Another HAL Survey

Loreto

I can understand why HAL is doing this survey.

I believe that there is a significant difference between the near-medium term cruising intentions of some cruise enthusiasts on CC and the those of the average cruiser.  I believe that difference will be even wider with families who cruise.

• Like 1

5 Star Mariner here; no survey.  On what basis are these surveys sent?

I wonder:  is this someone in IT doing this to help justify their continued employment?

(Please pardon my cynicism.)

Edited by rkacruiser

Also received this survey asking about our travel plans for the next year. Lots of 5 multiples choices, but also a considerable amount of room for comments in several areas which is rather unusual in surveys. But then, someone has to read them, right??

Received the email ... haven't read but will answer the survey.

We have had 5 cruises cancelled ... 4 with HAL ...  have 4 FCD each and ... FCC from the cancelled cruises ... and NO cruises booked.  4* and can't wait to cruise ... when it's safe ... 

I can understand why HAL would want to monitor past customers' plans and attitudes.  The travel and entertainment industries have taken a huge hit during this pandemic, as we're all aware.  

Going forward, some people are going to reorder their priorities, or choose other forms of travel.  When you're away from something for a prolonged amt. of time, whether it's movies, dining out, cruising, attending sporting events, etc., you may view the activity differently.

• Like 1

It seems logical that HAL would direct this survey at customers who had cruises cancelled but have not yet rebooked.  They can feel secure that those of us who have rebooked (repeatedly) will remain customers; they’re trying to figure out the attitudes of others.  

It is likely random.  It will be very different when we emerge so a business needs to monitor trends to plan appropriately.

I got one about a month ago concerning my attitudes toward future travel, it must be the same survey perhaps refined a bit now.

Glad to see so many different thoughts.  We are 5* and have 2 HAL cruises booked: Alaska in July...cautiously optimistic and Hawaii/Mexico in Feb 22 (if things aren't resolved by then I give up!)

We took the full refund for the 3 cruises that were cancelled this year....that didn't show much loyalty to HAL.

We also have a river cruise in late September.

I answered the survey that I will be really comfortable returning to cruising when we have the vaccine and that  I miss the beautiful scenery that travel affords.

We have been cooling our heels at home since March as our California governor demands.  We came home from a cruise once with Noro Virus, and that was not fun🤕 .  Even with a vaccine caution is still important.  It will be interesting to see what protocols HAL has in place.

What have the pollsters been able to determine in the last 4 years, accurately, or even close to that "standard"?

I suggest whatever this "survey" may be--as I said--is someone in Seattle trying to keep his/her employment justified.  

It does make some sense to survey those whose cruises who have been cancelled and who have re-booked, cancelled, re-booked, cancelled, etc.  But, what about those of us who have significant amount of HAL experience who most recently sailed, i.e. January, 2020?