Jump to content

Are they going to extend the expiration date of FCCs?


Recommended Posts

My in laws have a little bit of FCC that was issued due to an air penalty that we won't be able to use because the sailing we want doesn't take place until 2022 and we can't sail until June of 22. With the new cancellations that leaves less than a year for everyone to use their FCC. Does anyone think they'll extend the expiration date? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same question. We have FCC from a March 2020 cruise that was cancelled. We'll used those credits to book a 2021 cruise to Alaska that was cancelled and now rolling some of them forward to a February 2022 Cruise.  We'll have credits left over that I'd like to use in June of  2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We too are awaiting an update to our account based on two items: first, we had a cruise cut short in Feb 2020 due to norovirus. From this, Princess gave us some FCC’s which we used toward a cruise that was canceled for Jan 2021. We then took the 125% FCC for this cruise as well. So now, we have both FCC’s that have yet to be applied. I’m sure they are bombarded with canceled cruises that need to be adjusted. Not quite ready to book anything, so I’ve just been in a holding pattern. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an answer. But suggest calling Princess for your individual answer. 
 

my FCC book by & use by date is Dec 31/21. 
 

mine was extended so I could use it on my March 28/22 cruise. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I would call or email Princess asking for an extension on the credit. We were easily able to get an extension on a normal FCC purchased on a ship that was set to expire last year. That's pennies compared to all the FCC handed out from problems on cruises and FCC from cancellations. So may not be treated the same. Just thinking they may make exceptions for people who request it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

My in laws have a little bit of FCC that was issued due to an air penalty that we won't be able to use because the sailing we want doesn't take place until 2022 and we can't sail until June of 22. With the new cancellations that leaves less than a year for everyone to use their FCC. Does anyone think they'll extend the expiration date? 

Ours are up May 2022. We are looking into summer of 2022 cruises and contacted Princess Agent and was informed that officially there is no extension but if you had a particular one in mind Princess would assist in applying unused FCC's. With more 2021 cruises being cancelled I can see a formal extension in the works.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jennybenny said:

I think I would call or email Princess asking for an extension on the credit. We were easily able to get an extension on a normal FCC purchased on a ship that was set to expire last year. That's pennies compared to all the FCC handed out from problems on cruises and FCC from cancellations. So may not be treated the same. Just thinking they may make exceptions for people who 

both my FCD & FCC were extended to sail by March 28/22 cruise. I was putting it on a cruise I had already booked. Agent said she was back dating them. Everything was showing properly in my Personalizer Travel Summary this morning. 
 

I agree they should have an official extension. 

however, I am very grateful in the way Princess has helped me out over this. 
 

personally I think it is better to place FCC on a future cruise over letting it sit Unused in account.

and to make the call to ask about your own extension when you have a cruise picked out to book.
Just my opinion after talking to agent. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, dog said:

I have an answer. But suggest calling Princess for your individual answer. 
 

my FCC book by & use by date is Dec 31/21. 
 

mine was extended so I could use it on my March 28/22 cruise. 
 

 

Same experience here. 

 

We had FCC with book by and use by May 2022. 

 

In December when itineraries were released for summer 2022, we used a refunded gift card to pay the deposit on a cruise after May hoping we would be able to apply the credits at some point in the future.   

 

Earlier this week, I called and spoke to a very helpful Princess customer service agent who was able to get the book and use by date on our FCC extended to a couple weeks after the sailing we had chosen, and she apply it to the booked sailing.    

 

All set!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, dog said:

I just checked my personalizer and my FCC use by date is now May 1/22. 

Good move.

At least they don't have to return it for the immediate future unless asked.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Good move.

At least they don't have to return it for the immediate future unless asked.

Mine is all non refundable. I applied it to my March 28/22 cruise. Hope that cruising has returned safely by then from Southampton UK 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My cruise for April 2021 was canceled.   I had used a FCC that had an expiration date of Dec 2019.  Princess did not automatically renew it.  When I tried to transfer it as my deposit on an October cruise, they said it had to be approved.  (They did hold my deposit date open while I waited for approval).  It took at least 6 weeks to get approval and it was extended 2 more years. Only then could my TA use it for my deposit.  I know the staff are busy but one would think they could authorize the booking agent to extend it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were given a FCC as compensation for a major shore excursion screw up on a cruise in 1/20.  The book by date is 1/31/21.  I called last week and was told they would file a "request for extension' and if I don't hear a week before expiration, call back.  Surprised they just can't extend it automatically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, vakamalua said:

We were given a FCC as compensation for a major shore excursion screw up on a cruise in 1/20.  The book by date is 1/31/21.  I called last week and was told they would file a "request for extension' and if I don't hear a week before expiration, call back.  Surprised they just can't extend it automatically.


I was told by agent that she was contacting a different department re: FCC extension. And then another department for moving my FCD. I was  Told my personalizer would be updated within a month. 
by later that night everything was updated. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our future cruise credit that we received from a shortened cruise was set to expire 2/21 which we could not use due to no sailings happening.  I requested an extension and they extended the fcc to 2/22.  It was updated in my personalizer when I logged into my princess account. We have since booked a 12/21  cruise and they automatically applied the future cruise credit to that booking.

 

One question I have is that we had booked a 12/20 cruise with our fcc which Princess cancelled.  Princess  said  in their email we would receive 125% fcc for the cancelled cruise.  The extra fcc we received was $4 and change pp.  Anyone else have experience with this happening?  I realize we paid with fcc, but  I thought they would at least have given us an additional fcc of $25 pp?   I asked our travel agent and he said it was because we paid for the cruise  with a fcc that we were not entitled to the 125% fcc.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your TA is correct.  The FCC you used should be moved back to your CC account, but it does not benefit from the 25% 'bonus'.   The 125% is only earned on any cash payment made for the cruise fare.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Suncitycruiser1925 said:

Our future cruise credit that we received from a shortened cruise was set to expire 2/21 which we could not use due to no sailings happening.  I requested an extension and they extended the fcc to 2/22.  It was updated in my personalizer when I logged into my princess account. We have since booked a 12/21  cruise and they automatically applied the future cruise credit to that booking.

 

One question I have is that we had booked a 12/20 cruise with our fcc which Princess cancelled.  Princess  said  in their email we would receive 125% fcc for the cancelled cruise.  The extra fcc we received was $4 and change pp.  Anyone else have experience with this happening?  I realize we paid with fcc, but  I thought they would at least have given us an additional fcc of $25 pp?   I asked our travel agent and he said it was because we paid for the cruise  with a fcc that we were not entitled to the 125% fcc.

 

 

 

The 25% bonus is only given for actual new money you paid for the cruise, not for FCCs that were used. Your TA was correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, vakamalua said:

We were given a FCC as compensation for a major shore excursion screw up on a cruise in 1/20.  The book by date is 1/31/21.  I called last week and was told they would file a "request for extension' and if I don't hear a week before expiration, call back.  Surprised they just can't extend it automatically.

 

It took almost two weeks since we called but our FCC was extended to a book by date of 12/31/22.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...