Tell me about the new CocoCay

I was last on CocoCay abord Sovereign of the Seas in 2004.  Needless to say it's changed a bit!

When the world is eventually unbroken, I'm traveling with my wife and five teens/twenty-somethings.  I've read about the waterpark and the cabanas and Coco Beach Club.  I'm sure the younger five will all hit the water park.  If I just want to chill out in a beach chair and float in the ocean, that is still freely available, right?  I don't need to purchase a cabana.  I assume there are chairs available without a charge?  I'm not cheap, if I need to pay I will, but just thinking it might not be necessary.

As far as drinks go, am I correct there are places to get drinks using a beverage package.  And how about food options.

So basically, I guess what I'm saying is tell me EVERYTHING about CocoCay!😂

There are so many great youtube videos on Perfect Day!  My kids LOVE the water park, but when I just go with my boyfriend (or should I say "when I went") we just get a couple of beach chairs and chill out and enjoy the free beach in the AM, then head back to the ship and enjoy an empty-ish ship for the PM.

Yes you can get a free lounger chair and now the umbrellas are free.  Floaters are available for rent.

Beverage package are honored at the various bars/beverage stations on the island.  There is also a swim bar in the pool.  Lunch is available, and there are several snack station that you can freely partake.  There is a for charge meal restaurant also available.

2 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I'm sure the younger five will all hit the water park.  If I just want to chill out in a beach chair and float in the ocean, that is still freely available, right?  

The water park isnt free, so your kids will purchase it and you wouldnt? Just beach is free.

At least that's my understanding as I haven't been since you have. Boo hoo, and liberty doesnt go there and all the jewel trips there this jan and feb cancelled. It seems I cant get there from here unless I drive to florida. ...might come to that. I really wanted to go there. 

Fabulous pool with swim up bar.  Plenty of loungers around the pool. Free.  Plenty of places to eat.  Free

The water prk that the kids will want is not free.  Check your planner for cost as it changes'

Most of beaches are free with lounges already there. I really can't say much about beaches because we always use the pool. There is a shuttle that will take you from the ship to different parts of the island Free. Try this is you have not already: Perfect Day Island at Cococay, Bahamas | Royal Caribbean Cruises

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Old Coco Cay...natural beach park.

New Coco Cay:  Commercialized theme park (which can be found any where else...don't need a cruise to get there).  

I'd like to know why  jewel could go there from Galveston but none of liberty go there.  I'd like to see it again without getting to florida. Maybe it takes more gas from here? 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware the water park isn't free. Looking online it seems to run about $60 give or take, which seems reasonable if it's your jam.  I figure the kids will want to, I just don't know if I need to.

Keep an eye on those prices some times it goes over $100. very wild swings.

1 hour ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Thanks. Yes, I am aware the water park isn't free. Looking online it seems to run about $60 give or take, which seems reasonable if it's your jam.  I figure the kids will want to, I just don't know if I need to.

If you are purchasing 5 waterpark tickets, it might work well for you to rent a waterpark cabana. It includes the waterpark passes, and might not cost that much more. The passes are on sale on my cruise for $53 each. I've seen it up to $100. I think all 7 of you could have access to the waterpark and cabana for one price.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'd like to know why  jewel could go there from Galveston but none of liberty go there.  I'd like to see it again without getting to florida. Maybe it takes more gas from here? 

It was because they could add Key West as a port stop to make the itinerary CocoCay, Nassau and Key West.

They  won’t do a 7 day itinerary with 2 stops and anything larger than the Jewel could not dock at Key West.

No other ports that they could fit in with travel times to make it a 3 stop cruise.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The island has some tents/huts where locals bahamian sell the typical souvenirs.  

Last january I had my hair braided on island and it lasted for 4 weeks.  

If anyone interested in jet skiing that is fun too.  Watch for sale around $65 for driver and $25 for passenger. 

There is a version of hot air balloon ride too.  

They have a tram you can hop on and off at different parts. 

Overall it's a fun and relaxing day.  

The video explains the food options, I believe, but I will mention that Coco Cay has some very good included food. The buffets have a build-your-own taco bar and a premium selection of fresh fruit, among other things, and the snack shacks offer some delicious items that are different, such as chicken sandwiches and fried mozz sticks. The funnel cake was delicious. It is a fond memory of ours: eating a freshly fried funnel cake under an umbrella in the rain on Coco Cay.

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It was because they could add Key West as a port stop to make the itinerary CocoCay, Nassau and Key West.

They  won’t do a 7 day itinerary with 2 stops and anything larger than the Jewel could not dock at Key West.

No other ports that they could fit in with travel times to make it a 3 stop cruise.

So no hope of coco cay from Galveston:(

Bummer. Thought surely there was a 3rd port they could reach. Darn

6 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

The video explains the food options, I believe, but I will mention that Coco Cay has some very good included food. The buffets have a build-your-own taco bar and a premium selection of fresh fruit, among other things, and the snack shacks offer some delicious items that are different, such as chicken sandwiches and fried mozz sticks. The funnel cake was delicious. It is a fond memory of ours: eating a freshly fried funnel cake under an umbrella in the rain on Coco Cay.

Do the snack shacks cost extra?

Edited by firefly333

11 hours ago, island lady said:

Old Coco Cay...natural beach park.

New Coco Cay:  Commercialized theme park (which can be found any where else...don't need a cruise to get there).  

I wished I would have seen it that way. That would make it a great stop for us.