No proof yet that vaccination prevents transmission to others

33 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Will that proof come from a barcode on your body like the nazis did in the concentration camps?. Because i will not be tattooed like that. I have the vaccine if a simple injection or 2 but not if I am being branded like they said on RT today.

Who/what is RT?  No one will be branded or tattooed.  OMG.  It's called a shot record like is required when you visit some countries, which I have already posted about to you.  

Edited by BND

11 minutes ago, BND said:

Who/what is RT?  No one will be branded or tattooed.  OMG.  It's called a shot record like is required when you visit some countries, which I have already posted about to you.  

Russia Today. 

How do we get this shot record it won't be inside of your body?. And like I have explained to you I have never needed to show it to anyone. I have never been asked for proof of vaccination ever in my life.

I don't have an Iphone. I have pay as you go or prepaid or track phone in your terms. I will get a cheap second hand Iphone if we really need one. And what will they do in the countries who don't have good technology?

58 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Will that proof come from a barcode on your body like the nazis did in the concentration camps?. Because i will not be tattooed like that. I have the vaccine if a simple injection or 2 but not if I am being branded like they said on RT today.

What?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I think it will. Some will not want to get vaccinated and they will be forced to if they wish to move forward in their lives and back to normalcy. Schools, Airlines, Cruiselines, Hotels, just to name a few will require proof of immunization. 

A lot will make it a condition of employment, the service industry for example or city workers, government workers, frontline workers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Russia Today. 

How do we get this shot record it won't be inside of your body?. And like I have explained to you I have never needed to show it to anyone. I have never been asked for proof of vaccination ever in my life.

I don't have an Iphone. I have pay as you go or prepaid or track phone in your terms. I will get a cheap second hand Iphone if we really need one. And what will they do in the countries who don't have good technology?

Not sure of your country of origin or your age. But throughout my formative years here in the US, I've had the measles, the mumphs, and the chicken pox. Today one can get vaccinated for these. But as a child, I was vaccinated for Polio (sugar cube), andalso had what was called a 'booster' shot that formed a scab on where they injected you with 5 tiny needles. This required a immunization folio/chart. It was also required to present to school officials to enter schools. This was nationwide.  Tatoos & Chips are not needed. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Not sure of your country of origin or your age. But throughout my formative years here in the US, I've had the measles, the mumphs, and the chicken pox. Today one can get vaccinated for these. But as a child, I was vaccinated for Polio (sugar cube), andalso had what was called a 'booster' shot that formed a scab on where they injected you with 5 tiny needles. This required a immunization folio/chart. It was also required to present to school officials to enter schools. This was nationwide.  Tatoos & Chips are not needed. 

40s UK. I had all of that as school as you did. I had the 5 or 6 needle thing and the others. All done by the school nurse or family doctor and my medical records got updated as and when I suppose. That is probably all on paper at the doctors. They have probably put into computer  by now. I have no idea to how access any of it remotely and I don't remember being given anything to take home from school after the jabs and my parents were not present with me at the time so nothing was given to them. I have joined a dentist recently medical questions got asked but vaccination never came up.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

40s UK. I had all of that as school as you did. I had the 5 or 6 needle thing and the others. All done by the school nurse or family doctor and my medical records got updated as and when I suppose. That is probably all on paper at the doctors. They have probably put into computer  by now. I have no idea to how access any of it remotely. 

Do you reside in Russia now?

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

40s UK. I had all of that as school as you did. I had the 5 or 6 needle thing and the others. All done by the school nurse or family doctor and my medical records got updated as and when I suppose. That is probably all on paper at the doctors. They have probably put into computer  by now. I have no idea to how access any of it remotely. 

If you, or your parents, were not given a copy then you call your physician and ask for a copy. This is not rocket science. My office supplies immunization records to people frequently..... no chips or tattoos required.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Are you lost? This is a cruise forum dedicated to Royal Caribbean. Welcome to cruise critic, you may want to find a medical board instead.

These boards have been discussing medically related topics for months. We certainly don't have any cruises to talk about.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Are you lost? This is a cruise forum dedicated to Royal Caribbean. Welcome to cruise critic, you may want to find a medical board instead.

Well... funny you mention this...check this out. On our next scheduled cruise these group will be on the ship as well...looks like we'll be sailing w/ a few medical folks. 

Infectious Diseases: 2021 Update
Up to 14.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
14 ACPE Credits
14.0 Contact Hours
12-Night Europe Cruise Conference 
Round-trip Amsterdam, The Netherlands 
Celebrity Reflection
July 30, 2021 - August 11, 2021

https://universityatsea.com/coursedetails.php?program_number=3173

🙂 

33 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

40s UK. I had all of that as school as you did. I had the 5 or 6 needle thing and the others. All done by the school nurse or family doctor and my medical records got updated as and when I suppose. That is probably all on paper at the doctors. They have probably put into computer  by now. I have no idea to how access any of it remotely and I don't remember being given anything to take home from school after the jabs and my parents were not present with me at the time so nothing was given to them. I have joined a dentist recently medical questions got asked but vaccination never came up.

You're not old enough, not a slight, just a fact, to have ever had to deal with vaccination records. The first time I travelled from the U.S. to Germany in 1967, I had to have my vaccination record card current and complete in order to re-enter the U.S. at the end of my trip. By the time you were born, the threat posed by the viruses whose vaccines were recorded on that card were no longer considered active in Europe any more, so the vaccine cards went away. No big deal to roll them out again. Us old folks know how to use them and what they're for.

BTW, anyone out there who had to get the smallpox vaccine prior to 1970 can probably still find the "tattoo" on their upper arm from the injection. Still can find where mine was. Even though it has faded, the round dime-sized dent still exists in my left arm.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

These boards have been discussing medically related topics for months. We certainly don't have any cruises to talk about.

And information on vaccine progress is IMO critical to any discussion of re-starting cruises.

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no idea how people have survived on this planet all these years not wearing masks forever and ever and ever. 

Vaccines? Modern medicine? Average life expectancy was under 40 until 1900. This is a novel virus and the science will catch up with it. Until then...

30 minutes ago, orville99 said:

You're not old enough, not a slight, just a fact, to have ever had to deal with vaccination records. The first time I travelled from the U.S. to Germany in 1967, I had to have my vaccination record card current and complete in order to re-enter the U.S. at the end of my trip. By the time you were born, the threat posed by the viruses whose vaccines were recorded on that card were no longer considered active in Europe any more, so the vaccine cards went away. No big deal to roll them out again. Us old folks know how to use them and what they're for.

BTW, anyone out there who had to get the smallpox vaccine prior to 1970 can probably still find the "tattoo" on their upper arm from the injection. Still can find where mine was. Even though it has faded, the round dime-sized dent still exists in my left arm.

Yep, have the smallpox scar and can easily find it.  

14 minutes ago, BND said:

Back when I first travelled to Europe, I had to have documentation of everything of value (cameras, lenses, watches, etc.) that I brought into Europe with me so I didn't get charged duty on any of it when I came back. I still have all of those documents, and my old vaccine card was still with them.

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Russia Today. 

I suggest you get prepared to be asked

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Russia Today. 

They hand you a piece of paper with the vaccine lot, date of vaccination, dose and route of administration. That's all you need for a vaccination record. I've had to present one for every college I've attended starting in 1972 and every job I've ever had,  because I worked in medicine. 

2 hours ago, BND said:

My mom said that for sure I had the vaccine (Way before 1970)....but I don't have a scar from it. 

Edited by Coralc

On 11/24/2020 at 9:33 AM, ace2542 said:

We will wear masks forever and ever and ever as they also prevent you catching common cold, flu, bronchitis, and pneumonia in some cases. Remember that. And it will stop people having days of work and will save the NHS a good amount of money every year. Not sure how much it would save U.S every year with everything being on insurance or you pay for it yourself. 

So now you’re going to be paranoid or have such a big interest in saving the NHS money when you weren’t before? After it’s safe to stop wearing masks I’m going to trash them as fast as I can.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, mek said:

Some people will and some people wont.  When this pandemic is over, I will be in the "won't" group.

Same here. 

12 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

They hand you a piece of paper with the vaccine lot, date of vaccination, dose and route of administration. That's all you need for a vaccination record. I've had to present one for every college I've attended starting in 1972 and every job I've ever had,  because I worked in medicine. 

And how will they know that it is not forged? I think with European GDPR legislation over data protection they will have a hard time confirming the authenticity of  a piece of paper at least on a vaccination that has taken place outside of the U.S?