Reality Of Today

LouChamp

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I think you have a valid point because over on the Princess board I read that Carnival Corporation  announced Jan Swartz has been named group president of Holland America Group, responsible for Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Australia, as well as Holland America Princess Alaska Tours and inter-group operation.  This seems like step one of consolidating cruise lines and eliminating positions similar to the way the department stores merged and Macy's took over all of them at the end with the exception of the luxury Department stores. 

My other issue with ccl, that rcl does not have is a judge in miami recently ordered a inspection because of a dumping order that ccl has known for years and done nothing about. Now each and every ship in their fleet has to be inspected because of the dumping they were found guilty of. That engineer poster, @chengkaa, cant spell his name, says it's their own fault for not taking care of it long ago, some things I believe need to be fixed in a port ... that's on top of the cdc inspections. 

Best November almost on record, might not mean a Santa claus rally in december. Just my thoughts as a stock trader. Just checked futures dow futures are down 85 pts, of course they could reverse on a dime with good news. As I said I was a stock trader for a while. The taxes were such a pain, I quit, not because I wasnt making money. We will see if I'm wrong, but felt like ccl was getting tired. I think the hardest thing is selling at a loss. Cant rebuy for at least 30 days or I have a wash sale and messes up my taxes. ..ok by me. Rcl just better positioned imo.,

4 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yep I mentioned it above, post 20.

Concerning. You have a link to the news I mentioned., i really wanted the vaccine for me and my parents. Cant help cruising get off the ground. 

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

I can't say that I'm surprised.

21 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure when you would have bought to get such  a lost lost or what cruise stock you bought?,  We bought a 100 shares of of NCLH back in August and we are $1000 up. I guess you are thinking I should sell now. What do other's think about NCLH ? Time to get out or hold a bit longer.

All three cruise line stocks are sitting on top of a bubble.  Rule of thumb... Pigs get slaughtered. Locking in a thousand is a good profit.. Six buys and 10 holds, time for a trailing stop loss. happy gambling..

Stock Price Forecast

The 13 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd have a median target of 21.00, with a high estimate of 26.00 and a low estimate of 11.00. The median estimate represents a -25.39%decrease from the last price of 28.15.

file.png?z748f7c0azdf6d6e3b65b54221b722a3945c43518d

Analyst Recommendations

The current consensus among 17 polled investment analysts is to holdstock in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. This rating has held steady since November, when it was unchanged from a hold rating.Move your mouse over past
months for detail

file.png?z748f7c0az51f6e5f9ab8544f0aa20efa0a3ecb1af
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

All three cruise line stocks are sitting on top of a bubble.  Rule of thumb... Pigs get slaughtered. Locking in a thousand is a good profit.. Six buys and 10 holds, time for a trailing stop loss. happy gambling..

Stock Price Forecast

The 13 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd have a median target of 21.00, with a high estimate of 26.00 and a low estimate of 11.00. The median estimate represents a -25.39%decrease from the last price of 28.15.

file.png?z748f7c0azdf6d6e3b65b54221b722a3945c43518d

Analyst Recommendations

The current consensus among 17 polled investment analysts is to holdstock in Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. This rating has held steady since November, when it was unchanged from a hold rating.Move your mouse over past
months for detail

file.png?z748f7c0az51f6e5f9ab8544f0aa20efa0a3ecb1af

JIMBO, sorry it did not print. Let me sum it up.. time to get out, might lose a few dollars but you have a great gain. Also hard to believe Royal is at 82 today. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

JIMBO, sorry it did not print. Let me sum it up.. time to get out, might lose a few dollars but you have a great gain. Also hard to believe Royal is at 82 today. 

Hard to jump off the board now, maybe ride the wave until the end of the week? gained almost $200 more today.........

We have just moved deposits only for June and Aug 2021 cruises.  If they do not sail, we will move the deposits to 2022- we will not pay in full unless a true go.  We did pay in full for a 2020 March cruise and moved that to 2021- then March 2022.  But that one was paid in full.  

Will certainly not pay in full for any future cruise until we are allowed to sail again.

15 hours ago, Coralc said:

They are talking about stocks not politics. :classic_rolleyes:

18 hours ago, maggieq said:

Can we please get back to cruise related topics. There are many social media platforms for your investment comments. 

FTFY

• Haha 2

On 12/7/2020 at 4:48 PM, LouChamp said:

yes originally from manhattan watched them build the world trade center.

actually lived across the street from it from 1987 until 2001.  divide my time now although have been in ny caring for my mom. will go to oahu as soon as i can though.  used to think florida would be good for retirement but decided to think outside the box lol.  all the best

In 1945 one of my cousins married a woman from Oahu.Her father gave him a deed to some land as a wedding present .He sold the land to a developer who built a hotel and a golf course.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, HaveWeMetYet said:

This week will be an interesting one watching covid case counts. If all the concern about traveling the week of Thanksgiving is true then case counts should shoot up above 200k per day for the next several weeks. We have been at about 200k for the last couple of weeks. If they start to fall then I think we have reached the peak of covid. Cases are falling in Europe pretty quickly and there ramp up started a little before the US.

The reality of today is you can't run cruises with the type of numbers going on. However, if they start to drop off fairly quickly over the next few weeks then a March startup could be in the cards. I still don't plan on getting on a cruise ship until all the mask wearing (like it has done any good preventing covid), social distancing, testing crap is over with. Also, I need to see schedules stabilize. There are still a lot of cruises late in 2021 and 2022 either being cancelled or changed.

So this will be the 7th time we have reached the peak apparently. Numbers sat at 60k months ago and were falling consistently. There are too many people who are non believers or dont care.

On 12/7/2020 at 8:25 PM, Eddie Wilson said:

As a cruise addict, I assume you keep your eyes and ears on the industry, because when the industry is back you will want to have a cruise on the books.  Here in Cincinnati, between About March 30 and April 10 is “THE DAY”, being the day spring suddenly turns up the contrast and tint to BRIGHT.  The grass is suddenly deep green, the sky brighter, the effects of winters black and white world being tossed away.

The cruising world will also have THE DAY.....just not sure when.  When  that day arrives, it may be nice to have one booked and not have to wait a year or so.  Demand may be pent up, or at least act that way due to fewer travelers at first.  

Eddie

It is hardly a matter of "the day" cruising returns. It needs to be back in a form that I will enjoy. I have a cruise booked for April 2021. I will cancel it just before final payment is due as there is no way enough cruies will have occured before then to know what the experience is like. When I booked I was hoping things would have started up at least by January.

I cancelled my Jan 2021 cruise just before final payment for the same reasons.

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is hardly a matter of "the day" cruising returns. It needs to be back in a form that I will enjoy. I have a cruise booked for April 2021. I will cancel it just before final payment is due as there is no way enough cruies will have occured before then to know what the experience is like. When I booked I was hoping things would have started up at least by January.

I cancelled my Jan 2021 cruise just before final payment for the same reasons.

My april cruise is paid off by my one and only fcc.

All I can do is wait it out. See if they extend some things perhaps by the end of January idk, but just sitting on my hands. Lifted and shifted 5, I'm full up. I think almost everyone on my roll call lifted and shifted ... except me lol. 

I'll wait things out, nothing else really I can do. This was my best priced balcony I have booked, I really hate to lose it. 

Edited by firefly333

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My april cruise is paid off by my one and only fcc.

All I can do is wait it out. See if they extend some things perhaps by the end of January idk, but just sitting on my hands. Lifted and shifted 5, I'm full up. I think almost everyone on my roll call lifted and shifted ... except me lol. 

I'll wait things out, nothing else really I can do.

I completely understand. If I had FCCs my thoughts might be different. But everything I had booked was with refundable deposits so it is easy for me to get out before final payment day arrives. Lifting & shifting did not work out for any of my cruises.