Silhouette - "best" S1 ?

NewWestwardbound

I am hoping to book a warm weather cruise in 2022 and wondered if there were any opinions on merits/demerits of the various S1 cabins on Silhouette? I know they are all located at the aft "corners"  and understand the "pole" layout. Would I go far wrong with one located between other passenger decks, or does the forum have a firm favourite? Thanks in advance.  

5 hours ago, NewWestwardbound said:

I am hoping to book a warm weather cruise in 2022 and wondered if there were any opinions on merits/demerits of the various S1 cabins on Silhouette? I know they are all located at the aft "corners"  and understand the "pole" layout. Would I go far wrong with one located between other passenger decks, or does the forum have a firm favourite? Thanks in advance.  

The only other consideration of possible concern is the Window Washing machine/equipment which is parked outside the S1 corner aft cabins I believe on Deck 10 on Silhouette.  The view on the side will be partially obstructed but we have found this to be no big deal really.

I'm not sure what deck the window washing machine/equipment is on all the other S-Class ships back aft, but on Reflection, it was on Deck 11, right outside 1688 and 1665.  We found the view to be obstructed and found it to be a really big deal.  It covered the entire starboard side of our balcony.  Would never choose either one of those again.

I suspect it's on Deck 11 on Silhouette based on the deck plans.  I would choose one of the two afts on Deck 10.  🍷

I would also avoid deck 6 as I believe the balcony is smaller like it is on Reflection but not 100% positive.  I can personally vouch for deck 7-9 either side.   Some people like deck 12 for some protection from the sun on the balcony but there can be an issue with noise on the outside seating above.   I also believe there is smoking allowed on the port side of the outside seating as well if that makes a difference to you.

10 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I would also avoid deck 6 as I believe the balcony is smaller like it is on Reflection but not 100% positive.  I can personally vouch for deck 7-9 either side.   Some people like deck 12 for some protection from the sun on the balcony but there can be an issue with noise on the outside seating above.   I also believe there is smoking allowed on the port side of the outside seating as well if that makes a difference to you.

There's no smoking there -- only up on the port side of the aft section of the Lawn Club on Deck 15, by the Sunset Bar.  🍷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I'm not sure what deck the window washing machine/equipment is on all the other S-Class ships back aft, but on Reflection, it was on Deck 11, right outside 1688 and 1665.  We found the view to be obstructed and found it to be a really big deal.  It covered the entire starboard side of our balcony.  Would never choose either one of those again.

I suspect it's on Deck 11 on Silhouette based on the deck plans.  I would choose one of the two afts on Deck 10.  🍷

I am sure it is on deck 10 on Silhouette.  We had cabin 1405.

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

We are booked in 2153, an aft corner suite, on Silhouette for March 2022. 

You are directly below the outside dining deck of the Oceanview Cafe.  You may hear tables and chairs scraping the deck from above in the morning, but I don't think it will be of too much concern unless you are very sensitive or annoyed easily.  🍷

20 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

You are directly below the outside dining deck of the Oceanview Cafe.  You may hear tables and chairs scraping the deck from above in the morning, but I don't think it will be of too much concern unless you are very sensitive or annoyed easily.  🍷

Most of the reviews I have found said that the noise was not much of an issue. 

Our last cruise on Silhouette we were under the port side of the Oceanview Cafe near where the wait station is location and had noise from the carts early every morning.  The Concierge and Suite Manager said that they had about six Suites complain about it and had talked with the manager but not a lot could be done.  I was told that there might be some sound damping put in the ceiling during the update but have no idea about that.  Ended up giving us a nice future cruise credit for our troubles.  

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Most of the reviews I have found said that the noise was not much of an issue. 

Our last cruise on Silhouette we were under the port side of the Oceanview Cafe near where the wait station is location and had noise from the carts early every morning.  The Concierge and Suite Manager said that they had about six Suites complain about it and had talked with the manager but not a lot could be done.  I was told that there might be some sound damping put in the ceiling during the update but have no idea about that.  Ended up giving us a nice future cruise credit for our troubles.  

I think that is correct.  Unless you are easily annoyed, it shouldn't be a problem.

Some of the S2's under the Oceanview had issues with food carts over the tiles throughout the day, mostly morning -- clinkity, clinkity, clinkity over the 8" tiles.  The first couple of Suites are under the carpeted area, so it's not an issue.  🍷

12 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

We are booked in 2153, an aft corner suite, on Silhouette for March 2022. 

We are booked November 2022 cabins 2150 and 2152 (aft S2 suites). I am a bit nervous about the Oceanview noise from above but we didn’t have much choice for S2 suites, as there are only a few on the Silho and the majority are located directly under the Oceanview.

i read the CC thread on cabin reviews and it was mixed in terms of noisy vs not noisy. 

Because this was a L&S we were told we could only upgrade at the S1 cabin’s prevailing cost - which is almost double of our original suite booking. 

So while we feel incredibly lucky to have an aft cabin, I am also very hopeful the noise won’t be too much of an issue. Time will tell. 

Edited by bye-seaya

From what I understand the aft suites are under the outdoor section of the Oceanview Cafe so the noise would only be a problem, if a problem at all, when people are actually using that outdoor area. 

On our last sailing the problem was when they were setting everything up in the mornings and rolling the carts back and forth while setting up for breakfast.  Don't think there would be much of the same type of traffic all the way aft. 

• Like 2

We have sailed in S1s on multiple cruises on S class. Decks 7, 8, 9 are our choice. . The pole is really not an issue at all. Best choice is to have cabins above and below.  Best cabins ever!!!!!

Check out Youtube for videos.

Edited by sippican
  • Like 1

sily bum.JPG

Don't forget the cabin numbers on Silly are different to other S classes

Starboard corner S1s 6306, 7358, 8340, 9376, 1202, 1668 and 2148

Port corner S1s 6307, 7309, 8347, 9301, 1405, 1665 and 2153

For other S Class

Starboard corner S1s 6304, 7356, 8336, 9374, 1198, 1666 and 2146

Port corner S1s 6305, 7307, 8345, 9299, 1403, 1663 and 21513

Edited by groryjm
  • Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 4:22 AM, NewWestwardbound said:

Our favorite S1 cabins on the Celebrity Silhouette are 1665 and 1668.  Reason #1:  With great views on both port and starboard sides, you do not have to choose because an aft cabin affords one to see everything.  Reason #2:  The balcony is large.  Reason #3:  There is no window washing equipment.  Reason #4:  There are only staterooms above and below, limiting the noise factor from public spaces.  Reason #5:  The long walk to public spaces provides some exercise.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Our favorite S1 cabins on the Celebrity Silhouette are 1665 and 1668.  Reason #1:  With great views on both port and starboard sides, you do not have to choose because an aft cabin affords one to see everything.  Reason #2:  The balcony is large.  Reason #3:  There is no window washing equipment.  Reason #4:  There are only staterooms above and below, limiting the noise factor from public spaces.  Reason #5:  The long walk to public spaces provides some exercise.

Those are 5 great reasons.  LOL  🍷

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2021 at 10:06 PM, OUBaylor1 said:

Really glad to hear that -- We just booked 1665 for December 4th on Reflection.  We have been on Equinox and Eclipse but never on Reflection.   We have only sailed in an aft cabin once and that was on Eclipse and was not a suite.  

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Really glad to hear that -- We just booked 1665 for December 4th on Reflection.  We have been on Equinox and Eclipse but never on Reflection.   We have only sailed in an aft cabin once and that was on Eclipse and was not a suite.  

Our post was in response to the Sky ! suites on the Silhouette.  We have never been on the Reflection.  We recently read on a different thread that the window washing equipment is located at different Sky 1 suite balconies on the Solstice class ships and might be located at the balcony of cabin 1665 on the Reflection.  You might want to check the Celebrity thread "S-Class Cabin Information Compilation."  Some people say that they do not mind the window washing equipment, but we feel that a suite should not have any kind of an obstruction.

17 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

Our post was in response to the Sky ! suites on the Silhouette.  We have never been on the Reflection.  We recently read on a different thread that the window washing equipment is located at different Sky 1 suite balconies on the Solstice class ships and might be located at the balcony of cabin 1665 on the Reflection.  You might want to check the Celebrity thread "S-Class Cabin Information Compilation."  Some people say that they do not mind the window washing equipment, but we feel that a suite should not have any kind of an obstruction.

I understand that your post is about the Silhouette. We also have an S1 aft Sky Suite booked on Silhouette for March 2022.  

I have seen conflicting stories about where the window washing equipment is located on Reflection.  Some said deck 10, other said deck 11 and some said it did not obstruct the view at all. 

I do not think it will matter one way or the other.  I enjoy watching the wash as much as I enjoy looking out to the side or ahead.