Crown and Anchor level up during cruise?

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

You get the benefits on the next cruise, unless you make Pinnacle.

And you do not always get it on the cruise that you make Pinnacle.  My wife and I had to wait for our next cruise.  We were on a B2B and the LA did not do it for us until the second cruise.  We hit 700 on the first cruise.

• Like 2

If you think about it, everyone makes it to the next level on a cruise.  Points are officially added to your C&A account a week to 10 days after completion of your cruise. 

I always looked at it this way...makes that next cruise that much sweeter.  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

If you think about it, everyone makes it to the next level on a cruise.  Points are officially added to your C&A account a week to 10 days after completion of your cruise. 

I always looked at it this way...makes that next cruise that much sweeter.  😉 

Not always.  If you are on a B2B and make it on the first cruise, the system will not have your new level for the second cruise.  You need to coordinate with the LA during the first cruise so that you have the new level benefits for the second cruise.  Also, if you next cruise after you make a level is less then six days later, you will need to call C&A to have them update your status before you sail.

Generally in practice the only exceptions are for B2B cruises who will earn enough points to level up after cruise one.  Since points take ~ 7 days to post and make the level up official most LAs will recognize the level up for cruise two of the B2B or if you have less than ~7 days between cruises.  

In cases where you have a short gap between cruises your SetSail pass will have your previous level and you have to use that level in the terminal to board but once on board you can visit the LA and discuss it with them.  They can at their discretion bump your onboard account up for that next cruise.  

1 minute ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Also, if you next cruise after you make a level is less then six days later, you will need to call C&A to have them update your status before you sail.

They refused this request for me when I reached Diamond.  I had to board as an Emerald but once on board the LA was willing to make me Diamond.  He placed a sticker on my card, then gave me a second blank card to unlock the DL.    

16 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Do people still take cruises because they actually like to cruise.

Or is it more about achieving the next "status level"??

Some of us actually like to cruise and we cruise all the time.  I had many cruises with a 3 to 5 day break between them because I went to DisneyWorld between cruises.  Now I do B2B with the same cabin.  Once I retired, I stopped being a “normal” cruiser.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Of course we like to cruise.

The status level is just the icing on the cake!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

If you are on a B2B and make it on the first cruise, the system will not have your new level for the second cruise.  You need to coordinate with the LA during the first cruise so that you have the new level benefits for the second cruise.

That has been our experiences. 

3 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Not always.  If you are on a B2B and make it on the first cruise, the system will not have your new level for the second cruise.  You need to coordinate with the LA during the first cruise so that you have the new level benefits for the second cruise.  Also, if you next cruise after you make a level is less then six days later, you will need to call C&A to have them update your status before you sail.

Sure, if I really want to push the fact.  It's not a given the LA or calling C&A will grant that request either.   I find it more simple to wait until the points are officially added.  I can be patient.  

Now...let's talk about that B2B...do you really think we will be on any B2Bs in the near future?  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Sure, if I really want to push the fact.  It's not a given the LA or calling C&A will grant that request either.   I find it more simple to wait until the points are officially added.  I can be patient.  

Now...let's talk about that B2B...do you really think we will be on any B2Bs in the near future?  😉 

B2B seems to be the only thing the CDC has not committed about.

10 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

B2B seems to be the only thing the CDC has not committed about.

It's coming...just like no cruises longer than 7 nights.  I believe some lines are already cracking down on them.  Time will tell how much and when the new guidelines will come out.  

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, matj2000 said:

I cruise because I like ship, itinerary, price but I'm not loyal to any line.  I enjoy perks because I cruise frequently, but I would never go on one cruise over another just to get to the next level.

8 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Are you implying that spending several thousand dollars for three daily free drinks is not a good investment?🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Dont know if i actually like cruising ...Its been nearly a year and nobody knows what it will be like when it resumes .

Was more about achieving pinapple by the time i reached 55 . 😛 Nothing like a challenge for a Sag :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Dont know if i actually like cruising ...Its been nearly a year and nobody knows what it will be like when it resumes .

Was more about achieving pinapple by the time i reached 55 . 😛 Nothing like a challenge for a Sag :classic_smile:

What's a Sag? I could think of a few things that end with Aussie Gentleman, but I am curious as to the meaning. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

What's a Sag? I could think of a few things that end with Aussie Gentleman, but I am curious as to the meaning. :classic_biggrin:

The Belief  position of the sun when you were born some how affects your personality , Sagittarius .

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

The Belief  position of the sun when you were born some how affects your personality , Sagittarius .

How are things going there?  I am still waiting for RCI to cancel the cruises I have booked starting in February out of Sydney.   

Isn't the cruise ship ban currently until December 17th?  Assuming the new extension of the ban coming out soon?  

Edited by island lady