I wonder if this will affect Cruise pricing.

Here a link from Bloomberg. Housing prices are climbing. Inventory is low. Will this cause cruise fares to go up?  The exodus from NY and NYC.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-12/wall-street-florida-s-low-taxes-sunshine-golf-attracts-finance-workers?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

If they start to put cruise prices up by too much then they will begin to put cruises out of a lot of peoples price range and it would be a double edged sword to RC and cruise companies in general. I think a lot of people might not go back to cruising at first anyway due to concerns about Covid 19, so putting prices up might backfire and keep them away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Roybthered said:

If they start to put cruise prices up by too much then they will begin to put cruises out of a lot of peoples price range and it would be a double edged sword to RC and cruise companies in general. I think a lot of people might not go back to cruising at first anyway due to concerns about Covid 19, so putting prices up might backfire and keep them away.

I was looking at this from the prospective of more money coming into Florida. Might not apply. 

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was looking at this from the prospective of more money coming into Florida. Might not apply. 

From every email from zillow prices of houses in every zip code I've looked at here in texas is almost exactly the same as the projected increases in florida. Every suburb around me in texas or down on the texas coast is projected over 10% here. My zip code like 11.1%.

Pretty much identical to the zip codes in florida which are also all projected to rise over 10%. I dont see any zip codes either here or florida at under 10% projected price increases for the next year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

From every email from zillow prices of houses in every zip code I've looked at here in texas is almost exactly the same as the projected increases in florida. Every suburb around me in texas or down on the texas coast is projected over 10% here. My zip code like 11.1%.

Pretty much identical to the zip codes in florida which are also all projected to rise over 10%. I dont see any zip codes either here or florida at under 10% projected price increases for the next year.

I’m trying to get a handle with all this rapid growth here, will it affect the prices for cruises out of Florida?  We are getting a lot more winter residents too. 

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m trying to get a handle with all this rapid growth here, will it affect the prices for cruises out of Florida?  We are getting a lot more winter residents too. 

I'm wondering why it would affect florida more than texas cruise prices?

Calif is moving to texas, and our property taxes stink. Bloomberg mentions floridas great property taxes. Our tax rate is 1.69 vs Calif at 1.00 ... our property tax rate is much higher than calif. In fact doesnt take that great of a house to hit that SALT 10k limit biden wants to remove. 

I've also wondered if rising inflation and rising interest rates could slow the growth of prices..florida or anywhere.

Sorry I dont see a link between rising real estate in florida and cruise price. Lol both going up, and might get worse as inflation is projected.

If people moving to florida raises cruise prices in florida ...why wouldn't the same apply to texas with calif moving here.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I'm wondering why it would affect florida more than texas cruise prices?

Calif is moving to texas, and our property taxes stink. Bloomberg mentions floridas great property taxes. Our tax rate is 1.69 vs Calif at 1.00 ... our property tax rate is much higher than calif. In fact doesnt take that great of a house to hit that SALT 10k limit biden wants to remove. 

I've also wondered if rising inflation and rising interest rates could slow the growth of prices..florida or anywhere.

Sorry I dont see a link between rising real estate in florida and cruise price. Lol both going up, and might get worse as inflation is projected.

If people moving to florida raises cruise prices in florida ...why wouldn't the same apply to texas with calif moving here.

Texas has one Port. Florida several. I was looking at it more from the Wall Street money coming here. 

13 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Texas has one Port. Florida several. I was looking at it more from the Wall Street money coming here. 

Maybe not all the people moving there are cruisers.

And we got Tesla and some other really big companies moving here. Austin TX is turning in a 2nd silicon valley. We got a ton of wall street money moving here too. I dont see why it would be more true of florida than texas. If anything seems like since we have fewer cruises out of texas would move our cruise prices up more by your thought process.

Just saying florida isnt any more or less affected than florida. Fewer cruises to me would mean the opposite than your logic, higher prices if real estate prices affected cruise prices.

Though I agree cruise prices will have to go up for cruiselines to be profitable. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Fyi when NJ threatened to tax every Nasdaq transaction...Nasdaq immediately was talking to texas about moving it here. If that's not wall street money idk what is.

• Like 1

There is a lot of available land here.  If lots of people move in, the builders will build more houses.  I have been here before when this happened, and prices for existing houses remained constant, at least once supply increased to meet the existing demand.

The cruise prices can only rise to what cruisers are willing to pay.  Of course, those who moved here, will pay more at first, since they no longer need to fly here or pay for hotels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

There is a lot of available land here.  If lots of people move in, the builders will build more houses.  I have been here before when this happened, and prices for existing houses remained constant, at least once supply increased to meet the existing demand.

The cruise prices can only rise to what cruisers are willing to pay.  Of course, those who moved here, will pay more at first, since they no longer need to fly here or pay for hotels. 

Rational comment - thank you!

16 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

West. I wonder how much of that land would be considered wetlands and I can see a lot of Mitigation required. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

West. I wonder how much of that land would be considered wetlands and I can see a lot of Mitigation required. 

Ocean front always a great investment 

Generally a very finite resource. Dubai might be the exception 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here a link from Bloomberg. Housing prices are climbing. Inventory is low. Will this cause cruise fares to go up?  The exodus from NY and NYC.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-12/wall-street-florida-s-low-taxes-sunshine-golf-attracts-finance-workers?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

I can’t imagine why people would want to leave such a wonderful place like NYC for Florida?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe not all the people moving there are cruisers.

And we got Tesla and some other really big companies moving here. Austin TX is turning in a 2nd silicon valley. We got a ton of wall street money moving here too. I dont see why it would be more true of florida than texas. If anything seems like since we have fewer cruises out of texas would move our cruise prices up more by your thought process.

Just saying florida isnt any more or less affected than florida. Fewer cruises to me would mean the opposite than your logic, higher prices if real estate prices affected cruise prices.

Though I agree cruise prices will have to go up for cruiselines to be profitable. 

Also, Goldman Sachs is rumored to be looking at Texas real estate to move some of their personnel.  The stringent lockdowns in NYC is affecting the tri-state suburbs as it has become more attractive for schooling and quality of life.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Definitely a lot of swampland,  at least as can be seen from the road.

I first moved here in the mid 70's , and there was a lot of conversation concerning the availability of potable water. But , the building continued.

I know our local water company has a large osmosis facility to handle any salt water  intrusion into their well fields. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Also, Goldman Sachs is rumored to be looking at Texas real estate to move some of their personnel.  The stringent lockdowns in NYC is affecting the tri-state suburbs as it has become more attractive for schooling and quality of life.

Did we hear correctly that the Governor (NY) now wants to open the State back up?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Did we hear correctly that the Governor (NY) now wants to open the State back up?

Who knows, between Di Blasio and Cuomo nobody knows.  They are both disliked.  Cuomo had to give his Bills=Colts playoff tickets to nurse(s) as some 45k+ Bills fans signed petition not want him to attend the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

I think that's a major stretch. Wall Street money is not Royal Caribbean's market 😂

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

I agree with this.  The big money people sail on private yachts or on luxury cruise lines. 

Agreed. Although I could see it driving up the price of some of Royals high-end suites while driving down the availability.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Then zillow is wrong as they predict housing prices to rise over 10%. Though you could be right and zillow wrong.  

Its lack of inventory driving up prices. Some things in short supply, maybe due to covid. I've read lumber prices are up quite a bit to build new houses.

...though I still dont think it will influence cruise prices. I would think all these cancellations equal pent up demand, plus people taking fccs they gotta use is why prices of cruises up, not because houses cost more.

• Like 1