No Cruising until July?

4 hours ago, badvector said:

Does it even matter?  All of these threads start and end the same anyway.  They're kind of like an oreo; solid at the start and ending but all the good stuff is in between.

Great analogy.  Some threads are like Oreo thins.  Then many are like regular Oreos.  But the best threads are like double stuffed or mega stuffed Oreos. You know, the threads that you need popcorn for. 😀

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, badvector said:

Does it even matter?  All of these threads start and end the same anyway.  They're kind of like an oreo; solid at the start and ending but all the good stuff is in between.

And yet here we are, glutton's for punishment and always coming back for more.  I assume we all miss cruising so badly we use any lifeline we can get ahold of.  

• Like 1

On 2/1/2021 at 2:40 PM, cured said:

My kid lives in LA. I know you have made fun of it but the emergency was VERY real.  Running out of oxygen for the vents, patients in the gift shops.

My local hospitals in one of the states doing relatively well in covid numbers have their ICUs full.  People are having to stay in the ER for other emergencies (personal experience) because there are no ICU rooms.

No matter how much you want to deny the existence of serious disease, it is real, it is here, it is a global pandemic.  Try following the science and not the conspiracy theorists.

So glad that you never have to learn anything new, that you are all knowing from day one on any topic.  Pssst...this is a NOVEL virus. Never seen before. It is not a flu nor a cold.  As scientists learn more about the virus, knowledge and recommendations will change. That is a given.  I for one are so glad today's scientists are willing to update recommendations as they gain new knowledge. We would all be in big trouble if they stuck to early knowledge, not wanting to admit they may have been wrong in the beginning.

I'm still waiting for them to admit they were wrong about a lot of things.  Tell you one thing they aren't good at is forecasting/projecting doom and gloom (which has ruined many lives)

India for example! (the next DEATH ZONEEE)

I am not denying anything - never have never will.  I am part of Team Reality which has been more realistic and spot on about Covid19 than Doomsday Bunker folks.  

IMG_2875.thumb.png.6dcc1e43b3ac1a4d96320dd471af1dbf.png

Here's some more stuff that entertainers on CNN won't show you!

IMG_2839.thumb.jpeg.c5265362584c99ed204eea96db2db364.jpegIMG_2839.thumb.jpeg.c5265362584c99ed204eea96db2db364.jpeg

IMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.71cc88396fbd341e35475b63e57c8f5d.jpegIMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.71cc88396fbd341e35475b63e57c8f5d.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

I'm still waiting for them to admit they were wrong about a lot of things.  Tell you one thing they aren't good at is forecasting/projecting doom and gloom (which has ruined many lives)

India for example! (the next DEATH ZONEEE)

I am not denying anything - never have never will.  I am part of Team Reality which has been more realistic and spot on about Covid19 than Doomsday Bunker folks.  

IMG_2875.thumb.png.6dcc1e43b3ac1a4d96320dd471af1dbf.png

Here's some more stuff that entertainers on CNN won't show you!

IMG_2839.thumb.jpeg.c5265362584c99ed204eea96db2db364.jpegIMG_2839.thumb.jpeg.c5265362584c99ed204eea96db2db364.jpeg

IMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.71cc88396fbd341e35475b63e57c8f5d.jpegIMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.71cc88396fbd341e35475b63e57c8f5d.jpeg

CNN is a pathetic joke. Last spring I watched them a lot and it was always doom and gloom. Their anchors would literally start the show with down turned faces and sad eyes. I gave up on them and started watching the BBC. They told the whole story, both the deaths AND the recoveries. CNN has no credibility in my eyes. Such a shame, too, it used to be a great network.

Hello this thread is going along way to calming my mind because it's the only source i have confirming that cruises are likely to be bumped.

When I called customer services before last week they said i wasn't eligible for lift and shift i did not ask why at that point as i was trying to get more information about what options where or would be. 

They did say I would be eligible for lift and shift if RCCL where the ones to cancel the cruise (dep 29/05)

when I realised sunday night the option would sunset for lift and shift I filled in the form online and it did confirm I was not eligible as there was no equivalent cruise next year.

see the thing is... there is it's just on a different ship. it was too late at night to get through to UK Customer services but if you offered me both ships I would choose the one next year based on amenities alone.

I'd rather have the option of shifting now rather than later it doesn't look like there's many good rooms in my category I don't want 100% FCC as I got a good deal on this one that is not likely to be matched. 

I definitely won't be travelling on this cruise Easyjet have cancelled all flights from my local airport & I likely won't be fully vaccinated until mid december. so it's just a complete waiting game.

Should I wait even after final payment date in the hopes that RCCL will cancel?

31 minutes ago, Jplanetx said:

Hello this thread is going along way to calming my mind because it's the only source i have confirming that cruises are likely to be bumped.

When I called customer services before last week they said i wasn't eligible for lift and shift i did not ask why at that point as i was trying to get more information about what options where or would be. 

They did say I would be eligible for lift and shift if RCCL where the ones to cancel the cruise (dep 29/05)

when I realised sunday night the option would sunset for lift and shift I filled in the form online and it did confirm I was not eligible as there was no equivalent cruise next year.

see the thing is... there is it's just on a different ship. it was too late at night to get through to UK Customer services but if you offered me both ships I would choose the one next year based on amenities alone.

I'd rather have the option of shifting now rather than later it doesn't look like there's many good rooms in my category I don't want 100% FCC as I got a good deal on this one that is not likely to be matched. 

I definitely won't be travelling on this cruise Easyjet have cancelled all flights from my local airport & I likely won't be fully vaccinated until mid december. so it's just a complete waiting game.

I would phone again in the morning, they seem more amenable am than pm. We did lift and shift  our 12 night transatlantic to a 14 night and were even offered a 16nt transpacific . 

Just now, boogybaby said:

I would phone again in the morning, they seem more amenable am than pm. We did lift and shift  our 12 night transatlantic to a 14 night and were even offered a 16nt transpacific . 

It won't do any good calling.  Lift and shift is not an option until Royal cancels the cruise...there is no getting around that

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It won't do any good calling.  Lift and shift is not an option until Royal cancels the cruise...there is no getting around that

Hopefully our may 2021 cruise will sail. If RCL cancels May and we can do an L&S on the cruise, it would make our April-May 2022 bookings a B2B2B2B. We don’t have enough suitcases (or clothes) for that many B’s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Hopefully our may 2021 cruise will sail. If RCL cancels May and we can do an L&S on the cruise, it would make our April-May 2022 bookings a B2B2B2B. We don’t have enough suitcases (or clothes) for that many B’s

Since you're based in FLA, I assume your May cruise is from the US.  It will be cancelled and get ready for laundry on the ship if you don't  have enough clothes for 4 weeks worth of B2B's.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Since you're based in FLA, I assume your May cruise is from the US.  It will be cancelled

And you know that because you are prescient and can see the future?????? Got any stock picks??????

36 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I have 2 cruises out of PC booked for May...but I don't have much hope at all for those to go...sadly. 😞 The second was to be my birthday and our big 25th anniversary cruise.  Believe me, I would love to see that go, but....am prepared to see cancellations (probably by first of next month)...and naturally AFTER

final payment.  😖  Though the second one is 99% paid for already with FCC voucher.  Guess that will have to be reissued.  

At least you and I don't have to worry about hotel and flight bookings.  🙂 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I have 2 cruises out of PC booked for May...but I don't have much hope at all for those to go...sadly. 😞 The second was to be my birthday and our big 25th anniversary cruise.  Believe me, I would love to see that go, but....am prepared to see cancellations (probably by first of next month)...and naturally AFTER

final payment.  😖  Though the second one is 99% paid for already with FCC voucher.  Guess that will have to be reissued.  

My May cruise is also a birthday one and I have about zero hope that it will sail.  Even if it were a 3/4 night one still don't think they will happen in May  Happy Birthday to US!!!

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

My May cruise is also a birthday one and I have about zero hope that it will sail.  Even if it were a 3/4 night one still don't think they will happen in May  Happy Birthday to US!!!

Another birthday under the dark cloud of Covid.  😷🤕🥺  Oh well...could definitely be worse.  At least the wine selection at "home lounge" is better...and I still have my favorite bar mate to enjoy with.  😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, island lady said:

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If it sails, we'll be on it. If it doesn't and we can move it, we'll move it. If we can't find a place to move it, we'll take the refund or the FCC and apply it to one of our other 2022 cruises.

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

If it sails, we'll be on it. If it doesn't and we can move it, we'll move it. If we can't find a place to move it, we'll take the refund or the FCC and apply it to one of our other 2022 cruises.

Ours is May 3 and I'm pretty sure that we would not be on board even if it did sail. Not keen on being one of the first out.

4 hours ago, Jplanetx said:

I had the same worry about our January 2021 cruise......how silly I was. L&S is great and I highly recommend but I have a feeling we'll be doing another round for the previously L&Sed Feb 2022 cruise.....

Don't worry, Royal will cancel your cruise....patience. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

And you know that because you are prescient and can see the future?????? Got any stock picks??????

Prescient????

Since you live in Florida...go to Fantasyland, because that is the only place that you can cruise in May in the US.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Another birthday under the dark cloud of Covid.  😷🤕🥺  Oh well...could definitely be worse.  At least the wine selection at "home lounge" is better...and I still have my favorite bar mate to enjoy with.  😉 

I was also booked to be sailing on my May birthday.  It was the Quantum and is already cancelled.

8 hours ago, Jplanetx said:

Perhaps you don't read other threads as virtually all of them say that (from reasonably minded posters).

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Virtually all of them say that 

New to forum, Mainly digest youtube and blog posts I understand why it feels like they are a little behind on definatives. I think that they want to avoid upsetting press offices of the cruise companies or maybe they are playing it safe?

2 minutes ago, Jplanetx said:

I think that they want to avoid upsetting press offices of the cruise companies or maybe they are playing it safe?

This has been discussed since last March, RCI typically cancels sailings inside (US) final payment when they know for sure they can't possibly sail - until then, they will gladly take your money, even if all other indications are that they likely won't sail.

• Thanks 1