Majestic Princess Heading for LA

WAussieSFO

Hi Karen,  It looks like things are starting to move.  Crew in the Philippines wrote saying some are getting notices for the Med. Exams before returning.  One Accommodation Officer got his.  Three Chefs join Ruby last months and they were transferred to Majestic, who's on her way to LA.   My neighbor,  a Music Director for Princess wrote saying there's going to be a online conference for all Music Directors tomorrow.    All I can say is HOO RAH !    Return to cruising has to start somewhere, sometime, and this is the beginning.  Yes Majestic is a lovely ship.     

• Like 3

Great the ships are moving to L.A. However, don't see passenger cruising for a long time.

First the vaccinations for all of us must be given.Then how about the usual passengers from other countries, they have to be able to travel as well. I can't wait to cruise again. Life is so boring right now.

Living in Ca. , we are now starting another lockdown today.

Glad Princess has started the movement of their ships to the West Coast. Guess they will start sailing with Mock passengers (crew).

6 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

After Majestic and Royal, Ruby became the 3rd ship to depart from Manila yesterday and head to Los Angeles.

Anyone know if there is more than a skeleton crew on board these ships?

• Thanks 1

Word from crew member is Princess is getting 7 ships ready.  Onboard the three ships are the full staffing of Deck, Environmental, Engine, Electro Technical Departments.  Partial Food Services, Medical and Housekeeping.  A few others like Plumbers, Carpenters, Storekeeper and Crew Manager.   I'm guessing that during the ships down time, contractors were installing and completing the Ocean Medallion and other up grades planned.  

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’ve seen on YouTube that all of the Princess ships are now equipped with the Medallion. Maybe they will need people for the test cruises. If I hear anything I’ll post. 

Tom😀

Not true, even if on Youtube.

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

I’ve seen on YouTube that all of the Princess ships are now equipped with the Medallion.

Based on the CC article all ships except for the Pacific: “The move means that all Princess ships will now be Medallion Class, except for Pacific Princess, the smallest vessel in the line's fleet”.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5772/

Here is the official press release from Princess: https://www.onesourcecruises.com/pdf/onesource/pc/news/fourth-quarter-2020/PrincessExpandsMedallionClassExperience.pdf 

As stated above, all ships except Pacific, will renter service fully outfitted for Medallion Class. Work has been ongoing during the shutdown.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, Gimer said:

Word from crew member is Princess is getting 7 ships ready.

Nothing for sure but I'm seeing the seven will likely be:

- Caribbean 

- Majestic (west coast)

- Emerald (likely bound for the west coast; current destination is Panama)

- Grand (west coast)

- Royal (west coast)

- Coral (likely bound for the west coast; current destination is Panama)

- Ruby (west coast -- for those curious about what's up with the LA voyages on Crown now showing "not available"? I think this is the one to look out for, if it does go ahead)

--> speaking of which, having another upheaval of their summer LA schedule is so chaotic

These all mostly align with their summer 2021 schedule in the American market, so no surprises here. It'll be quite a sight to see any Princess vessel docked at or near a U.S. port after a long while.