it in the $179 per person and up range.    I’ll pass, but for others it might be an option. 

m