New Covid-19 Cruise Ship Rules

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Excuse me but why should I stay home if I agree to follow all protocols for cruising such as wearing a Mask?

I believe anyone who knows the rules upfront should be willing to comply with them, but if everyone is vaccinated and has boarded with a negative test, I personally think compulsory mask wearing is overkill. 

We really won't know what the protocols will be until cruising starts back up.

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

That will never be approved for use in USA. You don't like it because it is english and the irish border and all that jazz. That is my feeling anyway. And if you don't allow Astra vaccinated persons into the country that could cause a lot of problems both for cruising and the world in general. Though I don't think you would go that far.

Ace, what are you talking about?

16 minutes ago, mek said:

I believe anyone who knows the rules upfront should be willing to comply with them, but if everyone is vaccinated and has boarded with a negative test, I personally think compulsory mask wearing is overkill. 

We really won't know what the protocols will be until cruising starts back up.

You are correct, on a 100% vaccinated ship, the mask wearing really wouldn’t be necessary on board. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I wish I had a dime for every time during this pandemic someone played the medical exemption card for not wearing a mask when they came into the store. I told them we weren't excepting that excuse and if they shop fast enough it wouldn't matter. This B. S. excuse is right up there with emotional support animals. Yes,  there are people who are legit in both cases but they aren't the ones taking advantage of the situation.  

Exactly, and you know there are cruisers that will try to use a medical exemption, if they allow it.

36 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You are correct, on a 100% vaccinated ship, the mask wearing really wouldn’t be necessary on board. 

If passengers get off the ship to visit ports and now have exposure to others that may not be vaccinated I think is the reason we will need to wear masks in public areas.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If passengers get off the ship to visit ports and now have exposure to others that may not be vaccinated I think is the reason we will need to wear masks in public areas.

I am sorry but I disagree. 

A vaccinated individual would not have a high enough communicable viral load after exposure on an island, to make a statistically significant threat to a vaccinated non exposed individual. 

Just now, not-enough-cruising said:

I am sorry but I disagree. 

A vaccinated individual would not have a high enough communicable viral load after exposure on an island, to make a statistically significant threat to a vaccinated non exposed individual. 

Yeah, there has been nowhere near enough data to suggest that may be enough to prevent transmission. We'd need community level transmission metrics to infer anything concrete (though the trial data itself does point toward some reduction (which was demonstrated to be incomplete) and we all have the benefit of the living experiment that is Israel right now). 

Secondly, the poster you replied to specifically mentioned a non-vaccinated native population. I'm not sure how your answer addressed that, but even if you're correct that the chance of transmission from a vaccinated to a non-vaccinated individual is lower, what we know now suggests it's not likely low enough to erase the concern. Secondly, if the native population is concerned enough about the disease spreading through it's population to continue strictly enforcing protocol, why on earth would they welcome a cruise ship at port, regardless of the vaccination status of it's passengers if they're still asking their population to take extreme precautions on their own? See the Canadian government's recent decision.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Yeah, there has been nowhere near enough data to suggest that may be enough to prevent transmission. We'd need community level transmission metrics to infer anything concrete (though the trial data itself does point toward some reduction (which was demonstrated to be incomplete) and we all have the benefit of the living experiment that is Israel right now). 

Secondly, the poster you replied to specifically mentioned a non-vaccinated native population. I'm not sure how your answer addressed that, but even if you're correct that the chance of transmission from a vaccinated to a non-vaccinated individual is lower, what we know now suggests it's not likely low enough to erase the concern. Secondly, if the native population is concerned enough about the disease spreading through it's population to continue strictly enforcing protocol, why on earth would they welcome a cruise ship at port, regardless of the vaccination status of it's passengers if they're still asking their population to take extreme precautions on their own? See the Canadian government's recent decision.

I don’t care to address why an island would accept  ship, vaccinated or not. That wasn’t part of the question not part of my answer. 

I never said anything about the chance of transmission from a vaccinated to an unvaccinated individual. 

All I said was transmission between a group of vaccinated individuals was statistically insignificant, and masks among this group would not be necessary. 

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:
On 1/25/2021 at 7:31 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

One cruise line has already done that so why not all mass market lines? Agree, 100% of the population will not be vaccinated, whether is be their own choosing or a medical issue that prevents them from being vaccinated. Those are the folks who will not have the ability to board a cruise ship.

I so hope you are correct!  I was to cruise with the 100% vaccinated!

On 1/24/2021 at 5:30 PM, ROYAL CARIBBEAN DUDE said:

How do you feel about the new rules that have been displayed on Quantum?

• Tracelets
  • Limited time in the pools
  • Limited tables for dining
  • Temperature checks
  • Limited seating in the theatre
  • Muster 2.0
  • 1 metre social distancing
  • Covid testing before and after the cruise

Too strict, or fair?

Under the current circumstances more than fair. Once we will have a policy that all passengers and crew need to be vaccinated maybe certain things can be adapted step by step. Will depend a lot on how imunity of the vaccinations will be, especially against all the mutuations and how long the vaccination covers you before you need to be revaccinated. Since we have different products on the market, some might be more ffective than others in the longer run etc.

Hence, if we can start crusing with the above restrictions at 50-60% capacity, it would be a great start into a new normal.

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I don’t care to address why an island would accept  ship, vaccinated or not. That wasn’t part of the question not part of my answer. 

I never said anything about the chance of transmission from a vaccinated to an unvaccinated individual. 

All I said was transmission between a group of vaccinated individuals was statistically insignificant, and masks among this group would not be necessary. 

I see your point after re-reading the initial reply... You're saying a mask wouldn't be necessary on board the ship after a visit at port, and that is a much different question.

6 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I surely hope children will have to wait to board cruise ships until there is an approved vaccine for them. Children are very efficient spreaders of Covid. Here is an article......

Children are key spreaders

That would put Disney cruise line on the sidelines for awhile, but they can certainly afford it.

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

All I said was transmission between a group of vaccinated individuals was statistically insignificant, and masks among this group would not be necessary

I agree with you doc but tell that to the CDC (Cruise Destroy Charlatans). And if mask is not necessary than by extension neither would any of the other onboard restrictions banded about on here. Apart from the tour situation perhaps.

6 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I agree with you doc but tell that to the CDC (Cruise Destroy Charlatans). And if mask is not necessary than by extension neither would any of the other onboard restrictions banded about on here. Apart from the tour situation perhaps.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting the phone call from the CDC to pick my brain about my ideas.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly, and you know there are cruisers that will try to use a medical exemption, if they allow it.

And at least for a while that shouldn't be a reason to not require vaccinations to cruise.  Sorry, if they start making exemptions for one thing then it will be difficult to not make exemptions for something else.

No vaccination, no cruising - period.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mek said:
4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And at least for a while that shouldn't be a reason to not require vaccinations to cruise.  Sorry, if they start making exemptions for one thing then it will be difficult to not make exemptions for something else.

Amen!

2 hours ago, mek said:

Agree. Cruising is not a necessity but a privilege.  Can't follow the new rules, stay home.

5 hours ago, mek said:

Yes, I completely agree.  

My comment about medical exemption was referring to masks and people that will try to get exemptions if everyone must wear a mask.   European cruises, such as MSC, do not let anyone board that says they have medical exemption and can't wear a mask.  Same as some airlines.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I completely agree.  

My comment about medical exemption was referring to masks and people that will try to get exemptions if everyone must wear a mask.   European cruises, such as MSC, do not let anyone board that says they have medical exemption and can't wear a mask.  Same as some airlines.

My opinion that no vaccine, no cruise doesn't mean I don't feel sorry if someone's not able to cruise  because they can't take the vaccine or haven't yet had the opportunity to do so.

I have a 6 year old grandson that I would dearly love to take along in November if we are lucky enough to cruise, but I understand why he probably will not be allowed to go with us.

14 minutes ago, mek said:

My opinion that no vaccine, no cruise doesn't mean I don't feel sorry if someone's not able to cruise  because they can't take the vaccine or haven't yet had the opportunity to do so.

I have a 6 year old grandson that I would dearly love to take along in November if we are lucky enough to cruise, but I understand why he probably will not be allowed to go with us.

+1

What is going on with you sheeple?  The science said to protect the vulnerable.  We sheltered them.  We developed a vaccine to protect them.  Every one of you forgot the original goal - protect the vulnerable and not overwhelm the medical system.  Anything more is tyrannical control.  But that's where we are.  And you all were well groomed.  SMH.

• Like 4